Buying my first sled

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
pretty sure I know a Cat dealer that would let you demo a sled as well.... then you can compare the old outdated crap to the generations ahead of thier time doo's...

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ask any question about sled brands on this site the Doo crew will bombard you with advice. They are all sure the XM is the best thing on the hill even though it has not been released yet. As mentioned before you can't overlook the fact that the Polaris is much lighter, people that own them have been very happy. it's also a fact that it has been the number one selling mountain sled since it came out, that could change this year with the XM. Hopefully the changes to the Doo will be good but you should definetly try them all out if possible before spending that much money. If your doing anything less than 50% mountain riding the 155" track is a better choice IMHO more fun in the ditches and creek beds.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ask any question about sled brands on this site the Doo crew will bombard you with advice. They are all sure the XM is the best thing on the hill even though it has not been released yet. As mentioned before you can't overlook the fact that the Polaris is much lighter, people that own them have been very happy. it's also a fact that it has been the number one selling mountain sled since it came out, that could change this year with the XM. Hopefully the changes to the Doo will be good but you should definetly try them all out if possible before spending that much money. If your doing anything less than 50% mountain riding the 155" track is a better choice IMHO more fun in the ditches and creek beds.

skidoo let ALOT of people demo the xm before its release. only a handfull of people rode a 2013 rmk

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How is this any different from you shamelessly plugging the sled you like to ride?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U have no dog in this fight, u havent ridden either.
But the doo laid is powerful lol

I haven't ridden what? A pro? A M? Spent a day on a 12 155 pro last year at owls head. Was a good sleigh. But I like mine better. Problem with that is?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
can't believe I let this non doo talk go on so long! Anyone can try my sled I don't care. The longer I stay off it the longer it survives!!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can't believe I let this non doo talk go on so long! Anyone can try my sled I don't care. The longer I stay off it the longer it survives!!

Can I use it? I want to try something I saw in a movie once.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still riding a machine built with 80's technology
I feel for you Mikey. Just when Cat tries to enter the market with 2000's technology BRP goes and sue's them for patent infringements. Its gotta be tough there for you for sure.......;);):smiliestirthepot:Loooool.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go for a 2013 XM or Pro RMK if you want new. Also consider the 2012/2013 XP Sport models (800r carb), they're a very capable sled for low $10,000's OTD.

-XM: First year sled, more power + reliable then Pro, unproven chassis (3rd yr on motor) and expect there to be some minor issues (doo faithful may disagree, but look at history of new model sleds...)
-Pro RMK: 3rd year sled, some refinements, about 40lbs lighter then XM, engine reliability isn't as good as the others, otherwise you can't go wrong with this sled (unless your Cat/Doo brand loyal of course...)
-Cat: 2nd year sled, too heavy, last year had issues that I suspect will be solved, best motor in industry (reliable + power)

I ride a 2012 Pro RMK 800 and my previous sleds were a Doo and a Cat so I don't consider myself brand loyal. I might be riding an XM next year if the sled proves itself this winter. Beware there is alot of brand loyalty on this forum...

Last edited:
Top Bottom