Chain saw

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the 80volt greenworks chainsaw from canadiantire because it had the 18 inch bar, it cuts not bad would equal to about a 45-50cc saw in gas.

I'd be curious to try one if they work that good. But I have a hard time believing it would keep up to my 50cc 550xp, it's making 4hp at 10,200rpm, that would be one heck of a motor and battery to do that. I also have a dewalt 20volt saw with a 12" bar. It gets the job done and goes everywhere in the rzr, but I doubt it would even keep up to a 35cc saw.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i used to own a lot of gas saw, my grandkids have them now. If i really need to cut some big stuff i could borrow back the 2100xp or the 61. I doubt anything out there touches the 2100. I had two smaller gas saws as well i think they were in the mid 40 cc's, i could check that to make sure, but i do not really care too, I know the electric out cuts them. Of coarse your saw is an XP and we all should know what XP stands for.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a mid 2000's sthil MS260 believe its the smallest of the "professional" series, heated carb, fuel compensator system, awesome little saw, super light and has enough umff to run a 18" bar no problem, we do a tractor trailer load of logs every other year.
Don't wanna de rail this thread but how is everyone feeling about the carbide chains?
Last load we got was dirty with road grime and sand, did the whole load with a one carbide chain, didn't touch it other then tension, historically I would go through 2 classic chains for the load and the pain of sharpening and fileing every other tank or so.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the cost of a carbide chain though? I cut quite a few dirty logs but don’t mind doing a quick filing,I find on my big saw the chain will stretch all the way out before the teeth are gone.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the cost of a carbide chain though? I cut quite a few dirty logs but don’t mind doing a quick filing,I find on my big saw the chain will stretch all the way out before the teeth are gone.

Carbide was around $70, basically double or close too what a standard one is worth.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run one on my ms250. Think I will buy another for when it needs sharpened can drop off and have done $12
I’ve cut quite a bit with it 5L of gas and it still cuts quite nice. Maybe not as aggressive as other chain but when it’s still cutting wood and your filing so it will cut. I’m sold on it.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run one on my ms250. Think I will buy another for when it needs sharpened can drop off and have done $12
I’ve cut quite a bit with it 5L of gas and it still cuts quite nice. Maybe not as aggressive as other chain but when it’s still cutting wood and your filing so it will cut. I’m sold on it.

Yea non of our local guys have a diamond bit to sharpen the carbide chains....

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the 80volt greenworks chainsaw from canadiantire because it had the 18 inch bar, it cuts not bad would equal to about a 45-50cc saw in gas.

I am looking for an 80volt saw as the husky 61 is not always needed.
Will have to see one in operation and then cough up some coin.
They cost more than a gasser.
Boxing Day sale at CT??

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a mid 2000's sthil MS260 believe its the smallest of the "professional" series, heated carb, fuel compensator system, awesome little saw, super light and has enough umff to run a 18" bar no problem, we do a tractor trailer load of logs every other year.
Don't wanna de rail this thread but how is everyone feeling about the carbide chains?
Last load we got was dirty with road grime and sand, did the whole load with a one carbide chain, didn't touch it other then tension, historically I would go through 2 classic chains for the load and the pain of sharpening and fileing every other tank or so.
I used to just run Stihl chain. I found it held up better than the Oregon stuff.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking for an 80volt saw as the husky 61 is not always needed.
Will have to see one in operation and then cough up some coin.
They cost more than a gasser.
Boxing Day sale at CT??

My husky 61 cut pretty good, one thing when choosing a battery saw for say your sxs or when you just want a saw to run, what is the best battery out there. And i would have to say Milwaukee would be the best. Not sure about their chain saw though. Once you go down that road you tend to buy the same tools.. as you are vested in the batteries which cost as much or more than the tools. Nothing beats a Milwaukee impact gun.... lots to consider before buying. The greenworks saws are not light, and costco carries the batteries as well as the lawnmower i think.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup the Milwaukee drills and impacts are insane! The 3/4 inch impact can do over a hundred bolts before you switch batteries, I have no doubt you could chainsaw all day if it’s like that.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup the Milwaukee drills and impacts are insane! The 3/4 inch impact can do over a hundred bolts before you switch batteries, I have no doubt you could chainsaw all day if it’s like that.

Yah I like that Milwaukee saw. Having a hard time not buying it.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look at the EGO name brand, I got the snowblower and leaf blower. For battery powered I am amazed ! I’ve never seen a better one. I will be getting the matching lawnmower, weed eater & likely the chainsaw. They all take the same batteries as well.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 365 is the most common saw in forestry. They have been proven for many years. Downside thy come at a cost.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Husky 572xp. One dam good saw. 32inch bar.
great saw my father in law has one that I had to borrow when I blew up my 266XP. My all time favourite is a 288XP ported w/exhaust that thing cuts hard but a lot more weight to carry if you aren't in big wood and don't need it.

Top Bottom