2020 Chassis Comparison

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goodmorning, Little slow here at work this morning so I came up with this comparison since there has been some talk about the new turbo chassis trenching ETC. i scaled all of these images to factory Published dimensions. The arctic cat alpha photo is not a perfect orthometric side shot like the other 3 machines so its not "as" accurate as the other 3 but take it for what its worth its pretty close.

i Set all of the sleds to the ski bolt on Gridline E

Let me know if you need any dimensions i can pretty much measure anything now in my CAD model.

what do you think polaris and skidoo are trying to accomplish with the steep attack angles?

why is the arctic cat steering so much further back on the chassis in comparison?

why is the Polaris skid moved substantially forward compared to the rest?

why cant you get your body as far forward on the cat and polaris as you can the skidoo?

we talk about why one chassis is better than the other, other than the attack angle they are all very similar within a couple inches.

Enjoy, Im going for lumch, there better be some controversy when i get back
2020 Chassis.jpg

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the Polaris look like it doesn't have the same # of lugs on the snow compared to Doo? rear wheel comparison

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely like the shallow attack angle of the AC! Similar to what was accomplished with drop and roll mods back in the 80's and 90's... the only reason I can think of as to why Doo doesn't make theirs more shallow is the cost efficiency of basically using a trail skid in their mountain sled with the savings of common parts? I'd love to see a more shallow attack angle and big wheels in the back (to help me reverse out of stupid $hit!).

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crazy to me to see how much taller the doo and polaris are from ski bolt to belly pan then the arctic cat i see why the elevate has gone over so well. would be curious Maxwell to know the true differences.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crazy to me to see how much taller the doo and polaris are from ski bolt to belly pan then the arctic cat i see why the elevate has gone over so well. would be curious Maxwell to know the true differences.

Look at the gap between the Cat skis and then the doo and Polaris.
The angle of view is from way higher on the Cat giving the appearance that the sled sits lower.
All 3 are actually quite close in height below belly pan.

Theo shallow attack angle has been used since the 80s for building climbers - not a new concept but one that works really well to get on top of snow and stay there, hard on chain cases.
The steeper attack angle of the doo and poo are better for cutting in and staying in a sidehill but not to hot for crossing old tracks.
My Cat is about 3" shorter than my brothers 19 doo when parked in the trailer side by side, oddly it looks longer in the reproduced cad drawing - that is the doo that is slower than the heavier Alpha.
Controversy part Max, lol.

Doo as the farthest forward foot stance, Cat has the bars back the most.
Pick what you like, none are bad.

Last edited:

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is why you go to bed and dream of chit that could make your sled just a little bit better and get up in the morning with a great idea.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So whts the angle of Doo track with limiter on short setting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure but since it’s only 1 hole I can’t imagine it changing much.

I hear by ski doo that it is 2 holes, so not sure which one it is,1 or 2 holes, I sucked mine up to the fourth hole in long position and the track angle is way better.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
"Enjoy, Im going for lumch, there better be some controversy when i get back"
lhf junior?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya unfortunately like mentioned the Cat image is not a true side shot like the others so that measurement wouldnt be accurate. But the polaris and skidoo do have more clearance for sure

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya unfortunately like mentioned the Cat image is not a true side shot like the others so that measurement wouldnt be accurate. But the polaris and skidoo do have more clearance for sure

This is the difference in real life...

Attachments

• A1D0B589-9842-402D-B5D3-B94901BF940D.jpeg
    A1D0B589-9842-402D-B5D3-B94901BF940D.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 928669A4-9E85-4ABD-A291-DFDF9F93E688.jpeg
    928669A4-9E85-4ABD-A291-DFDF9F93E688.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 331
Top Bottom