CBC Interviews Mike Weigele

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That foreign f##k is so full of outright lies it's unreal.

I wanna get hammered and have a bonfire with his lodges. There thats better. Wonder if the heli skiers would welcome an agressive encounter with sledders this chit keeps up and its gonna happen. Take pics of any heli buzzing sleds and postem up start giving Mike some of his own medicine BAD PUBLICITY.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shirley Bond, MLA for Prince George-Valemount, British Columbia

If the towns depend on sledding that much during the winter as an economic driver - here is the place to start. Mike = 1 vote. If the towns hate him that much - best place top start is the political arena.

Rule of thumb: 1 email letter sent to an MLA = 100 voters in the background. If the business owners and townspeople get a concerted effort to the MLA's in the area - a lot can get done.

Politicians are vote whores. The reasons the greenies and the squeaky wheels get so much attention is that they always say they "represent" so many votes. They are masters at manipulating the data.

If we snowmobilers took a little more proactive approach with the politicians using the same approaches the greenies do, we would have more success. Although we may say that a politician has a "personal" agenda on an issue, they will keep it only to the extent that it doesn't cost them votes.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a list of the businesses to Boycott???

Exactly. If that is the case - why the hell would you spend money there then. I suspect a season's boycott of some Weigele associated businesses would turn around that attitude around in a hurry.

I just listened to his "interview" again. "I am the only economy in the valley".

Last edited:

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spoke with a representative from CBC Radio and he confirmed that the Erin Hart interview with Rebecca Zandbergen happened on Friday, as RS stated earlier. He said that the interview has been buried in their archive, which explains why myself and others have been unable to find it. He is digging it up and sending it to me and if it's not here already I'll post it.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shirley Bond, MLA for Prince George-Valemount, British Columbia

If the towns depend on sledding that much during the winter as an economic driver - here is the place to start. Mike = 1 vote. If the towns hate him that much - best place top start is the political arena.

Rule of thumb: 1 email letter sent to an MLA = 100 voters in the background. If the business owners and townspeople get a concerted effort to the MLA's in the area - a lot can get done.

Politicians are vote whores. The reasons the greenies and the squeaky wheels get so much attention is that they always say they "represent" so many votes. They are masters at manipulating the data.

If we snowmobilers took a little more proactive approach with the politicians using the same approaches the greenies do, we would have more success. Although we may say that a politician has a "personal" agenda on an issue, they will keep it only to the extent that it doesn't cost them votes.

Took me a couple of minutes. So in 2010 Weigele hired Claude Richmond - the former MLA for the area - to lobby on his behalf in respect of tenure and safety concerns.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is such a self centred self seeking tyrant. Bill Karas, our ABCSnow Secretary treasurer worked with Erin Hart on this interview. Bill Lives in Blue, Owns a Hotel and spends countless hours volunteering for his Blue River Powder Packers Snowmobile club.
this man has a self contained business contributing zero to the community.. He makes it sound like he is the mecca for winter tourism... saving the world. In reality, he takes away from the community, by trying to stop any other winter recreation.. INCLUDING other Skiers coming into the area!
We're on him... Bill is fantastic,.. and relentless with his pressure, and outing of the truth. The truth always comes out.. feel free Mr W... get in the media face as we, our HUGE community of Snowmobilers will be sure to let the truth be told.... it's not over with a radio interview... Muh ha ha haaa............
The snowmobile winter tourism influx for communities such as Blue River and Valemount keeps them thriving. We contribute so much to the economy of BC. We are responsible, and generous, depending upon volunteers to keep it rolling. Mess with one of us.. you mess with us ALL.

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is such a self centred self seeking tyrant. Bill Karas, our ABCSnow Secretary treasurer worked with Erin Hart on this interview. Bill Lives in Blue, Owns a Hotel and spends countless hours volunteering for his Blue River Powder Packers Snowmobile club.
this man has a self contained business contributing zero to the community.. He makes it sound like he is the mecca for winter tourism... saving the world. In reality, he takes away from the community, by trying to stop any other winter recreation.. INCLUDING other Skiers coming into the area!
We're on him... Bill is fantastic,.. and relentless with his pressure, and outing of the truth. The truth always comes out.. feel free Mr W... get in the media face as we, our HUGE community of Snowmobilers will be sure to let the truth be told.... it's not over with a radio interview... Muh ha ha haaa............
The snowmobile winter tourism influx for communities such as Blue River and Valemount keeps them thriving. We contribute so much to the economy of BC. We are responsible, and generous, depending upon volunteers to keep it rolling. Mess with one of us.. you mess with us ALL.
Keep all the haters on there heels MOMMA.........

