Calgary Suds Night

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey now!! just cause a guy likes to see a little (female) skin now and then doesn't mean you need to start name calling:nono:!

i love the snow, but i grew up on the beach, i need my summer too!:beer:

Ya!....but it was funny though:eek:

I'm in fer next Wednesday. I'm probably done for the season but ya never know! Otherwise the summer wrenching season will begin.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any southerner's need a ride? Do we have a table reserved or are we just going to have to mob the place? AJ - do you want me to call about a reservation?

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like we will have to mob the place as they don't take reservations for Wednesday nights :( Dang wing nights...

Unless you want to try somewhere else?? Bart, do you know if the Seanachie Irish Pub on Richmond Rd takes reservations? I suck at organizing things... LMFAO!

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like we will have to mob the place as they don't take reservations for Wednesday nights :( Dang wing nights...

Unless you want to try somewhere else?? Bart, do you know if the Seanachie Irish Pub on Richmond Rd takes reservations? I suck at organizing things... LMFAO!

Suck?? I think you are doing a great job so far! The suds night wouldn't have got this far without ya!!

Yes the Seanachie takes reservations. To find something else centralish near rusty cage I also called Limericks at Macleod and 71rst (just south of Glenmore) - they do take reservations up to 5 pm on Weds, but its rib night so they can't guarantee anything but she said there is usually stuff open between 6 and 7 once happy hour ends, we could talk to the waitress' and they'd probably help us out. I also called the Black Swan just south of Southland Drive and Macloed and they do reservations as well.

I've done my part on research - you pick the location and I'll call and book a reservation unless it's Limericks then we'll just have to chance it. :D

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've been to the rusty cage on wing nights before and it was hard to find a table for two.... we may want to move to plan 'b'. i've never been to the black swan... maybe we should do that??

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've been to the rusty cage on wing nights before and it was hard to find a table for two.... we may want to move to plan 'b'. i've never been to the black swan... maybe we should do that??

Yeah I've never been to the Swan either but a guy I worked with said their band used to hang out there and it was a decent place. Don't know until you try I guess. We'll see what Sledpiggy says - she's the boss :D

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aww wishin I still lived in Calgary so i could go!
Kings Head is good for drinks!

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've never been to the Swan either but a guy I worked with said their band used to hang out there and it was a decent place. Don't know until you try I guess. We'll see what Sledpiggy says - she's the boss :D

I am?!?! Sweet!!!

The Black Swan sounds good. Cale also just told me that there is a playoff game that night so we will need a reservation for sure. Is this the right place Bart? The Black Swan Ale House — Calgary Plus.ca did you want to call and reserve?

I will pm everyone just in case they don't read this by Wednesday...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am?!?! Sweet!!!

The Black Swan sounds good. Cale also just told me that there is a playoff game that night so we will need a reservation for sure. Is this the right place Bart? The Black Swan Ale House — Calgary Plus.ca did you want to call and reserve?

I will pm everyone just in case they don't read this by Wednesday...

Roger - that's the place. I was wondering if it was a playoff night, I figured Limericks will be pretty crazy if it is. I will call the Black Swan and make a reservation today for about 15-20 peeps.

You can't go in directly off Macleod, you have to either take Southland west of Macleod and then take a left at the first set of lights onto Southport Rd, or go south of it to the Superstore to 99th Ave and then take a right. It's right on the east side of the Superstore parking lot, kitty corner to the BP's.

See you all tomorrow night!

p.s. sledpiggy please bring my t-shirt so I can wear it. :D and let me know what I owe you pls and thanks.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK we are booked in under "Bart" for the reservation. Due to it being the game night and the game starting at 6 pm they were hoping we could come a little earlier than 7 so that they wouldn't have to try and hold the table for us all night.

That being said I'm heading over for around 6:30 pm, if at least one of you can make it a little earlier so that I'm not sitting there drinking alone for an hour that would be appreciated...:D to entice you I will say that the first round is on me to whoever shows up by 6:45 pm.

If you have never met me - sorry I don't have any pics of my ugly face so look for the guy sitting all alone at the table with about 15 empty chairs - with snowmobile related paraphenalia on the table - that will probably be me. :)

See you there.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK we are booked in under "Bart" for the reservation. Due to it being the game night and the game starting at 6 pm they were hoping we could come a little earlier than 7 so that they wouldn't have to try and hold the table for us all night.

That being said I'm heading over for around 6:30 pm, if at least one of you can make it a little earlier so that I'm not sitting there drinking alone for an hour that would be appreciated...:D to entice you I will say that the first round is on me to whoever shows up by 6:45 pm.

If you have never met me - sorry I don't have any pics of my ugly face so look for the guy sitting all alone at the table with about 15 empty chairs - with snowmobile related paraphenalia on the table - that will probably be me. :)

See you there.

We can come early too buddy! Thanks for making the reservation!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mighty big of ya! I'm gonna show up at 5 and turbo drink until 6:45, leave ya the bill. :d:d:d:d:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think you missed the concept of "First" round. First meaning one and only. Anything subsequent to the first is called the "second", "third" and so forth. :D

I'd keep on here with the numbers lesson but I know in order to continue counting past 9, you'd have to take your shoes and socks off. LOL

OK seriously though - No need to power drink now - save that for when Junior(ette) comes. Nothing says a good nights sleep for Daddy like a bottle of Jack Daniels...... "Really honey - the baby woke up three times last night? Huh, I didn't hear a thing." :D

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you missed the concept of "First" round. First meaning one and only. Anything subsequent to the first is called the "second", "third" and so forth. :D

I'd keep on here with the numbers lesson but I know in order to continue counting past 9, you'd have to take your shoes and socks off. LOL

OK seriously though - No need to power drink now - save that for when Junior(ette) comes. Nothing says a good nights sleep for Daddy like a bottle of Jack Daniels...... "Really honey - the baby woke up three times last night? Huh, I didn't hear a thing." :D

First round = a keg and an IV line!

guinness semi.jpg

Looking forward to it, see you tomorrow evening bud.

Cheers

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks modman... depending on how works goes i may be able to make it in time for that free first round too!!

Top Bottom