car audio....

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
power wire comes by the foot.......ground wire comes by the foot......fuses come in packages......fuse holders come in packages......ground blocks come in packages.......I guess if you buy an installl kit from Princes Auto it comes with everything but they are total crap...........I have never seen a good wire that come with a fuse on the end?????? wire is another topic......

I have always bought an entire kit with ground, power, fuse kit, ends, everything from the place I get my amp. But granted it's only been twice. Was online, but they didn't even sell it by the foot. Just different packages with different gauge and length.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
power wire comes by the foot.......ground wire comes by the foot......fuses come in packages......fuse holders come in packages......ground blocks come in packages.......I guess if you buy an installl kit from Princes Auto it comes with everything but they are total crap...........I have never seen a good wire that come with a fuse on the end?????? wire is another topic......

my dad has wire for me.......its good stuff he used it for his ram and it sounds sweet , he runs 4 6x9s , 2 tweeters and a sub off his 150 watt pioneer....

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dad has wire for me.......its good stuff he used it for his ram and it sounds sweet , he runs 4 6x9s , 2 tweeters and a sub off his 150 watt pioneer....

Need to make sure it's the proper gauge for your amp. But if he ran that much, it should be. However it should be checked.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your dad wired his ride why not get him to help you do yours? its pretty had to explain how to do it right and safely over the net. imo anyways. ok1313131 did a good job of it though, but difficult to learn just by being told way easier i think to show somebody and explain why your doing things the way you are when your doing them.

did tones of steareo in my your age days wife says now i am to old. wtf thats my decision isnt it. lol but my buddies and i did his caravan in high scghol, ya i said caravan, lol holds loudest street vehicle in edmonton record at 146.7db if i remember right. he now owns 2 stereo shops in the area. go figure.

but as plio and others have said with the lower end stuff it is hard to get good results, save your pennies and get some super discounted good stuff, should be lots in your area, check pawn shops etc. then you'll get a good set up cheap.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
To add an idea to magnets post...keep the amp you have for your fronts and get a good mono block amp for your sub.....to power what you have for fronts the 4 channel you have will do fine. Then look for a good deal on a rockford to push the sub....I say rockford because they usually have good deals on old models and is best bang for buck in generic amps

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To add an idea to magnets post...keep the amp you have for your fronts and get a good mono block amp for your sub.....to power what you have for fronts the 4 channel you have will do fine. Then look for a good deal on a rockford to push the sub....I say rockford because they usually have good deals on old models and is best bang for buck in generic amps

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

yah no kidding i had a rockford m1.1 or 100 or something like that in my jetta pushed 1100 watts at 4ohms continous. :d:d:d running 4 10" dual voice coil 4ohm subs in a bandbass. it was so freekin loud it hurt but man it wa ssweet
picked it up off a buddy of the bro in law for 100 bucks.:eek:
took it right out of his pick up. can you say needed a fix.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks that helps alot! but only one channel is crossed over for a sub! i just dont know which one lol and if i dont hook it up to the one thats crossed over ive been told i'll blow something

Hook your Front left and Rear Left Speakers upto your your Front Left CHannel, Hook your Front right and Rear Right to your Front Right Channel.

Bridge Your Rear CHannels to get some More power to your sub. IE Hook Your + From your Sub to + Rear left and your - to Negative Rear right.

Depending on your Deck it may only have 1 Set of RCA for Front Channells and 1 for Rear Channels(SUB) You will need 2 Sets of RCA Cables, Plus your will need an REM run from your Deck or Ignition.

Maybe i can take some pictures and give you a look at what i am trying to Explain.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
herd engine noise in my brothers tempo sometimes lol always wondered how it happened!:D and i'm hoping to try and do this tomorrow:eek: with some helps from my dad.....BUT i need to know which channel i plug my sub into! any channel?

Hook your Front and Rear Left SPeakers to Front LEft. Front and rear Right to Front Right.

Sub Run Positive from Rear right Positive and - from rear left Negative.(Bridgeing- Combines power of both Channels)

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hook your Front left and Rear Left Speakers upto your your Front Left CHannel, Hook your Front right and Rear Right to your Front Right Channel.

Bridge Your Rear CHannels to get some More power to your sub. IE Hook Your + From your Sub to + Rear left and your - to Negative Rear right.

Depending on your Deck it may only have 1 Set of RCA for Front Channells and 1 for Rear Channels(SUB) You will need 2 Sets of RCA Cables, Plus your will need an REM run from your Deck or Ignition.

Maybe i can take some pictures and give you a look at what i am trying to Explain.

it shows on the amp how too bridge the 2 channels, +of channel 1 to -of channel 2 and like wise for 3 and 4.
for the rca outputs if you only have 1 set get a splitter set that makes 1 go into 2 for at the amp end. then all you need is the 1 set of rcas from your deck. doesnt need to be split if only going to the subs.
however if i remember right your only running 1 sub, that being said i would run 1 of the rca outputs from your deck to channels 3 and 4, bridge them down to 1 channel going to your sub, take the other rca ouput from the deck and go to channels 3 and 4 leave that one running both channels and run your 6x9s off that, you cannot bridge a 4 channel amp down to 1 channel. at least i have never seen one that is capable of that they are all either 2,3 or 4 channels. then run you front speakers off the deck.
use the largest possible speaker wire you can from your amp.
see pic.

Attachments

• steareo wiring.jpg
    steareo wiring.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 86

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you dont understand

Attachments

• Stereo Main.jpg
    Stereo Main.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Stereo Detail.jpg
    Stereo Detail.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 83

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it shows on the amp how too bridge the 2 channels, +of channel 1 to -of channel 2 and like wise for 3 and 4.
for the rca outputs if you only have 1 set get a splitter set that makes 1 go into 2 for at the amp end. then all you need is the 1 set of rcas from your deck. doesnt need to be split if only going to the subs.
however if i remember right your only running 1 sub, that being said i would run 1 of the rca outputs from your deck to channels 3 and 4, bridge them down to 1 channel going to your sub, take the other rca ouput from the deck and go to channels 3 and 4 leave that one running both channels and run your 6x9s off that, you cannot bridge a 4 channel amp down to 1 channel. at least i have never seen one that is capable of that they are all either 2,3 or 4 channels. then run you front speakers off the deck.
use the largest possible speaker wire you can from your amp.
see pic.

You are right i didnt see the Picture he had of his amp. By the looks of it his amp has to RCA Inputs 1 for the Front one for rear. This is such a hard topic to Explain to someone Especially Using a Multichannel amp to run 4 SPeakers and 1 Sub.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
almost! tried it , got it , then the 6x9's made a horrible sound and i disconnected everything lol i think i'm just gonna have it done.

what kinda noise.....i would have left everything else and just disconected them to make sure the rest was all ok.....if you did as EMANAARON said and ran the front and back lefts together and rights together if the 6x9's went weird the fronts should have too

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kinda noise.....i would have left everything else and just disconected them to make sure the rest was all ok.....if you did as EMANAARON said and ran the front and back lefts together and rights together if the 6x9's went weird the fronts should have too

it was a big deep popping sound.....my dad said one of the switches things wasn't set right.........hell if i know

Top Bottom