car audio....

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for one 50hz will not hit any lows and the box will be very peaky. two if you want lows but an alround good sound go to 35hz. and i used 55hz to compete it is not a daily drive frequeny. if you guys need anything i sell rd audio and sundown audio and elevation audio check em out. brands that show up for world finals every yr

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya for the daily user really anything will do. I had no idea what I was doing just built a closed box through in some subs put behind the seat and call er good. Between settings on the amp and deck I got it all good. Competing is a whole bother story though.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well when I was checking in with you you chose to "ignore" me so we moved on lol

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there should be enough room without lifting the seat, the 09's came with it factory under the pass. side and lots of room on the drivers for another if needed, i think it is my son thinks it is, but wife says:nono: not required. wtf:confused:
anyways should be able to do it under seat no problem, depending on sub though i know some of the higher end ones can have a pretty deep basket. but look into a custom fiberglassed box and giver will look the best and keep it factory.
problem with lifting the seat is safety issues possibly as it is not as secure to the floor probably and with a little one in a car seat where does the seat atttach to the safety strap or whatever it is on the back of the car seat does it go to the chassis or just to the seat of the truck? just askin.

i wouldnt worry about fabbing some spacers too raise the seat a couple inchs too give me more room just need longer bolts... that would give me more room for my other hardware ...

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey so pulling the factory speakers form the back. Why is there two sets of wires.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304556792.979441.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304556792.979441.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 68

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2007 gmc sierra new style crew cab short box...

I was going to set mine up like the following...
2 mtx thunder thin 12" subs under the rear seat runing on 1 channel(1 sub on left of channel1, 1 sub on right of channel 1) no bridging, to obtain bass stereo affect...
4x 6 1/2" alpine three in one speakers... 2 speaker on channel 2 for front( 1 speaker for left and 1 for right of the channel) and other 2 speakers for channel 3 back again 1 for left and 1 for right...

Other tweeters on the last channel for left and right...

Then i would of ran a jvc 810 head unit running rca plug throughout my whole system... Then i would of installed some beat lights uner rear seats 1 under front middle seat and under front left and right dash....

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey so pulling the factory speakers form the back. Why is there two sets of wires.

From what im seeing of the pic (which wasnt clear) looks like 1 pair of wires are powering the coil for the sub part of the stock 6x9 and the other pair of wires is for ur mid and high. (normal speakers and tweeter).

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow day 4 and i might be able too get the the front speakers hooked up...i will post a pic of the sub box that i made by the advice from Chris at audio obsession sound in sherwood park ... very helpful guy... i plan to bring my truck there to get the car starter put in (not sure how hard that is too doo)

Top Bottom