Check stop on hiway 16 at tete juan junction

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your from outside of bc you need no registration to ride in bc just insurance:d

I have been told differently! BC requires you to comply with the regulations of your home province. For us hurtin' Albertans, this means reg. and ins to operate the sled.

What they haven't been doing in BC is enforcing any of this until recently.

Please feel free to add to this / correct it / whatever.

cheers

PB

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
In MB and same as SK, registration also includes the "trail pass" which adds about 125 to the plate. no choice in the 125 trail pass which does bug me as my sleds never see a trail in MB. BUT I SUCK IT UP, without biatchin

My 02 RMK 900 cost just over 600.00 to insure to the level where i feel im covered. I do get to state my value of sled as its a mod and i pay based on the value

ticket for no registration $200.00 if caught on the trail system.

No way around registration/trail pass unless you are a trapper. you can also choose to not plate and hope for the best.

dont know what the huge issue is about here as some have said, just freakin plate ur sleds/atv's and avoid the hassle/tickets or even worse, loss of your sled because you could NOT PROVE OWNERSHIP

Over

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to register it, that is the only way to report a stolen sled is through your registration. Easy for the police to check for it then. But i thought just putting on that big yellow decal they give when you register it should be enough info on it for police to check it out. That way you don't need the papers with you.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been told differently! BC requires you to comply with the regulations of your home province. For us hurtin' Albertans, this means reg. and ins to operate the sled.

cheers

PB

you are correct, you must comply with your home base prov.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

cheers

PB

This makes sense. Was stopped a couple of weeks ago riding the Highway 5 ditch at Valemount coming back from Westridge (pulled squad car in front of me at a crossroad) and he asked for my insurance and registration which I had from Alberta. Ran my plate to see if it was stolen and then told me if I was not registered and insured he could give me up to $800 in fines some of which were for riding in a public road ditch which apparently is illegal in Valemount although I was not aware of this. He said it has always been illegal and they are just starting to enforce it now. He said $129 of the approximately $800 in fines he could have given me were because I did not have my Alberta plate mounted on my sled. Was stored under the seat. Fortunately got off with a warning but took my name and said if he catches me again he will not be so benevolent. I am now a marked man, in Valemount anyways.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In MB and same as SK, registration also includes the "trail pass" which adds about 125 to the plate. no choice in the 125 trail pass which does bug me as my sleds never see a trail in MB. BUT I SUCK IT UP, without biatchin

I've got the same issue. The furthest I ride in Saskatchewan is from my shop, on to my deck. Nothing but the government picking the low hanging fruit again. Kind of like yanking trucks hauling sleds in for a check stop. I understand they have a job to do, but that doesn't do a damn thing to stop the real criminals that are taking off with everyone's rigs at night. /rant off

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting...quite a coincidence that they're doing this the same weekend as MM4. But they're NOT targetting sledders. Uh huh.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Targeting mm4......... That is pretty low of the boys in blue. Non of the sleds in our trailer(5 sleds) have plates mounted, but we are all insured and registered, and the plates are in the storage compartments............. Might get a few tickets? Maybe tiestrap the plates on for now??

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca