BRP delay

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. It sucks. It is happening in all industries and with the stupidest stuff. It’s not just sleds and chips. Tell me why you couldn’t buy bander or opener discs from Bourgault last year for your air drill? Why can you buy a Ford 1 ton in 6-8 months by pre order only yet Ford can’t supply you with the hidden 5 th wheel hitch in the bed of the truck? It’s everything. It’s not just parts with microprocessors.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of build restrictions on right now with all manufacturers, this scamdemic really Facked things up.

I feel a “sled delivery time” is the last thing a person should be concerned about at the moment, with the costs and rates going up like they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya pretty much dont order anything unless you feel like waiting. Have gm trucks we ordered that never showed up.

Guess it might force guys to keep sleds longer, cause you can't expect your snow check to show up in time for winter.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farm equipment has been a nightmare along with farm chem and supplys and alot of it makes sense but alot makes no sense on the delays, shows how much we really depend on china sadly

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya pretty much dont order anything unless you feel like waiting. Have gm trucks we ordered that never showed up.

Guess it might force guys to keep sleds longer, cause you can't expect your snow check to show up in time for winter.

GM seems to be the worst to deal with right now, some guys get their truck within 3 months, others are still waiting.
Simple option like a bed liner etc, will stall the build.
From what I’ve been reading, you may have to confirm with your dealer if your trucks are still ordered and not cancelled due to no allocation.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GM seems to be the worst to deal with right now, some guys get their truck within 3 months, others are still waiting.
Simple option like a bed liner etc, will stall the build.
From what I’ve been reading, you may have to confirm with your dealer if your trucks are still ordered and not cancelled due to no allocation.

We order these almost 2 years ago lol They arent coming.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ones who gave up their chip allocations are the ones suffering. Some of the other industries are just taking advantage of consumers, i'll concede that. Some still have legit slow downs due to lack of labour........but mainly production runs are up. Medical equipment manufacturing is running along just fine, and had one of the lowest % of probability of default on risk analysis. Manufacturers cut the chip makers down on price, and when the manufacturers cut their allocations (like Ford), then the chip producers went to other, more lucrative, markets. They are now selling to people for more profit. Lowest bidder is getting punted down the line, so yes, there's a shortage but its not for production reasons, its for economics. Sled chip purchases are minimal when you consider that a standard pickup truck as about 1.200 semiconductors (on average). If you lined up at the dealer for an overpriced $28K sled that might not get a chip until Dec, well then pull on your big boy / girl pants and fawkin deal with it because no one put a gun to your head.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ones who gave up their chip allocations are the ones suffering. Some of the other industries are just taking advantage of consumers, i'll concede that. Some still have legit slow downs due to lack of labour........but mainly production runs are up. Medical equipment manufacturing is running along just fine, and had one of the lowest % of probability of default on risk analysis. Manufacturers cut the chip makers down on price, and when the manufacturers cut their allocations (like Ford), then the chip producers went to other, more lucrative, markets. They are now selling to people for more profit. Lowest bidder is getting punted down the line, so yes, there's a shortage but its not for production reasons, its for economics. Sled chip purchases are minimal when you consider that a standard pickup truck as about 1.200 semiconductors (on average). If you lined up at the dealer for an overpriced $28K sled that might not get a chip until Dec, well then pull on your big boy / girl pants and fawkin deal with it because no one put a gun to your head.
My dealer did and i was wearing my big boy pants at the time to, went in for rock picker parts left with money down on a summit had no choice basically gave the sled away lol . So the manufactures are at 0 fault in your opinion thats cool. Its the buyers fault that they are ordering things

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has something changed that planned delivery for snow checks is now November/December? yes, the entire world shut down for 24 months maybe you recall?

Remember then being delivered in September/October as the norm....... Never September, late October at best for mountain sleds pre pandemic.

January delivery defeats the whole purpose of snow checking. Why is that? Warranty doesn't start until you take delivery? It sucks but it doesn't defeat the purpose
Hey shouldn't you be looking for a learn how to snowshoe thread Mr no sled. ;)

Why did you dump your toboggan if you knew you weren't getting yours till January?

