car audio....

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
so i would personally bridge to channels to run the sub and use the other to channles to run the 6x9's.....but thats only if you can turn on the cross over for only one channel at a time......the cross over takes all of the high frequency sound out of the channel so it only gets bass allowing the sub to have a clearer sound and not burn out the voice coils....if when you turn the cross over on it does it for all channels then you will only want to run the sub off of that amp and bridge all channels together

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i would personally bridge to channels to run the sub and use the other to channles to run the 6x9's.....but thats only if you can turn on the cross over for only one channel at a time......the cross over takes all of the high frequency sound out of the channel so it only gets bass allowing the sub to have a clearer sound and not burn out the voice coils....if when you turn the cross over on it does it for all channels then you will only want to run the sub off of that amp and bridge all channels together

i really appreciate all your input here.......but i gotta say i have no idea about any of this......theirs some customers at timmies i think i will ask......they like me they will do it for some free coffee lol

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to the amp manufactures website, they should have pretty much foolproof instructions on how to hook it up, as what you want to do is very simple. It is really simple if you look at the amp and see what's actually needed.

You have to look at minor details though, like making sure your amp will power your speakers good enough, but not to much, same goes for sub. And running proper gauge wire.

Some people are trying to explain it a lot more complex then it really is.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to the amp manufactures website, they should have pretty much foolproof instructions on how to hook it up, as what you want to do is very simple. It is really simple if you look at the amp and see what's actually needed.

You have to look at minor details though, like making sure your amp will power your speakers good enough, but not to much, same goes for sub. And running proper gauge wire.

Some people are trying to explain it a lot more complex then it really is.

ive googled it but cant find their webiste.....:confused:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey joey......insert tab A in to slot B and shake vigorously! I tried to send info and the site wont let me......It came up with an error or something......dont want S&M to crash again lol......lots of info in the internet......with pictures! google wiring speakers.....car audio.....ect.......

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the name, model# etc on the amp. Maybe someone can find it on line, and give you a tab A, into slot B explanation

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey joey......insert tab A in to slot B and shake vigorously! I tried to send info and the site wont let me......It came up with an error or something......dont want S&M to crash again lol......lots of info in the internet......with pictures! google wiring speakers.....car audio.....ect.......

they dont explain it any easier then you do........why do you talk to me like i'm an idiot? i know i know nothing about this i told everyone that in the first post........i dont appreciate that......i just asked a question......

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wrap up a slim one, and relax, lil' fella......everyone here is trying to help......your the one gettin' excited

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they dont explain it any easier then you do........why do you talk to me like i'm an idiot? i know i know nothing about this i told everyone that in the first post........i dont appreciate that......i just asked a question......

I think overkill131313 has been nothing but helpful in your desperate need of wiring your new audio system. I understand you are feeling overwhelmed and frustrated but no need to become defensive towards the people trying to assist you in this "crisis". Take the advice givin, do research through youtube/google and trial n error till results.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think overkill131313 has been nothing but helpful in your desperate need of wiring your new audio system. I understand you are feeling overwhelmed and frustrated but no need to become defensive towards the people trying to assist you in this "crisis". Take the advice givin, do research through youtube/google and trial n error till results.

this stuff gets my brain all twisted i think i'll just have it done right so i dont blow up my speakers and stuff.........

Top Bottom