Can't even trust sledders anymore!

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you are not suprised by this. Take a look at the distruction in the warm up sheds and other things clubs do for the comfort of sledders. What do you thing those dirt bags do with the sleds after they steal them. That is the only way they can get up on the hills.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to leave my wifes sled in chappel creek last year and someone stole my Jerry can if race fuel off the back. I hope there sled ran like ch!t with 112 octane fuel! But that doesn't compare with your secondary. I hope they forget to tighten the bolt and it flys out the hood and hits them.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this happened to glen from spindrift they stole his clutch of his m 1000 last year fugging thiefs :mad:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it all starts with respect, at home and for others. it has been the same throughout history, only the penalties were severe. people open gates and just can't seem to be able to close them, pick up a few office supplies, shop supplies, wrenches, gas diesel from the rig, you name it, iti is what it is, theft period.

there needs to be a sting set up, real easy, just park a sled on the trail out, for 1/2 an hr or so. a couple guys hide in the brush, catch the theif, met out some justice, case solved.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Karma's a bitch!!Hopefully some douche bag comes along and helps themselves to his sled when he's out riding and ruins his trip!!!!!Or the next needle in his arm is dirty!!!SCUM BAGS!!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holly fawk what a dirt bag move. We were lucky left an rx turbo out McBride Renshaw way for a week and nothin ripped off. I think the easy of access to broke down unit can be a factor but I've heard of strips happen out Eagles to I think. If me our my group came upon guys stripin a sled out and about pretty sure there would be a thrash session if the right questions weren't answered.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The going trend now a days is that it is not the theifs fault if there is an easy opportunity to steal something. Poor little johnny theif it is not his fault

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody asks questions these days cause no one wants confrontation, you never know what these people are capable of. But if you approached someone removing a secondary on the side of the trail when the the skid is alrady jacked and started asking questions, ill bet that they cant answer why their doing it or stumble to your questions which you'd be able to determine in hurry if its their sled or their stealing something which would probably scare them off or give you a reason to throw down! Know what I mean?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe a couple of pictures taken...never hurts eh? If it's the sled's rightful owner, they will pose sheepishly and you both can laugh about trail wrenchin'....if it's a thief, they will likely want to know why you are taking pictures....

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
But really, if I'm ripp'n down the trail or out in the back country and see a group of peeps working on a sled, well I wouldn't think much about it.
It's all part of the sledding experience and seems normal as can be.
Generally slow down and look to see if assistance is needed and then stop or move on.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the cops ever hit the trails around Valemount anymore?About 10/12 years ago I ran into them quite a bit on a couple 670 summits at Clemina and Allen Creek!Wearing the rcmp coats and all!Not off duty!!Shitty deal having to dump out the couple of beer we packed to drink on the hill when you used to be digging out sleds half the day!!

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like licence plates need to be recorded at the trailhead.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some butt wipe stole the new Yamaha Generator we had the groomer plugged in too last night at the Eagle Staging area too. nothing is safe anymore.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may need to mount a spot for my shotty on the sled - wonder if thats too much weight......seriously though, this really pisses me off. i had a dirtbike stolen once and it's the worst feeling.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MVC-003F.jpg Found the solution :beer:

Top Bottom