Brule lake ride

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey!! Me and a bunch of buddies are going for a ride to brule lake dunes June 5-6.
Everyones welcomed to visit and ride. It would be nice to see some of these machines everyone talks about and are pictured here and to bs. Comp hill, Drag hill, and the tree shots at the back are all on our todo list. Lots of fun to be had. If you wanna watch thats ok as I watch too once in a while.
Your not having fun if you sitting still.:d
I'll be the guy on a red 2007 Banshee with snow tires .
Hope to see you there.:):)

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey!! Me and a bunch of buddies are going for a ride to brule lake dunes June 5-6.
Everyones welcomed to visit and ride. It would be nice to see some of these machines everyone talks about and are pictured here and to bs. Comp hill, Drag hill, and the tree shots at the back are all on our todo list. Lots of fun to be had. If you wanna watch thats ok as I watch too once in a while.
Your not having fun if you sitting still.:d
I'll be the guy on a red 2007 Banshee with snow tires .
Hope to see you there.:):)

I think I might have to join you. I haven't been to brule yet this year and would like to get some good riding in.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drewski are your riding the quad pictured. Honda 310R are you taking that honda you took to Idaho. Hope to see you there.:)

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
drewski are your riding the quad pictured. Honda 310R are you taking that honda you took to Idaho. Hope to see you there.:)

Nah man, thats just some random banshee pic I found on the internet..........lol hell ya I ride that beast! Yep I'm going out there for sure whether or not any of my friends are coming. I haven't been there this year and I really need an excuse to throw on the paddles. Are you guys camping or doing the hotel thing?

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
frenchy yeppers ill be riding the old orange R and not sure if ill camp or just drive out for the day....its only 3hr drive to brule! lol

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if were camping or hoteling it yet but we usually have breakfast at Smittys aorund 8:00 am Saturday morning, then we we parked at the lower parking down from the big sign at the East end . Let me know if we should wait for you at Smittys or at the parking lot.:cool:

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if were camping or hoteling it yet but we usually have breakfast at Smittys aorund 8:00 am Saturday morning, then we we parked at the lower parking down from the big sign at the East end . Let me know if we should wait for you at Smittys or at the parking lot.:cool:

I'm not sure I'll make it for breakfast at 8 as I live in Edmonton....I'll probably leave around 6am and get there for 9am. Either way I'll see you there.
It looks like one of my riding buds will be coming also. Should be a good time!

ghglenn

Reaction score
Man, I am bummed I am gonna miss this. My little boy has a soccer tournament I cannot miss:nono:...I'm the coach.

It figures, just put the Houser a-arms on and the Ohlins to boot!!!!:rant:

Hope you guys make a habit of riding out there this summer. Have a good time, and take some pics.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure looks like it's gonna be sunny this weekend.
Right on it's gonna be nice to see some different quads roar up them hills. Every time I'm up there I meet new poeple. I like when someone puts on a good show even if it's my buddys or someone new as there's always somekind of exitement to watch. It awsome to watch poeple do what they like best Quad . :):)
It's also great to see dirt bikes as they to have quite some skill to ride ,they pretty much go where they want on a hill cause if they don't make it just let her go and try again. Neat to watch them jump too.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure looks like it's gonna be sunny this weekend.
Right on it's gonna be nice to see some different quads roar up them hills. Every time I'm up there I meet new poeple. I like when someone puts on a good show even if it's my buddys or someone new as there's always somekind of exitement to watch. It awsome to watch poeple do what they like best Quad . :):)
It's also great to see dirt bikes as they to have quite some skill to ride ,they pretty much go where they want on a hill cause if they don't make it just let her go and try again. Neat to watch them jump too.

DAMN!!!! I'm getting STOKED:firefire:

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are a few pics of brule today. We had to cut the trip short due to technical difficulties but was still good to get out. Also, Thanks for the help Flying frenchman!

S6302557.jpg

S6302555.jpg

S6302548.jpg

S6302559.jpg

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:):) Well folks what a day. Saturday morning was sunny, we met up with drewski and his buddy unloaded the quads and left for our ride. His buddys quad was having some electrical problems so they turn back to go fix it. We proceeded to the hills to rip up the sand .
Rip and tear is what we did, we chewed up everything. As you know this is the best sandbox I have so close to home so I like it alot. Comp hill is getting pretty wore out but the tree shots in the back still gave a guy a challange.
Man do my shoulders and thumb hurt, I got that syndrome where I can't stay off the throttle. We burnt 3 tanks of fuel by the time the day was done. There were lots of action at drag hill and comphill, lots of peeps. Lots of poeple were putting on great shows even the crashes were spectacular great thing no one was hurt.
We got to do a some ridding with drewski and his buddy, folks this quad looks great on the sand, way better in person than seeing on the internet very nice quad, hope one day mine could look as good as his.I got to see him rip with it on a few pull in the back but my buudy didn't an would like to see it rip, well maybe in the future .Great pics.
I too cut it short as I had to run back to work for Sunday, but thats ok as I was sore and it was a super first ride of the year.I was happy the quad ran great and I had tons of fun.:):):)
:( Sorry we have no photos we couldn'nt get our thumbs off the gas long enough to take pics. Oh well maybe next time.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:):) Well folks what a day. Saturday morning was sunny, we met up with drewski and his buddy unloaded the quads and left for our ride. His buddys quad was having some electrical problems so they turn back to go fix it. We proceeded to the hills to rip up the sand .
Rip and tear is what we did, we chewed up everything. As you know this is the best sandbox I have so close to home so I like it alot. Comp hill is getting pretty wore out but the tree shots in the back still gave a guy a challange.
Man do my shoulders and thumb hurt, I got that syndrome where I can't stay off the throttle. We burnt 3 tanks of fuel by the time the day was done. There were lots of action at drag hill and comphill, lots of peeps. Lots of poeple were putting on great shows even the crashes were spectacular great thing no one was hurt.
We got to do a some ridding with drewski and his buddy, folks this quad looks great on the sand, way better in person than seeing on the internet very nice quad, hope one day mine could look as good as his.I got to see him rip with it on a few pull in the back but my buudy didn't an would like to see it rip, well maybe in the future .Great pics.
I too cut it short as I had to run back to work for Sunday, but thats ok as I was sore and it was a super first ride of the year.I was happy the quad ran great and I had tons of fun.:):):)
:( Sorry we have no photos we couldn'nt get our thumbs off the gas long enough to take pics. Oh well maybe next time.

Yep it was a good time for sure! Man I was surprised how your banshee was running up those hills.....It's also true that you can ride better than you type lol!!! But next time I'm going to have to show you who is boss. My jetting was all messed up while I was there. When I came back I richened up the pilot jet, leaned up the needle and adjusted the airscrew and now there is NO hesitation. We ended up taking the 2 quads out to clover bar after we fixed the electrical problem on the raptor and my jetting and let me tell you.....my quad is a completely different BEAST now. I hope we get the chance to meet up again to sip some pops and rip it up. Let me know if you are heading out there again.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey! I'm glad you got your quad running great. It's better having fun riding it than it is worrying about your it,because it looks like your quad wants to be riden hard during the day the cleaned up when your done and ready for the next time. What did you find out with the Raptor, what was the cause? Well have to meet up for sure another time because it's nice to see someone else climbing hills . As for showing me who is boss is ok with me cause it's all for fun. Sometimes it's good to be passed as you then wonder is my quad running right or holy cow does that thing haul azz. Then it make a guy want to add more mods.:cool::cool:

Top Bottom