Christmas karma

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
So today at the shell in Airdrie,, this guy comes up to me and asks for a favour ,, he needs to get to the royal Alec hospital. His mother was taken there by ambulance and he has only pennies to his name. So he asks to trade me some cash for some gloves or what ever i would like from his truck. I thought it was strange but whatever , strange things happen right ?
So I say well ok. How much do you need? He says I have 1/4 tank now. We'll I said ok how about $20. He says oh that's great. Thank you very much. So I give him $20 and I finish filling my truck and we are on our way.
We'll I am kind of a suspicious person so I make a note of his truck and what he's wearing etc.
He checks his oil and yatta yatta and then he fills his truck up When I get by the crappy tire I see him go by me and he pulls into super store parking lot and I think he went to the gas station there. After he passes by me I notice the back window is smashed out in one corner and it makes me wonder if he was legit or was it stolen and he was pulling the wool over my eyes ,I will usually help someone out if they need something but it caught me as strange.
He was driving a black dodge 1/2 ton About a 05 or something. And wearing camo boots and work coveralls like you'd wear if running a vac truck. He was missing half his teeth .

But if it was the real thing and he was down on his luck then between this and pushing and pulling people outta the snow the last couple weeks ol Santa better be good to me at Christmas
Just thought I would share this weird experience with you guys

Sent from my iPhone using

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a few here that have the same story that hang around our shopping centers.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a guy do something similar to that, about 2 months ago in the Canadian Tire parking lot. I had no cash, but thought his story was a little too far fetched for my liking.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
There are a few here that have the same story that hang around our shopping centers.

I suppose it's a good scam he wasn't pushy or nothing.
There was a RCMP truck parked just across from me but don't think he noticed it ( was just a plain white one with a topper )

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I had a guy do something similar to that, about 2 months ago in the Canadian Tire parking lot. I had no cash, but thought his story was a little too far fetched for my liking.

Ya. I am guessing that he was full of chit. The royal Alec hospital is in Edmonton I thought ?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya. I am guessing that he was full of chit. The royal Alec hospital is in Edmonton I thought ?

It is, and it's where you spilled beer down the side of the truck a few years ago. After the sled show...... lmao

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot's of inventive ways to scam cash. Had a guy say he missed his crew bus heading to Ft.Mac, wanted $40 to top of what he was missing from his Greyhound fee. I happened to be heading that way and offered him a ride, suddenly he didn't want to go so bad. WTF is wrong with people these days?? Young able bodied people scamming or living on wefare while we import labour to work at Timmies or build steel in the Mac?? Sometimes I feel like saying fawk it, move back to BC and enjoy social assistance and grow a little pot for cash. Who are the dumb ones? Freezing my sack working in the patch or hanging out in the Koots?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I agree I just hope that there are still good people out there that will help out an honest person in need .
$20 is still 20 bucks But I would hope that people would help me if or when I need it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I agree I just hope that there are still good people out there that will help out an honest person in need .
$20 is still 20 bucks But I would hope that people would help me if or when I need it.

You know people would help you out in time of need...............because you are not a scam artist!

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a soft heart and will help people in need but I dont give cash. I will take them to the store to buy food, buy them a meal or put gas into their car. I want to be sure the money is going to a what they say and not booze or drugs. Thats my two cents worth

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have a soft heart and will help people in need but I dont give cash. I will take them to the store to buy food, buy them a meal or put gas into their car. I want to be sure the money is going to a what they say and not booze or drugs. Thats my two cents worth

It went into his tank for sure. I went in to the store and said put $20 on #5 pump

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like saying fawk it, move back to BC and enjoy social assistance and grow a little pot for cash. Who are the dumb ones? Freezing my sack working in the patch or hanging out in the Koots?

How the fawk did we get dragged into this? :dontknow:

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How the fawk did we get dragged into this? :dontknow:

Sorry my bad. Born and raised an hour or so west of you. I just got back from visiting my brother who is still out there. One place back home I really liked has had a "welfare" family in it for the last 10yrs or so living the good life. I think I might be jealous, I asked the wife if we could go on welfare and squat on my brothers spread but she said no.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been hit with a similar story by a lady who didn't look like she was bad off, just in a tough spot. Somthing about losing her wallet in calgary (she was at the Co-Op in Red Deer) and was trying to make it to Edm. She wasn't driving the nicest Ford Ranger, but she had a young girl with her and I figured even if it was BS it would make me feel better to help than say no. Put $30 in her truck and wished her good luck.

There's still honest people out there so hopefully your gas-dude was one of them.

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That guy hangs around the esso in kingsfrom time to time too. I gave him a coffee and $20, saw him there when I was in a different jacket and car, he asked me for money again with the same story as you but just to the foothills, get a life bud.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
That guy hangs around the esso in kingsfrom time to time too. I gave him a coffee and $20, saw him there when I was in a different jacket and car, he asked me for money again with the same story as you but just to the foothills, get a life bud.

Friggen scam artists. Hope he hits me up again

Top Bottom