car audio....

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so ive got a JENSION sub for my truck , and an MEI 600w amp (model #da4450) it has a X-over....info on it says:

4 channel bridgeable desing
ultra stable PWM power supply
selectable frequency subwoofer crossover
high current output devices

i wanna run two 5 inch up front , 2 6x9's in the back and the sub oh and a kenwood deck , and i dont know where to start i dont know much about electrical stuff....i baisically need to know which channel the sub gets hooked up too...

can anybody help me out?

thanks

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so ive got a JENSION sub for my truck , and an MEI 600w amp (model #da4450) it has a X-over....info on it says:

4 channel bridgeable desing
ultra stable PWM power supply
selectable frequency subwoofer crossover
high current output devices

i wanna run two 5 inch up front , 2 6x9's in the back and the sub oh and a kenwood deck , and i dont know where to start i dont know much about electrical stuff....i baisically need to know which channel the sub gets hooked up too...

can anybody help me out?

thanks

i don't think it matters which channel you run the sub on, but i think 4 channel means 4 speakers/subs? not 5, just run the sub and either the front or back speakers. my amp is a 2 channel and i can only run 2 10" kickers. try calling visions or futureshop if this didn't help lol good luck.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its only 4 channel you can only run the 4 spekers you want. Then you would need an amp for the sub.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't think it matters which channel you run the sub on, but i think 4 channel means 4 speakers/subs? not 5, just run the sub and either the front or back speakers. my amp is a 2 channel and i can only run 2 10" kickers. try calling visions or futureshop if this didn't help lol good luck.

thanks that helps alot! but only one channel is crossed over for a sub! i just dont know which one lol and if i dont hook it up to the one thats crossed over ive been told i'll blow something

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
look at the out puts for the speakers on the amp, they will show you how to bridge your channels, most likely the 2 outer most bridge to make one channel and the 2 inner will bridge to make another.....hook the amp up bridged to 2 channels, run the 2 6x9's of the remaining channels, leave the fronts direct run off the deck......should work out fine.

that or bridge all 4 channels for more power to the sub, then you can use the low pass filter properly and run all the fronts off the deck, its its a 40x4 deck or better it will be good enough for what your looking for....thats the way i would go

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont take the MEI amp down past 2 ohms non bridge.....or 4 ohms bridged......this means you can run two 4 OHM speakes to make 2 ohms per channel not bridged.....but your best bet is to run the 6x9 off the amp (ch 1 and 2) and bridge 3 and 4 to power the sub (sub is 4 ohms??? single or duel voice coil???).....then power the other two off the deck........simple and easy......when you start getting down to 2 ohms things run hot but yes it puts out more power......but not for long if it cant take it.......I used to run stuff down to 0.5 ohm so a 100x2 amp would put out 1000 RMS watts but it was not MEI lol......back when I used to compete I still hold the DB record in area from 15 years ago.......I just loved my stereos..........my shop was called "If it is to loud.....U R 2 Old" I used to run 4500-6000 RMS watts is my trucks man I miss a good sounding stereo! bring back the memories of starting the street parties after the bar......well you could hear the truck inside the bar when it was on over there music........man Im old now!

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
thanks that helps alot! but only one channel is crossed over for a sub! i just dont know which one lol and if i dont hook it up to the one thats crossed over ive been told i'll blow something

most likely if it has a cross over it is a switch that will turn it to low pass filter on all channels, unless its a very high end amp, to get the most power for the sub you will bridge channels by connecting to the positive of one channel and the negative of another.....pretty sure that cross over will eliminate all high frequency on ann channels making it useless for your front speakers anyway......

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont take the MEI amp down past 2 ohms non bridge.....or 4 ohms bridged......this means you can run two 4 OHM speakes to make 2 ohms per channel not bridged.....but your best bet is to run the 6x9 off the amp (ch 1 and 2) and bridge 3 and 4 to power the sub (sub is 4 ohms??? single or duel voice coil???).....then power the other two off the deck........simple and easy......when you start getting down to 2 ohms things run hot but yes it puts out more power......but not for long if it cant take it.......I used to run stuff down to 0.5 ohm so a 100x2 amp would put out 1000 RMS watts but it was not MEI lol......back when I used to compete I still hold the DB record in area from 15 years ago.......I just loved my stereos..........my shop was called "If it is to loud.....U R 2 Old" I used to run 4500-6000 RMS watts is my trucks man I miss a good sounding stereo! bring back the memories of starting the street parties after the bar......well you could here the truck inside the bar when it was on over there music........man Im old now!

^^ what he said :d

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
much better explanation then my dumbed down response

dont take the MEI amp down past 2 ohms non bridge.....or 4 ohms bridged......this means you can run two 4 OHM speakes to make 2 ohms per channel not bridged.....but your best bet is to run the 6x9 off the amp (ch 1 and 2) and bridge 3 and 4 to power the sub (sub is 4 ohms??? single or duel voice coil???).....then power the other two off the deck........simple and easy......when you start getting down to 2 ohms things run hot but yes it puts out more power......but not for long if it cant take it.......I used to run stuff down to 0.5 ohm so a 100x2 amp would put out 1000 RMS watts but it was not MEI lol......back when I used to compete I still hold the DB record in area from 15 years ago.......I just loved my stereos..........my shop was called "If it is to loud.....U R 2 Old" I used to run 4500-6000 RMS watts is my trucks man I miss a good sounding stereo! bring back the memories of starting the street parties after the bar......well you could here the truck inside the bar when it was on over there music........man Im old now!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you also should have a cross over that will controll ch 1 and 2 and another cross over for ch 3 and 4.........so you can run highs on 1 and 2 and lows on 3 and 4 and bridge 3 and 4 for sub.........will but out more power bridged......what is you sub????? duel or single voice coil? and 2 or 4 ohm?

Last edited:

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok.....so i have no idea what any of you are saying lol sorry i'm dumb with this stuff and alot of other stuff lol

bridge? wtf? i have no idea what any of this means....i'm thinking i should have it done by somebody who's not a moron lol

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
you aso should have a cross over that will controll ch 1 and 2 and another cross over for ch 3 and 4.........so you can run highs on 1 and 2 and lows on 3 and 4 and bridge 3 and 4 for sub.........will but out more power bridged......what is you sub????? duel or single voice coil? and 2 or 4 ohm?

i've found most lower end amps the corss over is either on all channels or none....i may be wrong

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you aso should have a cross over that will controll ch 1 and 2 and another cross over for ch 3 and 4.........so you can run highs on 1 and 2 and lows on 3 and 4 and bridge 3 and 4 for sub.........will but out more power bridged......what is you sub????? duel or single voice coil? and 2 or 4 ohm?

i have no clue , sorry........:eek::confused::confused:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
if you look at the amp joey, there will be a set of screw set speaker out puts, one positive and one neg. for every speaker.....if you connect the positive of one channel, to the neg. of another channel that bridges those channels and gives you 2x the power to that speaker

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you look at the amp joey, there will be a set of screw set speaker out puts, one positive and one neg. for every speaker.....if you connect the positive of one channel, to the neg. of another channel that bridges those channels and gives you 2x the power to that speaker

this sheds a little light......but i'm still super confused........

Top Bottom