Buying a House in Phoenix??? Need advice.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Time to refresh this thread.

I have made the decision to buy a house in the USA in the next few months.

Because I am going to rent it out, the location doesn't have to be somewhere that I want to spend my winters at, I just want to get into the depressed market while the prices are so low and then either sell in 10 - 15 years and buy elsewhere or take the cash and do something else with it.

So, Phoenix area seems to be a good bet. Lots of houses to choose from. I am thinking Gilbert, Chandler, Mesa, or Scottsdale as I want something upper middle income. Anybody own in these areas? Any other areas to suggest?

Is there anybody here that is renting out a place for vacations. Meaning short-term periods where you have furnished the house yourself? How are you advertising?

Any other comments are appreciated.

Thanks

Bunch of people I work with have homes in Maricopa...40Min from Phoenix airport Hands down the best place to buy in the area

remax.com search maricopa,AZ see for yourself

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is Arizona the best place to invest? I'm heading to Ft Lauderdale later this year and was thinking about checking it out.....

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told that in some places, you get killer deals on the real estate, and pay through the nose on taxes....

Something to look into..

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx,, that is the point our dollar is golden right now to do this....

I have a trip to vegas coming,, i was going to sniff around while I was there,, that place will have to come back alive again one day,,

Just got back from Vegas a couple weeks ago, things are cheap there too. My mother in law just bought and the uncle bought 2 years ago. We rented a car and went on a tour, and there are subdivisions that were started but never finished, no pavement on the roads but yet there is the odd person living in a house in a cule de sac....We were close to buying. Vegas isn't my idea as a retirement place but a good way to make some doh!!!!

Empty Lots Near Las Vegas Show Bubble Has Burst - Video - Bloomberg

Top Bottom