c.b handle's

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yall got a 10-9 on that..so what was yer c.b. handle back in the day and/or do you have on today??:chevy:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my pops used to be the Pantyhose Express, and my ma was Skinnie Minnie. we had a base station and 75 foot tower in our yard back in the 70's....could talk to truckers from Twin Lakes to as far south as Saddle Hills from our home in Grimshaw. still have all that stuff mothballed in the basement somewhere. sometimes you would get what they called "skip", and talk to truckers in other provinces if the weather was just right, usually -30c and a clear night, sometimes even hear truckers in the USA but couldn't talk to them....the good ol' days :D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Skyhawk
Call numbers were XM346759

Spent a lot of time on the waves shooting skip into British Columbia and Ontario and of course chatting with truckers coming though the area.
Ran a skyraker directional antenna with a rotor attached to a Radios Shack SSB base and a 250 watt booster.

I was so kool in the day....lol....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skyhawk
Call numbers were XM346759

Spent a lot of time on the waves shooting skip into British Columbia and Ontario and of course chatting with truckers coming though the area.
Ran a skyraker directional antenna with a rotor attached to a Radios Shack SSB base and a 250 watt booster.

I was so kool in the day....lol....

ya kool thats just thye word we where lookin for.:d jk lol

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was too young to have a handle but I remember my dad was Purple Dude and my mom was Little Leprechaun. We used the cb's alot on the farm back in the day.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove truck for an outfit out of Montana for 10 years. Went by the handle "2 Stroke" back then. Still have a radio in the F-150 but there's not much chatter out there now. Back in high school in the 70's everybody had a radio.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think back to some of the shenanigans we pulled using the cb's while bored in the trucks....mebbe another thread?? lol...

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW...if this isn't a blast from the past....funny thing is we were talking about this the other day at work. In fact I bought a Radio shack base unit that is brand new at a garage sale last year. (wife won't let me go to garge sakles anymore as she's scared I might find a tower now) lol. Big base unit with upper and lower side band...might even use it someday! LOl. "Ole Trapper" was the handle back int he day....used to skip on the waves and send out the QSL cards all over the place. Had a map and used to pin point when we linked up with another side bander...talked to people all over the place as far as Greenland. Winters in the north (High Level...actually farmed in Rocky Lane) where the cold weather made for exceptional reception on the CB. Miss those days....

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove truck for an outfit out of Montana for 10 years. Went by the handle "2 Stroke" back then. Still have a radio in the F-150 but there's not much chatter out there now. Back in high school in the 70's everybody had a radio.

Yep even hot cars had a cb....remeber the Bandit? EVERONE had a CB

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent a lot time using the c.b use the c.b in a game call bunny hunt .using
meter on the c.b we have to find a vehicle hidden in a 220sq mile radius
the hidden vehicle will broadcast for 1 minute every 4 minutes .so you drive in circle watching the meter and find highest point recipient and drive in that direction normally the hidden vehicle camouflage the winner won the pot for the night and the right to hide the following weekend .We got real good at doing this so we run into city do theirs and clean up on prize money fun and games my handle was MR.J

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spent a lot time using the c.b use the c.b in a game call bunny hunt .using
meter on the c.b we have to find a vehicle hidden in a 220sq mile radius
the hidden vehicle will broadcast for 1 minute every 4 minutes .so you drive in circle watching the meter and find highest point recipient and drive in that direction normally the hidden vehicle camouflage the winner won the pot for the night and the right to hide the following weekend .We got real good at doing this so we run into city do theirs and clean up on prize money fun and games my handle was MR.J

how long did the game last ???

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your real good 2hrs but sometimes the bunny did a good job hiding usually a 3hr limit and if you didn't find him or her they won the pot and did it again the following weekend. The one thatI remeber we had a 78 honda civic and hid it in a hay stack we just about won the pot execpt the guy that won
found us with 5mins to spare and only by luck fun and games

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And then there is the song Teddy Bear.........K ya all can go cry yourself to sleep LOL!...................VHF has kinda taken over!
Cb's were fun for sure,got one right under my VHF!
Off to watch CONVOY!........LMAO!
catmando!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
QUOTE=catmando;863792]And then there is the song Teddy Bear.........K ya all can go cry yourself to sleep LOL!...................VHF has kinda taken over!
Cb's were fun for sure,got one right under my VHF!
Off to watch CONVOY!........LMAO!
catmando![/QUOTE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfKkUpMBKak&feature=fvsr[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom