Chassis Bracing?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this talk (and photos) of bent up XPs has me a bit concerned gents. I know everyone goes by the "don't hit anything and you'll be fine" mantra but riding in powder snow you never know right? I did a little peeking around and saw a couple products that might provide a little peace of mind; some racing braces that reinforce the upper and lower a-arm mounts. Here's the link: Has anybody tried something like this? Do they even work? I think the theory is sound but I don't want to waste money on a useless product. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as u now.
Before I bought the xp I should have done more research on them. Between the pain in the butt to work on with a major disasambley to get at anything...
Plus all these new ( light weight sleds ) the lightness has to come at some cost.
Guess some durability is what suffered

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this talk (and photos) of bent up XPs has me a bit concerned gents. I know everyone goes by the "don't hit anything and you'll be fine" mantra but riding in powder snow you never know right? I did a little peeking around and saw a couple products that might provide a little peace of mind; some racing braces that reinforce the upper and lower a-arm mounts. Here's the link: Has anybody tried something like this? Do they even work? I think the theory is sound but I don't want to waste money on a useless product. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have all the grip'n rip braces on my '12 XP. They don't weigh very much and shore up a lot of the week points in the S & E Modules. I was riding at Paradise Mine last weekend and tattooed some old mining debris 6" under the snow going at a good clip right on my ski. The impact sent me flipping over the bars and the sled cart wheeling behind me. Despite all that there's a small gouge out of the side of my ski and a couple marks on the bellypan. I bent the S module on my 08 hitting a rock in a similar fashion so I'm pretty confident these braces are what held it together for me.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have all the grip'n rip braces on my '12 XP. They don't weigh very much and shore up a lot of the week points in the S & E Modules. I was riding at Paradise Mine last weekend and tattooed some old mining debris 6" under the snow going at a good clip right on my ski. The impact sent me flipping over the bars and the sled cart wheeling behind me. Despite all that there's a small gouge out of the side of my ski and a couple marks on the bellypan. I bent the S module on my 08 hitting a rock in a similar fashion so I'm pretty confident these braces are what held it together for me.
Sounds like a solid endorsement, I may be ordering these very soon. Thanks!

Clay911

Reaction score
I have all the braces installled on my 12 Freeride. Them along with a full RPM carbon fibre skidplate and I got as much protection as you can buy. I wouldn't ride a sled without a RPM plate now. Braces were added incase the carbides grab something.

Attachments

• Yellowhead%20County-20111110-00221.jpg
    Yellowhead%20County-20111110-00221.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 246
  • Yellowhead%20County-20111110-00224.jpg
    Yellowhead%20County-20111110-00224.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 247

Caribouhunter

Reaction score
I Ride a CAT But personally know the ppl at GNR and the brace kits work they make the a arms the weakest link so it you hit what ever the a arm will snap before its causes damage to anything else there was good proof of this in last years Cains Quest where two different sleds hit the same rock the sled with the brace kit went on to finish the race in the top 5 the one with out was mangled and was not able to finish the race.

Burns

Reaction score
Anyone know where to pick them up in the Calgary area?

Clay911

Reaction score
Best place I found to get them is C&T powersports. Great price and supporting a Dootalk supporter. c-tpowersports.comRoyal sells them also(although more money)Be warned there is a bit to installing the upper kit. Drilling through bulkhead and of course removal of all a-arms.

doo-guy

Reaction score
Best place I found to get them is C&T powersports. Great price and supporting a Dootalk supporter. c-tpowersports.comRoyal sells them also(although more money)Be warned there is a bit to installing the upper kit. Drilling through bulkhead and of course removal of all a-arms.

I agree with Clay, you've got to be prepared to pull off some front end parts and exhaust can and pipe. I've done the last four sleds with these braces and also installed a secondary tower brace.

Sun Sport

Reaction score
I have them (all three braces) on my 08 along with a 2012 mxz x front nun.After hitting a tree last year and installing the new front end I installed these as well,was in revy a couple of weeks ago and hit a bunch of stuff only damage was my bumper,front pan and my pride.lol I sell them here in fort saskatchewan (Sun Sport sled & marine)If you are going to install these braces I would also suggest the oillite a-arm bushings to replace the plastic crap they come with,I also have them in stock. I agree that not hitting stuff is the key but for those that ride in the trees like me , IT HAPPENS.....:cool::beer:

Duct tape Doo

Reaction score
I have grip and rip braces, they definately make changing a arms afterwards more difficult.If anyone is thinking of putting the new S-36 a arm front end kit on they should do it before the braces go on.

Top Bottom