car audio....

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guesss you are going to have to pay to get it installed........not trying to be a dick, but if you Goggle how to install a car amp......there is pictures and reading......you wont figure it out over night........ but read pages after pages and learn what people tell you......I never new nothing when I started.....and I never had the internet 25 years ago when I got into it.......I just did alot of reading...... sorry man going to bed......got to drive for the next 24 hours at 6 in the morning! have fun!

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guesss you are going to have to pay to get it installed........not trying to be a dick, but if you Goggle how to install a car amp......there is pictures and reading......you wont figure it out over night........ but read pages after pages and learn what people tell you......I never new nothing when I started.....and I never had the internet 25 years ago when I got into it.......I just did alot of reading...... sorry man going to bed......got to drive for the next 24 hours at 6 in the morning! have fun!

i see anything like this bridge and coil crap and get lost.....its super frustrating for me.......

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey, it is very simple. To wire in your amp, you need a ground, power, and a power wire. The power wire is the signal for your amp to turn on so it's not always on. Ground must to be very big metal piece, and bare metal. Power must be directly off your battery.

To hook up speakers, there is a positive and a negative. Most wiring is already labeled, as is the amp and speakers so they aren't mixed up.

Now the sub, you need to find the proper channel to connect to on your amp. Most have a desiginated channel to use. You can connect to two channels, if needed. As said, positive to one channel, negative to another, and then your using two channels.

That's about all there is to it. You need to compare specs on your speakers, sub, and amp to make sure they are all compatible, but if you post it all up it's very easy to tell.

This isn't something you need to take to a professional if you have patience to make sure you get it right. Most, me included was self-learning from trial and error and reading.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Newbie, 4 channel amp questions

quite a bit of good info here, on your amp, in pretty basic english....hope it helps

great page to start reading......I just read it and lots of great info there.....if you want to learn .....this is a start......if you dont want to learn......then you just have to pay........its one or the other......no one expects you to wire it up in 10 mins......but read and learn......if you want to learn how to do this.........just like sex.......get a good book! LOL sorry had to say it....LOL

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey, it is very simple. To wire in your amp, you need a ground, power, and a power wire. The power wire is the signal for your amp to turn on so it's not always on. Ground must to be very big metal piece, and bare metal. Power must be directly off your battery.

To hook up speakers, there is a positive and a negative. Most wiring is already labeled, as is the amp and speakers so they aren't mixed up.

Now the sub, you need to find the proper channel to connect to on your amp. Most have a desiginated channel to use. You can connect to two channels, if needed. As said, positive to one channel, negative to another, and then your using two channels.

That's about all there is to it. You need to compare specs on your speakers, sub, and amp to make sure they are all compatible, but if you post it all up it's very easy to tell.

This isn't something you need to take to a professional if you have patience to make sure you get it right. Most, me included was self-learning from trial and error and reading.

starting to make sense.......working on pics

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k heres some OK pics......appreciate the info

Attachments

• amp 006.jpg
    amp 006.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 76
  • amp 012.jpg
    amp 012.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 69

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hah that reminds me, also need a set of RCA's from amp to deck. But simple plug and play.

And, most people say that they must be on opposite side of vehicle as your power from your battery, but i've never done it and never had a issue. Some people claim you get noises from it in your speakers.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

joey.....PLEASE DONT FORGET A FUSE WITH IN 6 INCHES OF THE BATTERY ON THE POS WIRE!!!!!!! I just hauled a jeep that caught on fire last week because the guy did not fuse it.......if the amp has 2 20 amp fuses put a 50 Amp fuse as close to the battery........these are a special fuse from stereo shops.......not just a lordco 20 amp fuse.......or you could have your truck burn down really quick.......big wire carries big power.......you want something like a 4 G wire about 1/4 inch copper to carry the power.......I used to use wire that was 3/4 inch copper but this is another mid boggling topic so I will shut up........just remember fuses lol

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
joey.....PLEASE DONT FORGET A FUSE WITH IN 6 INCHES OF THE BATTERY ON THE POS WIRE!!!!!!! I just hauled a jeep that caught on fire last week because the guy did not fuse it.......if the amp has 2 20 amp fuses put a 50 Amp fuse as close to the battery........these are a special fuse from stereo shops.......not just a lordco 20 amp fuse.......or you could have your truck burn down really quick.......big wire carries big power.......you want something like a 4 G wire about 1/4 inch copper to carry the power.......I used to use wire that was 3/4 inch copper but this is another mid boggling topic so I will shut up........just remember fuses lol

I've never bought wire that didn't include that? Maybe it's just me? Big thing to remember, but if you buy wire ANYWHERE it will come with it.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

great info there thanks! i wouldn't have known to do that lol

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hah that reminds me, also need a set of RCA's from amp to deck. But simple plug and play.

And, most people say that they must be on opposite side of vehicle as your power from your battery, but i've never done it and never had a issue. Some people claim you get noises from it in your speakers.

if you use cheap RCA yes.....and if you have to cross a power wire do it at 90 deg and use 2 zip straps......when you start using multi amps it gets worse......not going to confuse you joey.......but if you get engine noise through your speakers........you eather have a ground loop or your cheap RCA wires are to close to your power.....or if you expensive RCA are not shielded properly.......just read as much info on the net as you can to make your brain over load..........it doesnt happen overnight! oh man my head hurts now! LOL

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you use cheap RCA yes.....and if you have to cross a power wire do it at 90 deg and use 2 zip straps......when you start using multi amps it gets worse......not going to confuse you joey.......but if you get engine noise through your speakers........you eather have a ground loop or your cheap RCA wires are to close to your power.....or if you expensive RCA are not shielded properly.......just read as much info on the net as you can to make your brain over load..........it doesnt happen overnight! oh man my head hurts now! LOL

herd engine noise in my brothers tempo sometimes lol always wondered how it happened!:D and i'm hoping to try and do this tomorrow:eek: with some helps from my dad.....BUT i need to know which channel i plug my sub into! any channel?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never bought wire that didn't include that? Maybe it's just me? Big thing to remember, but if you buy wire ANYWHERE it will come with it.

power wire comes by the foot.......ground wire comes by the foot......fuses come in packages......fuse holders come in packages......ground blocks come in packages.......I guess if you buy an installl kit from Princes Auto it comes with everything but they are total crap...........I have never seen a good wire that come with a fuse on the end?????? wire is another topic......

Top Bottom