car audio....

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
fronts made the same sound....and i assure you the speakers are fun and the amp is too , i just had something set wrong.......just dont know what lol

make sure the low pass filter (cross over switch) is turned off for those channels, check the ground. check the little knob for the frequency and make sure its not turned all the way down to only give lower frequencies

Last edited:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i am almost done taking my stero out of my 2000 f250 and then i will be putting it in my 08 f350 crew cab... i was wondering where the best place for the amps to be mounted and where should i put my 2 "10 subs... is there a molded box or do i have too make one...then where do i put the subs....

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i am almost done taking my stero out of my 2000 f250 and then i will be putting it in my 08 f350 crew cab... i was wondering where the best place for the amps to be mounted and where should i put my 2 "10 subs... is there a molded box or do i have too make one...then where do i put the subs....

You should be able to find a molded Boc for 2 10" However Nothing beats a Specifically Tunned Box if you knowhow to make one.

Amps id put under the seat or on the back of the seat if Possible.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
under the seats are out too much crap under them...i am thinking on the back wall behind the back seat... as for the subs i do not know how to make a box and i could not find a molded one, i phoned a few shops yesterday....

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
under the seats are out too much crap under them...i am thinking on the back wall behind the back seat... as for the subs i do not know how to make a box and i could not find a molded one, i phoned a few shops yesterday....

This may work.
Ford F250_F350

Or maybe you could Build one like this:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 69

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends how deep the subs are. If they're shallow you should have no problem putting them behind the seat. If theyre just normal subs and you don't want them under the seat you might have to make them like shown above. Either way amps behind back seet would work. Can easilly make a bracket to mount to the floorand hold your amp. For heaven sake don't drill holes and screw it to the wall behind the seet lol

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

pretty simple to make a molded box. should be able to find instructionl vid on you tube. basically cover the rear floor with heavy poly or black garbage bags. lay in fiberglass matt and do a couple layers of it. then make your sides and top to fit under your seat with subs in the box facing up towards bottom of seat. run ports out to leg space area. with the top of your box removed fiberglass the sides to your bottom remove and clean up rough edges and cover with carpet if wanted or paint. when you put the top back on make sure to seal it good or the box will sound like chit.
there is an art to it and thats why the guys that do it good get decent money for what they do. lol if you really want it to look and sound good best option is to get a custom shop to do it. as they can tune the box to your subs and the type of music you want to listen to.
as for your amps if you put them behind your seats make sure that you put them with the heat sinks going up and down as they are designed to cool by the airflow going over the sinkks. with the amp mounted behind a seat and heat sinks going horizontally there is no where for the air to move around the amp causing a possible overheat/ failure when they are under heavy use.
but seeing as its only 2 10's i am sure they never get turned up any ways right.:dlol
good luck.

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rule of thumb on ported boxes are for every square foot must have 12 to 15 square inches of port area

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This may work.
Ford F250_F350

Or maybe you could Build one like this:

was thinking about this ... well i am going to have a little one on the way so this will not work ... i am just going to build a custom box that will fit behind the seat.... i saw in my search someone made some blocks to lift the back seat... i am going to look into this more just the fact it will give me more space ... has anyone tried this....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was thinking about this ... well i am going to have a little one on the way so this will not work ... i am just going to build a custom box that will fit behind the seat.... i saw in my search someone made some blocks to lift the back seat... i am going to look into this more just the fact it will give me more space ... has anyone tried this....

there should be enough room without lifting the seat, the 09's came with it factory under the pass. side and lots of room on the drivers for another if needed, i think it is my son thinks it is, but wife says:nono: not required. wtf:confused:
anyways should be able to do it under seat no problem, depending on sub though i know some of the higher end ones can have a pretty deep basket. but look into a custom fiberglassed box and giver will look the best and keep it factory.
problem with lifting the seat is safety issues possibly as it is not as secure to the floor probably and with a little one in a car seat where does the seat atttach to the safety strap or whatever it is on the back of the car seat does it go to the chassis or just to the seat of the truck? just askin.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ya not sure i would want to be lifting the seat just because of safety/legal issues especially with a young one back there. however that box for behind the back of the seat in that link looks like it would work. mounting depth is 5.5 inches so ya might have to measure your subs to see if they will fit. says it only works if you dont have a power back window. on a side note, if you built your own box and didnt make it sloped like the one shown, you could probably fit a deeper sub in there. also if you made your own boxes, you could possibly make two seperate ones, one on each side and mount your amp between them. might run into sound issues though if your boxes arent the right side. this is how i have mine set up and they work fine, but i have never had them in one large ported box to compare sound quality.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya not sure i would want to be lifting the seat just because of safety/legal issues especially with a young one back there. however that box for behind the back of the seat in that link looks like it would work. mounting depth is 5.5 inches so ya might have to measure your subs to see if they will fit. says it only works if you dont have a power back window. on a side note, if you built your own box and didnt make it sloped like the one shown, you could probably fit a deeper sub in there. also if you made your own boxes, you could possibly make two seperate ones, one on each side and mount your amp between them. might run into sound issues though if your boxes arent the right side. this is how i have mine set up and they work fine, but i have never had them in one large ported box to compare sound quality.

Id say build your own Box , tuned to a 50-55HZ range will sound deadly on all music and hit hard on the Lows!

Top Bottom