Check this out. 3612 on it side!

Attachments

• 3612 carnage 001.JPG
    3612 carnage 001.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 58

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go on you tube and check out 3612 dropped they are unloading it from a ship when it starts to spin breaks cables and crashes on deck i can't speak spanish but i think they said oh fawk.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive seen this pic before......bad casting

yeah could be....we never really got an answer from Cat. Unit only had about 12,000 hours on it. About $120,000 for a new crank.....plus all other parts....plus labor for R&R. about a quarter million dollar oops!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i got a book at home i'll look tonight. im 99% sure that crank failure is in there

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whos package was that. Enerflex? My buddy spent some time in wyoming putting in a bunch of units.

Was installed by Hanover before they merged with Universal. Not a leased unit though...owned by our company. Here is a pic of the other end.

Attachments

• Rod Journal Side.jpg
    Rod Journal Side.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 76

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
with toromont or enerflex?

Was Tormont then Enerflex and now back to Tormont which i guess is still called Enerflex if you can follow that. He is Instrumentation on start up crew. I do instrumentation in southern Alberta. I Was with Syntech for 10 years but now at Pronghorn. Theres alot of compression around Brooks. Keeps us pretty busy.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
she's an atem 3 with a 3 stage ariel. we have 3 of them on our site here. they have awesome runtimes. did the first rebuild on the first one last year at 42,500 hours on it. we just did the heads and turboes on this one at 39000had a coolant leak internally. still waiting to see what else there gonna find. these babies have a ch!t ton of power!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was Tormont then Enerflex and now back to Tormont which i guess is still called Enerflex if you can follow that. He is Instrumentation on start up crew. I do instrumentation in southern Alberta. I Was with Syntech for 10 years but now at Pronghorn. Theres alot of compression around Brooks. Keeps us pretty busy.

pretty easy to follow i worked for toromont told my boss to eat chit in a round about way quit went to pamco and then toromont buys enerflex now i am back working for the same guy.....lesson learned don't go out with a bang!!!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
she's an atem 3 with a 3 stage ariel. we have 3 of them on our site here. they have awesome runtimes. did the first rebuild on the first one last year at 42,500 hours on it. we just did the heads and turboes on this one at 39000had a coolant leak internally. still waiting to see what else there gonna find. these babies have a ch!t ton of power!

so you are pretty good at cutting prechambers?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys had much proplems spinning bearings with the 3600's?
We have lost about 10 cranks in the six years I have been here. About half rods and half mains. Cat seems to be puzzled and said that a crank failure is VERY rare on these. Well we even managed to break one in half...and if you seen the size of these cranks, you know to break one is pretty crazy!

How is the web deflection? Is the skid mounted properly on its piles? I ran in to this problem on a 9390 wauk . Changed mains every six months.

As far as engines go I prefer working on the whites and wauks, over a cat any day.

Top Bottom