Change a 163 to a 154

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
Was thinking it would be a bit easier to handle....

I can't see that going to a 154 is going to make any difference in your handling. Here are some things that really make a XP handle like nothing else.

Steering post forward kit. Move the steering stem 3 in. ahead.
Rear sizzer suspension re-location kit. Moves the bottom mount back a couple of inches.
Front sway bar delete.
wider handle bars.

I personally can't stand the way a stock XP handles but with these minor mods it is like a different machine. Just a suggestion.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a 09 Summit with a 163' track and was thinking changing to a 154'. Anyone done this before? Do I need to buy a new a track, rails, suspension...

I got an 08 154 and willing to do a swap with parts etc. I'd keep my engine and such just cause its tweeked the way I like it but you could have the rest.

klswine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you could run the 154 track and rails under the 163 tunnel but how stupid would that look? not to mentionn the sled will be handing up on thee rear bumper every time you wheelie.

Correct me if im wrong Maxwell but didnt the 2011 HCR come with a 163 tunnel but a 153 track? Just asking.

Reaction score
I am in the north edmonton area and have the same sled except with a 154 and would be interested in tradeing if your still thinking about it. we'll just do a complete swap. no real big deal. I have access to a shop and tools just let me know thanks..

Reaction score
I also have a 09 summit XP but it has a 154 track that i would be interested in tradeing to the 163 We could just swap out the hole rear skid That way its cheap and easy for both of us I have access to a shop and tools so lets just "get er done" I am in the north edmonton area just outside the city Lets set up a time !! rick..

Top Bottom