Catalyst Cat Chassis

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummmm … dear lord do your math. Unfortunately in 1987 the 3.8l left that blew the world away … that was the grand national not sure if u know what that is. So laugh at what u think. Cuz many like u have no clue on ingenuity.

Yep, I know exactly what a grand national is. The words ingenuity, reliability and arctic cat do not go hand in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would almost impossible to clutch a 200hp 600cc sled so it's both rideable in the trees and alpine.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummmm … dear lord do your math. Unfortunately in 1987 the 3.8l left that blew the world away … that was the grand national not sure if u know what that is. So laugh at what u think. Cuz many like u have no clue on ingenuity.
You're thinking the GNX. Although the Grand National was no slouch either

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not at all, last time I checked no one wants a 600.
But cat seems to think so. It is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Muricans do .. by a landslide and many Canuck’s.
400 lbs boost buggy gonna be a heck of a ride.
I guess watch today and see…

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Muricans do .. by a landslide and many Canuck’s.
400 lbs boost buggy gonna be a heck of a ride.
I guess watch today and see…
I had a boosted 600 etec in 15. Thought it would be fun. Peak power was fun when it lit up, but the bottom end and midrange torque were very lacking compared to the 800. Clutching was more of a compromise than the 800 was. Wicked fast response compared to a 800 though

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a boosted 600 etec in 15. Thought it would be fun. Peak power was fun when it lit up, but the bottom end and midrange torque were very lacking compared to the 800. Clutching was more of a compromise than the 800 was. Wicked fast response compared to a 800 though
Ya it’s for some… I’m just saying the weight & power combo could be fun. With the heavier crank, bypass coupled with reed box I think it will surprise people lots of improvements & technology since 15. As for warranty many do things cuz they can financially or just soley the passion for AC and the sport. I understand it’s not for everyone.
For myself I’m excited to throw a leg over one. I’m not biased of any brand - well still Yamaha brainwashed but that’s been from the age of 5.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...many do things cuz they can financially or just soley the passion for AC and the sport. I understand it’s not for everyone.
... well still Yamaha brainwashed but that’s been from the age of 5.

And that's the reality. This will only appeal to one very small crowd: Diehard AC guys that are so excited for something new that they cannot wait one more season for the larger engine (and possibly turbo) to come out.

But who am I to judge. I owned a turbo phazer and still think it was decent sled for that time.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a very good showing for the Ibexx Intensity 600 unfortunately… Ugg

Attachments

• IMG_2960.MOV
    8.1 MB

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FB317382-5055-44EF-A4F6-F68432D26F1B.jpeg

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was loading up with fuel every time he let off the throttle. Then it would take a few seconds to clear up after he grabbed a handful of throttle again.
I am thinking it would be very difficult for the sled pilot to ride it, and even worse in the Jackson Hole hill climb event situation.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not brand biased, but I hope cat comes out with something soon, competitive to the rest of the sled market.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some good info. Appears they have put a lot of thought into the new design.
Wonder how much that front bulkhead costs to replace? Being one piece, you have to change the whole thing if one area of it is damaged. Quite surprising they went with steel when weight was the priority. At least it's probably more repairable.
One thing is for sure; they need to do something about that wiring! It doesn't appear that fuse/junction box mess is even weathertight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom