Chappell creek

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Use caution. When turning off the hiway into chapplle parking lot. They installed a passing lane in front the lot this summer and put in a drainage ditch in the middle of the lot. Turned in this weekend there when it was snowing hard and was very hard to see. It could use some markers. I can see someone trying to make a high speed exit off the hiway (kinda like Allen creek) into there and nailing it and getting hung up in there. Just a heads up.

There was about 5 inches in the lot at 11:30am when I drove past today. And was snowing hard.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might take a poke at chappel this weekend coming up, should be deep up top if the creeks arent to much of an issue getting in, lake cant be to froze though i would think

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might take a poke at chappel this weekend coming up, should be deep up top if the creeks arent to much of an issue getting in, lake cant be to froze though i would think

I would stay off the lake for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya definitely, other than last year have ridden chappel this time of year for the last 9 years

Agent417

Reaction score
Planning a trip at the end of nov. anyone been up to chappell or clemina yet?

I talked to some guys at best western last night. They broke trail into chappelle yesterday. (3hrs). They said there was a couple creek crossings that were a bit sketchy, snow was good up top (didnt say how deep), no base, when they came down there was about 4-5in on the truck and still snowing.

Agent417

Reaction score
trail that bad that it took 3 hours?

Thats just what they told me and they did break trail and Snow was deep. We tried to get in today but i think we missed a turn and ended up following i think what was a logging trail a ways up and it was 4-5ft deep. We got to a meadow and realized we weren't on the right trail, by this time it was 2:00 and turned around and went back to the trucks.

jakk

Reaction score
It did take us 3hrs probably could of cut the time a little bit but did some work to a few of the creeks on the way up, and had a great first ride to start the season..

Top Bottom