Can am renegade diff seal leaking?

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey so I was replacing the valve cover seals today and noticed some diff fluid around the front drive shaft just going into the diff. Is there a seal or some type of gasket I can replace? If so do I have to pull the differential or can I split the driveshaft in two? Thanks for the help.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 108

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replace the seal, and also there is a wear ring on the drive shaft that the seal rides on. You must change that at the same time. Most likely the wear ring has a groove in it. Replacing just the seal won't stop the leak. Undo the bolt on the engine side of drive shaft, undo the one clamp on boot of drive shaft. Then the drive shaft uncouples, then pull out. Then you will be left with the coupler (sticking out of diff) there a bolt inside, undo and pull out. Then your left with the seal. Wear ring you can hit off with a hammer and chisel. Putting the new wear ring on shaft I recommend heating it right up till red, then it will just slip on shaft. If no heat hammering it on May cause damage.

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks so much for the help! Good write up I should be able to get it done!

Rneddel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was able to get the shaft off fine and the coupler. Now that it's off it looks to me like the wear ring is fine. Is there suppose to be a gap between the wear ring and the outer layer? image.jpg

Top Bottom