Caterpillar/BRP Tundra Turbo

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On deisel it is but this is natural gas. The 3608 is good forr 1800 on gas. The 36 series are a sweet breed of engines hey.

I would have to disagree! Have been maintaining 32 of these things for the last 6 years. HATE them! Recently got moved to one of our Solar turbine powered plants....its like being in heaven after working on 3600 recips. Centrifugal is the wave of the future my friends!

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Where does white fit in then....sorry i had to bring it in here...
eeek :eek:

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
are the 44s still having lots of issues with the harnesses and the fuel valve?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
there was a permissive issue with the main murphy. used to have to force it open to start engine then it would overide. been about 4 years since ive seen a wauk so my info is really outdated

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah for the most part the controls have been an issue but they are improving not so much on r&d though had a really big cam problem that i made lots of money on.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys had much proplems spinning bearings with the 3600's?
We have lost about 10 cranks in the six years I have been here. About half rods and half mains. Cat seems to be puzzled and said that a crank failure is VERY rare on these. Well we even managed to break one in half...and if you seen the size of these cranks, you know to break one is pretty crazy!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys had much proplems spinning bearings with the 3600's?
We have lost about 10 cranks in the six years I have been here. About half rods and half mains. Cat seems to be puzzled and said that a crank failure is VERY rare on these. Well we even managed to break one in half...and if you seen the size of these cranks, you know to break one is pretty crazy!

changing rod bearings every 9000 hrs?

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, per Cat recomendation, we are doing top ends at 20,000 and bottom ends at 30,000. 9000 hours would be about once a year!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told their was a problem with the babbit seperating from the steel and as a precaution to change them every 9000hrs just what a finning tech told me i am a wauk mechanic so this means nothing to me.

Top Bottom