Catalyst Cat Chassis

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they could've offered the 800 in that chassis i would've had a pre order..
There is another video of a 'factory sponsored' rider giving his review. At the end he says that next year will have a larger displacement engine.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
There is another video of a 'factory sponsored' rider giving his review. At the end he says that next year will have a larger displacement engine.
Doesn't help me with my dying 19' alpha haha. $19,000 for a 600, then another 6k for twin rail skid, track and drivers. Add another 5k for a turbo kit from ibexx or whatever price theyre going to sell them for. And i'm OVER what a factory boost or turbo doo is and i dont have warranty.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't help me with my dying 19' alpha haha. $19,000 for a 600, then another 6k for twin rail skid, track and drivers. Add another 5k for a turbo kit from ibexx or whatever price theyre going to sell them for. And i'm OVER what a factory boost or turbo doo is and i dont have warranty.

Time to try DOOlaid. It’s delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I googled the stroke and bore and had high hopes I could put a 900 bigbore in that chassis. Has some cool stuff going on chassis wise. But apparently the only thing that’s the same is the bottom case. Plus I would like a twin rail option. Kinda hoping the sidewinder
Ends up in it.
I’m due for a new sled aswell. Friends factory turbos work well. But they’re expensive to own not on warranty, and I get attached. Actually been enjoying being the under dog. Have to work for a change and the rest of the group still wants to go.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is going to be a great chassis, IMO may even be the best in the industry. There will be an 800 and up for this coming guaranteed.
I'm not completely convinced on the belt drive with an eccentric tensioning system but time will tell.
The tubular chassis is the best way to reduce weight and retain rigidity and strength. From what I heard the tubes are Chromoly, very strong and light.
Only time will tell, so far anything else out there has not impressed with all the issues for a stocker. LOL
Custom turbo's have been more reliable FFS, thats been my experience.
I like the way Cat is taking their time to do it right, instead of rushing it out the door. Maybe thats why they have a reputation for reliability. Works for me, I don't replace a sled every year or two LOL.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Time to try DOOlaid. It’s delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My buddy's chaincase blew up going off the lip of a booter and landed on the hood and then bounced off the tail of the tunnel. With no damage other then the chaincase. I was definitely impressed. But not impressed with a $2,000 set up fee, and then being the same price as a polaris boost with 7s gauge and not even having their "big gauge". Was also impressed with no bog, unlike the 23' polaris bogs i mean boost.
Ya I googled the stroke and bore and had high hopes I could put a 900 bigbore in that chassis. Has some cool stuff going on chassis wise. But apparently the only thing that’s the same is the bottom case. Plus I would like a twin rail option. Kinda hoping the sidewinder
Ends up in it.
I’m due for a new sled aswell. Friends factory turbos work well. But they’re expensive to own not on warranty, and I get attached. Actually been enjoying being the under dog. Have to work for a change and the rest of the group still wants to go.
Brent Linderman could whip up a big bore, but then again you're off warranty once that happens. I agree twin rail would've made my preorder even. Not having to spend the money to get that under the sled would've saved enough money/work/warranty to justify putting the turbo on. I like being the only N/A sled, and 50cc short of everyone. I can see any pull and be like, "yeah... you know if i had a turbo i'd do it but you see how my account is set up"
This is going to be a great chassis, IMO may even be the best in the industry. There will be an 800 and up for this coming guaranteed.
I'm not completely convinced on the belt drive with an eccentric tensioning system but time will tell.
The tubular chassis is the best way to reduce weight and retain rigidity and strength. From what I heard the tubes are Chromoly, very strong and light.
Only time will tell, so far anything else out there has not impressed with all the issues for a stocker. LOL
Custom turbo's have been more reliable FFS, thats been my experience.
I like the way Cat is taking their time to do it right, instead of rushing it out the door. Maybe thats why they have a reputation for reliability. Works for me, I don't replace a sled every year or two LOL.
Hearing a lot of the "best chassis" or "best suspension" from PAID/SPONSORED riders. I've been on cat my entire time on snowmobiles and i'm the first to criticize the monorail suspension. Mine has literally been the bane of my existence. Every piece on my rear suspension has had some sort of failure. Not to mention the track damage. Since i put my new track on, I've only went 60km/h down the trail. That's the only way i was able to stop delamination. I have a 4 wheel kit on it, and i still have a handful of broken fibreglass rods in the track. It simply isn't built for riding whooped out trails. It is in theory a good design for sure. but in reality it is a turd.

What would've impressed me from this new chassis would've been to offer a new twin rail with more suspension travel with bigger shocks, big rear wheels, higher running boards, keeping the two piece tunnel design make the replaceable end of the tunnel AFTER the rear tunnel gussets so there's not a ton of weight bearing on it.

I wonder how long it will take for a company to offer an ultimate light weight bulkhead made from titanium. That would weight merely a couple pounds.

A factory roots style supercharger that bolts directly onto the crank case to keep that center mass proper. and with the throttle bodies on the pre charger side with oil injection before the supercharger to lubricate it. Buy can talk out his butt all he wants but in my opinion arctic cat LOST market share with this chassis in the west.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
68860324-44A4-464F-9B67-CB43446B6549.png
68860324-44A4-464F-9B67-CB43446B6549.png

Apparently this is the difference between a ctec 600 base gasket and 800. And from what I understand the bottom case half is same. Would a ctec out of an current 800 bolt into
That chassis with no mods physically?

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently this is the difference between a ctec 600 base gasket and 800. And from what I understand the bottom case half is same. Would a ctec out of an current 800 bolt into
That chassis with no mods physically?

wasn't there one of those at Jackson? in the 600 MOD class?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. Didn’t have time to watch it this year.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hands down going to be the Best Chassis on the snow.............Skidoo & Mud will never be the same..............

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haydays rumours have started...860 and sled lighter than the 600.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haydays rumours have started...860 and sled lighter than the 600.
What are they gonna do with all the 600’s that guys ordered to turbo. What a mess Cat. That being said I can’t wait to see what they have coming.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are they gonna do with all the 600’s that guys ordered to turbo. What a mess Cat. That being said I can’t wait to see what they have coming.
They knew what they were getting into. They new a bigger motor was coming. Some guys just need to be first.

Will be interesting to see what the "big reveal" really is. Maybe a guy can pick up a turboed 600 Catalyst cheap!

Top Bottom