Suspension Upgrades

4x4life

Reaction score
I am very new to sledding. I’ve got an 08 summit x 154” and found that both rails are bent sideways. Is there any upgrades to the skid that I should be looking into when I have to buy rails anyways?

Attachments

• 2A54341B-1070-4577-8994-77E4EB41136B.jpeg
    2A54341B-1070-4577-8994-77E4EB41136B.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 74

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price out iceage rails u will never bend them but if u buy stock rails look for a set of good rail braces but honestly a set of iceacpe will prob be cheaper then stock rails and vracing or very close munster makes braces

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am very new to sledding. I’ve got an 08 summit x 154” and found that both rails are bent sideways. Is there any upgrades to the skid that I should be looking into when I have to buy rails anyways?

Given that used sled prices are dropping significantly, I'd be weary of dumping a bunch of money fixing or upgrading such an old sled. That track is looking a little beat up too.
Those bends are minor enough that I'd try straightening them first. As far as 'upgrades' go, there's a good chance that the shocks are shot if they're original. Aftermarket is great, but $$$. If you're set on keeping and upgrading that machine, you may want to consider looking at a complete t-motion skid from an XM. A good deal on a complete used skid may be less then new rails alone.

4x4life

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. I looked at the ice age rails and that would be a great option. But as greenthumb stated, my shocks are shot. Would it be worth the extra money to get a t motion skid from an XM and then possibly get XM ice age rails? I’m not a hard rider by any means, but I am 285lb on a good day so that may not help things.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T motion wont really make a dif honestly, if u can find a decent shock that wont brewk the bank but ya if its a whole skid its alot to throw into a xp but u may be wble yo find sometbing at a wrecker that wont break the bank

4x4life

Reaction score
Thanks. I started a conversation with him. Hopefully I can get something figured out in it. 🍻

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will check my messages, I have several 163 tracks as well as 3 complete skids with shocks and t motion plus pretty much anything you need to make it great again! 🍺

Top Bottom