Chatter Creek Injury

reg28

Reaction score
Just saw on the news a sledder was airlifted from Chatter Creek to Calgary with injuries today. Does anybody know what happened? I hope he's ok!

reg28

Reaction score
The Calgary Herald said it was a 28 year old male I believe....

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, not me. I got back on Wed.
Thanks for the good wishes snopro.

They are pretty good at chatter with safety, if you stay with them, they give each group one of their 2 way radios worth $800 which work pretty much anywhere in their tenured land.
When I had a talk with Charlie, he said they haven't had any serious incidences for a long time with sledders, and knocked on wood.

Hope the guy is ok.

Last edited:

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys name is Aaron Bird, he broke his back. I just checked in with my friends that are there.

Sending him some positive thoughts.

PS. I hope its ok I posted his name.
Thanks for letting us know and I hope his healing is speedy.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was a good buddy of mine Aaron Mcbrearty or BIRD! he is a 28 year old guy from cranbrook area and is an amazing guy! I feel deep pain for the family as his girlfriend Holly just had a close family member pass now here boyfriend of many years is possibly paralyzed! Bird as of yesterday was out of surgery in calagary and waiting to hear more info. I will keep you posted on his progress all we can do is send him out some prayers that the doctors are wrong and that he will ride again!

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was a good buddy of mine Aaron Mcbrearty or BIRD! he is a 28 year old guy from cranbrook area and is an amazing guy! I feel deep pain for the family as his girlfriend Holly just had a close family member pass now here boyfriend of many years is possibly paralyzed! Bird as of yesterday was out of surgery in calagary and waiting to hear more info. I will keep you posted on his progress all we can do is send him out some prayers that the doctors are wrong and that he will ride again!

Damn dude here's to a speedy recovery for your friend and well being for his girlfriend & family, i feel his pain on a smaller scale. Hope all goes well with the surgury that he can get out and do what he loves to do once again. God bless!!!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah here is to the best me and bird do lots of fishing,hiking,quadding all that good stuff and he is a pipeliner and loves playing with the big boys toys so i hope that the doctors are wrong and that he makes a full recovery! Brutal day i was supposed to be with the boys on that adventure but could not make it.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah here is to the best me and bird do lots of fishing,hiking,quadding all that good stuff and he is a pipeliner and loves playing with the big boys toys so i hope that the doctors are wrong and that he makes a full recovery! Brutal day i was supposed to be with the boys on that adventure but could not make it.

Here's hope and prayers for a full recovery hope he mends up Jared.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My apologies. Guys name is Aaron Mcbreaty. 5hrs of surgery and still no feeling in his legs. Can't send enough positive energy his way right now.

Stay strong fellow sledder.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks to see a fellow sledhead injured.

Chatter has some spectacular scenery, and some deadly terrain, with the overcast weather they had, there were some dicey places to go when you can't see.

Hope he has a speedy recovery.

closeyetfar19

Reaction score
Horrible news. I've known bird since highschool. Awesome guy thoughts and prayers are with him, and everyone around him. If anyone has any info please send my way. Thoughts are with you buddy. Hoping for the best possible outcome.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I was just informed by some of the family that the doctors say he has a 10% chance of ever walking again I hope the doctors are wrong! sad sad day in there families today all you can do is pray and hope for the best.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of this, as no one wants to ever be in his place.
Hope that he beats the odds/

Jared, do you know what happened?

I don't mean to be disrespectful ,but I am curious.

Mark.

Top Bottom