can

southside21

Reaction score
Have a 2010 assault ordered a a slp can an 09 can came so like a dummy i kept it modified it to fit but i just have a bad feeling about it.How much does it actually make a difference.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same can different mounts,lighter than stock one and a little louder.

southside21

Reaction score
so not really much of a power diff or make me climb higher just a little weight and noise

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only benefits is weight loss, slp are good for not losing power, mbrp have been known to actually rob power, I like being able to hear my machine though

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both in my group got theirs from specialty sleds at the sled show and they sound great, loud as a jaws on an M8, zero codes or power loss, MBRP is what the dealer installs on them up here for guys but like I mentioned there have been countless dyno sheets posted on MBRP's power loss issues, they sound good though
What's the general consensus on the best can for the etec's? I'd like a bit of noise but nothing deafening.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kind of doubt that MBRP would release a can if it LOST power. But I could be wrong.

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the general consensus on the best can for the etec's? I'd like a bit of noise but nothing deafening.

I picked up "The Thing" from the Sled Shop in Revy. Love it. Haven't had a chance to work with the integrated muff pot. It looks like I wont go hungry.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The two-tier Muff-Pot with The Thing is a great addition. Available from the Boulder Mountain Sled Shed (250-814-0018) and talk to Cathy or Al.

Only one ride so far but the possibilities seem endless.

This ride, the garlic/lemon/shrimp were the appetizer and garlic/lime/tarragon/scallops were the main course.

IMG_0565.jpg IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

Highmaintenence

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy with a 2010 RMK 800 that cooked and was replaced under warranty...dealer told him to never take the factory silencer off...for what ever it's worth...

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked the dealer when I picked up my sled about putting a can on and he said it wouldn't be a problem.Doug how does that Thing w/ cooker sound? Do you notice any power gains?

Top Bottom