Cataract 2011/12

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that post neddacsac.....I'm new to deep powder sledding, and this looks like the place to start.......Is it a bugger to get to?

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its easy to get back there if you know the way. The trail over the pass can be tricky to find if you dont know where its at.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we made it all the way to fording today but could not find the trail down the other side by the sign. The snow is not good up there. Head south. I will post a pic later. Better yet go to golden.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya...no snow....1st pic is looking into fording pass....not enought to drop down, we looked for the trail but could not see any tracks.i

Headed down and went way back into fallers, as far back as we could go. As you went further back it got better and yes it was snowing good back there.

Last edited:

Grunger

Reaction score
Buddy and I thinking of heading out Saturday. Maybe try Fording but if the snow is no good will probably turn back and head south. If the snow is poor over the pass look for us at the small cabin.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya...no snow....1st pic is looking into fording pass....not enought to drop down, we looked for the trail but could not see any tracks.i

Headed down and went way back into fallers, as far back as we could go. As you went further back it got better and yes it was snowing good back there.

as it has been said MANY times before - if you don't know the way over, it is NOT recommended to go over. the trail to down the other side can be very difficult to find, and even worse if the wind picks up while you are going over or coming back. the tracks are pretty much always blown over. tracks from the morning are usually blown over by the time you come back, so don't count on following them back out.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a note to all about trying to get over the divide. if you know the route it is not that hard to get too, but, very experienced riders with great knowledge of the area have had to spend the night on the other side of the divide becauce of mechanical issues, time of day and conditions.

don't try to be a hero.

Trail Guy

Reaction score
Was out at Cataract today, had some sled trouble. Thanks to all that responded to help, thought I'd edit this request as all is good. Thanks to the group...really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Grunger

Reaction score
Trails are pretty beat out. Rough bumpy. Typical Cataract riding. Still a great day out of the city having fun. Definately more fun than sitting on the couch.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trails are getting beat up.

A quick note to those who cross over the pass into BC. Take the time to figure out what areas are out of bounds. We saw a group highmark one hill just after the shale and then the back side of that mountain when they were in the bc side. Both are out of bounds.

If you ayholes keep doing that, we are going to lose our riding areas.

Hirmkin

Reaction score
Just to let everybody know they opened the gate at Etherington yesterday.
Also what’s up with some the losers drinking in the parking lot a 9;30 in the morning.
Really!!! do you need some liquid courage before you go out for a ride?
LOSERS,LOSERS,LOSERS

Top Bottom