Chain saw

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a Husqavarna chain saw.
I see canadian tire sells them.Is there any difference between what they sell and what a husky dealer sells.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been told the crappy tire saws are inferior in quality. Never put them sxs to compare.
ccb94ebc8e67519604c1fa1cdabe5b00.jpg

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they are the same, but they usually carry the cheaper bottom tier saws hence why many believe they are inferior.

How big of one are you looking for? I like the 455 Rancher, makes fairly quick work of getting a load of firewood.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy bought a CT one it is junk

if there is a primer bulb on it stay away from it

go to dealer no primer bulbs there

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy it from a dealer for any after the sale service. Also check for any extended warranty. My new stihl got a extra year warranty if I bought a 6 pack of oil

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy bought a CT one it is junk

if there is a primer bulb on it stay away from it

go to dealer no primer bulbs there

That's a very poor rule of thumb, many good saws come with primer bulbs, really only the professional ones don't and if the OP was looking at a professional saw he wouldn't be shopping at CT.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought Canadiantires 80volt chainsaw, it cuts pretty dam fast, and seems to last a long time. But in hindsight nothing touches milwaukee tools as far as their impact guns and drills go. They take off nuts you need an 8 foot bar to brake loose.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my 435e from northern metallic in town here where they have a actual saw tech. Nice little 16" saw that I can up the blade to 20" if needed but 16 is plenty for me.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought Canadiantires 80volt chainsaw, it cuts pretty dam fast, and seems to last a long time. But in hindsight nothing touches milwaukee tools as far as their impact guns and drills go. They take off nuts you need an 8 foot bar to brake loose.

10 years ago you couldn’t give me another Milwaukee , I threw out my entire contractor kit. The batteries were total junk.
I now have a cordless jigsaw and a 3/8s impact only because of “right place right time” smoker deal.

I find it hard to believe ...unless you are talking a 1” or bigger impact gun that can take off a nut vs. 8 foot snipe???
If ur saying a 1/2” impact takes that off! Wow that’s one magical gun!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did the same thing and got rid of all our milwaukees about 15 years back they were all junk.... not now. I have used these guns first hand, yes even the 1/2 will take off logging truck nuts. They make 3/4 and 1 inch though. No more 1 inch drive air impacts needed. Just go out and get an milwaukee impact. The 3/4 milwaukee seemed to beat the 1 inch air impact but the 1 inch milwaukee wholly crap does that break nuts.

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Husky saw 4 yrs ago and back then the CT ones were made by Poulan, so I avoided. Went to a good place that sold both Stihl & Husky, I bought the Husky 435, been a good saw. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy either brand, whichever has the best sale.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at buying a Husqavarna chain saw.
I see canadian tire sells them.Is there any difference between what they sell and what a husky dealer sells.

Yes, I was told by a husky dealer that crappy tire is selling them cause the dealers didn’t want them.

Last edited:

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren’t husqvarnas rebadged poulans? Either way I’d be buying a saw from a dealer. Same thing with the “John Deere” lawnmowers at Home Depot.
I bought my JD riding mower from home Depot. Had a Martin sticker on it as they pdi it for them. Saved a ton of money over the dealer as Rona had it on sale too and HD beat their price by another 10%.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Find the metal tag on the saw that tells you where it was made
I learned the hard way that not all of them are made the same
F

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aren’t husqvarnas rebadged poulans? Either way I’d be buying a saw from a dealer. Same thing with the “John Deere” lawnmowers at Home Depot.
I was told by Timberland, if a Husky has a medal colour muffler is a consumer saw, if the muffler is black, its a pro saw. I have a xp440 I can’t kill it.

Top Bottom