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a list of the businesses to Boycott???

Murm.. lets take the productive powerful prosperous high road.. Lets make a List of sled friendly businesses in Blue and Valemount... give props to the hard working community that welcomes us with open arms. The people of blue and Valemount are fantastic people. Hard working, and appreciative for the snowmobiles that spend time in their area. ... Hmm

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only valid arguement that I can see is that his choppers have to go out and rescue every retard who gets themselves in a pickle within his total fly zone ...

it is a fact that they sometimes have to leave thier clients on the snow to perform rescues, thus ending the day for these clients who paid a fortune. but I'm thinking this is the extreme case, not the norm, and only for big avy's or other similar disasters ...

we all know there are more and more sledders every year, and clearly some are full on retards. remember lildukes story about the 2 guys he tryed to help but they thought sar was coming to get them that nite merely coz their sleds were stuck. the ever increasing skiers and snowboarders in the backcountry seem to add to the retard numbers too.

does wiggly get re-embursed for fuel and other expences incurred performing such rescues and searches ???

how many searches/rescues does his op get involved with each year ???

as I said, added costs and p!ssed off customers is the only valid arguement,
but I do believe he wants the terrain all to himself.

I've seen similar before on lakes and other rec areas with ever increasing numbers of people ...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but no one flys helicopters for free to rescue someone. The government covers any heli rescue tab. You think because you own a helicopter that requires you to spend tens of thousands flying it around for free? Nope

Hoping someone can confirm this but I don't believe weigle does any recoveries in blue? Does it not go to yellow head in Valemount? Not 100% sure how all of that works.

Only had one run in with a weigle chopper. He was shut down on a logging road waiting for the skiers to come down and as I drove by the pilot waved like we were best buds. Found that strange lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only had one run in with a weigle chopper. He was shut down on a logging road waiting for the skiers to come down and as I drove by the pilot waved like we were best buds. Found that strange lol

we got buzzed by one of his choppers in chappel 4 or 5 years ago maybe? he had a little landing area marked off just beside the lake, they were picking them up and dropping them off at the top of the slope to the north of the lake right where there is some cool little runs up thru the trees. we didn't know they were even there until bigdawg went up into a tight little opening and almost ran over a couple of them skiing down. (they group together when frightened....FYI)

they got to the bottom, and then the chopper showed up a few minutes later. we were sitting on the open spot just to the east of the lake, the chopper was parked there for about ten minutes before they fired it up, when they took off they went up, then straight at us. if I had to guess, they were maybe a hundred feet tops over our heads....directly over. I did take a pic, he was close enough you could see the pilot's face before we got dusted. I kinda thought it was cool....but thinking back they were probably pissed off and trying to scare us? I've been looking for the pic for the last half hour and can't find it....but I know I got it.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

sure be easier if we were all one happy family.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not think the pictures of getting buzzed will help any. Happens 10 times in every sled video I watch.......

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but no one flys helicopters for free to rescue someone. The government covers any heli rescue tab. You think because you own a helicopter that requires you to spend tens of thousands flying it around for free? Nope

Hoping someone can confirm this but I don't believe weigle does any recoveries in blue? Does it not go to yellow head in Valemount? Not 100% sure how all of that works.

I believe any rescues are handled by the Yellowhead bases in either Valemount or Clearwater. I can ask the pilot next time I see him.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Murm.. lets take the productive powerful prosperous high road.. Lets make a List of sled friendly businesses in Blue and Valemount... give props to the hard working community that welcomes us with open arms. The people of blue and Valemount are fantastic people. Hard working, and appreciative for the snowmobiles that spend time in their area. ... Hmm

Well put Momma...

Top Bottom