Can Am side by side

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the rzr engine sits in sideways and the transmission is independent of the motor.The patent is just on the geometry i believe, enough to stop some one from putting a motor behind the seats i think.....

Ah! ok.... i need to research a bit more. lol! Is there a V-drive or something in there? If you can put it in sideways........ well the skys the limit..... Can i hear Harley edition Can-am? Now that would sell i dont care who you are!!!!!!!

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'

In a V-twin set-up the crankshaft has to have extra length as the 2nd cylinder has to have its own bearing and throw. The cylinders look lined up but are actually offset.
The way around this is the "boxer" style engine that uses the same throw on opposed cylinders. This is an excellent engine design that came from aircraft engines that had cylinders set around in a circle. Smooth power.

Don't know what kind of V-twin your talking about but the Kawi V-twin has only one rod throw with both rods connected side by side.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know what kind of V-twin your talking about but the Kawi V-twin has only one rod throw with both rods connected side by side.

I was talking about any V-twin i have ever seen. How do they get around the vibrations that would create? I will admit i havnt seen everything and love new tech!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thought i heard of a rt 1000 going into the sxs, liquid cooled tirque monster.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was talking about any V-twin i have ever seen. How do they get around the vibrations that would create? I will admit i havnt seen everything and love new tech!!

I would assume there is counterbalancing in the crank along with a vibration dampner of some sort in the flywheel.

Attachments

• Teryx72mmCrankRods.jpg
    Teryx72mmCrankRods.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 44

gpz600r

Reaction score
i have a spy shot of the can am side by side!! lots great, with any luck it will have a 1200cc motor!!!

Attachments

• commander.jpg
    commander.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
Kinda looks like a cross between a RZR Rhino and a Teryx....I smell a photo shop job.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP has been asking forums, such as ours, to remove this photo. My question is, why ask us to remove it if its just bunk... none of the other shopped photos have ever been asked to be removed by BRP :confused:
have they contacted snowandmud yet? if they do, will you remove it?

If it is the real deal, must be a stealth test version....no headlights or any distinctive markings/styling. I would imagine the production version to be unmistakably BRP.

as for it being a rhino/rzr/teryx, isn't that BRP's MO in the atv segment? that is exactly how the outlander was born, they asked owners what they liked best about each brand and built a kick azz machine.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
have they contacted snowandmud yet? if they do, will you remove it?

If it is the real deal, must be a stealth test version....no headlights or any distinctive markings/styling. I would imagine the production version to be unmistakably BRP.

as for it being a rhino/rzr/teryx, isn't that BRP's MO in the atv segment? that is exactly how the outlander was born, they asked owners what they liked best about each brand and built a kick azz machine.

I don't give two chits if theres a spy photo of BRP's rig on this site or not... and it won't be me removing it when they doo come knocking. Personally I think its all bullchit :rolleyes: Until I can walk down to my local dealer and size up the drink holders on one of those babies myself I'm going to keep rolling on the ride I have. JMO

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda meant would Ron remove it if asked to. it's so close to being unveiled, I'm surprised there are no good pics out there by now.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If Ron is asked by BRP to remove it ,he will remove it! If they were asking him to remove it they would have done it already and it would have been removed.
HA!HA! LOL! LMAO!
That was kinda fun! LOL!
Notice the time.....................TIRED!

Top Bottom