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that a typo? The owner of the Ford dealer I purchase from told me at a golf tournament we both participated in this summer that a diesel Platinum is around 120-130 chips depending how its accessorized. One of BRP 's engineers told me a turbo Summit sits around 12 or so. I find it interesting that I received a text message from Rogers this morning offering to eat up to $250 off my device balance owing to entice me into upgrading to a I-phone 14. Must be no shortages there I'm thinking?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer did and i was wearing my big boy pants at the time to, went in for rock picker parts left with money down on a summit had no choice basically gave the sled away lol . So the manufactures are at 0 fault in your opinion thats cool. Its the buyers fault that they are ordering things
No, that's not my opinion. Manufacturers are at fault for giving up their chip orders. Manufacturers could also cut pricing if they felt bad about reducing your riding season, but why would they when people are running through the door throwing money across the counter? Covid created panic-buying in mass amounts like we've never seen. Honestly I think some people are addicted to the rush of it now. Think about the run on toilet paper at the beginning of the pandemic. There was no production shortage, people just went crazy. Same with sledding the last couple years. As Skegpro understands, the less of something is out there, the more people seem to want it (regardless of the price).

Is that a typo? The owner of the Ford dealer I purchase from told me at a golf tournament we both participated in this summer that a diesel Platinum is around 120-130 chips depending how its accessorized. One of BRP 's engineers told me a turbo Summit sits around 12 or so. I find it interesting that I received a text message from Rogers this morning offering to eat up to $250 off my device balance owing to entice me into upgrading to a I-phone 14. Must be no shortages there I'm thinking?

Sorry, I should have said microprocessors - he might be right if he was talking actual microchips (microchips have multiple microprocessors). Our fleet is Ford so I try and keep up but honestly its a crap shoot with what information you can get and it constantly changes. Picking up 4 new F150's tomorrow that I ordered in Feb....... What I found on the internet when I researched this last year was over 1,000. I read a stat recently that said average F150 has 1,200. Ford's are the most sophisticated vehicles so it wouldn't surprise me if they have more than average.

How Many Microchips Does a Car Have?

The simplest way to answer the question: “How many microchips does a car have?” is to think of them as tiny silicon crystals that have been etched with microscopic electrical circuits. Microchips in cars are incredibly sophisticated and complex – an average new car contains more than 3,000 microchips – and even the cheapest of new cars can have as many as 150. The automotive industry alone will use about 15 per cent of the world’s microchip market, but the consumer electronics sector will consume nearly half of it.

Automotive chip production is so essential to modern cars that some chips can be found in as many as 3,000 per vehicle. These chips are used in a variety of electronic systems inside the car. Just one car part can have anywhere from 500 to 1,500 of these chips. This shortage has caused automakers to cut production of cars to divert chip production to higher-profit cars. Some automakers also build vehicles and park them until they can find the necessary chips.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing there real is no consequence if they show up late. All that does, is drive the demand even more the next year. And really, what are you options other than being pissed off? If you don't take the sled, and don't get your deposit back (in some cases) then they get sold 5 min later for retail ++ and only have to honor 1 year of warrantee. For the manufacturer it's a win win. For the dealer ship, they may lose a customer, but they gain one cause the guy that's getting a snow check is happy. Soooo, F$%k it. Just snow check every year and sell last year's model for what you paid for it.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing there real is no consequence if they show up late. All that does, is drive the demand even more the next year. And really, what are you options other than being pissed off? If you don't take the sled, and don't get your deposit back (in some cases) then they get sold 5 min later for retail ++ and only have to honor 1 year of warrantee. For the manufacturer it's a win win. For the dealer ship, they may lose a customer, but they gain one cause the guy that's getting a snow check is happy. Soooo, F$%k it. Just snow check every year and sell last year's model for what you paid for it.
To a point, but when they are so late that guys are not getting kms on them they might keep them another year and not order new. This could screw the manufacturers. Would shake things up if no-one snowchecked this Spring.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To a point, but when they are so late that guys are not getting kms on them they might keep them another year and not order new. This could screw the manufacturers. Would shake things up if no-one snowchecked this Spring.

ha, i think your underestimating the amount of goofs like me that snowcheck every year even if we had 50kms on it

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess you will still get the km on last year's model, just picking up the new one on a different date. If you are buying new each year. Seems the harder they are to get, the more people are wanting them. Last year, people were lined up and paid to get on a list just to get a chance at snow checking. Granted, it was a new release, and 15 extra HP. Things will likely change a bit when they are only releasing BNG.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess you will still get the km on last year's model, just picking up the new one on a different date. If you are buying new each year. Seems the harder they are to get, the more people are wanting them. Last year, people were lined up and paid to get on a list just to get a chance at snow checking. Granted, it was a new release, and 15 extra HP. Things will likely change a bit when they are only releasing BNG.
Sometimes BNG is worth more. By then the bugs are worked out.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we can B*tch and moan about late sleds all day long. End of the day, enjoy your time on your sled whenever you get it because it wont be long before we are sitting at the cabin eating granola waiting for our sleds to charge so we can go ride around in circles in a geofenced speed controlled area hooked to starlink.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we can B*tch and moan about late sleds all day long. End of the day, enjoy your time on your sled whenever you get it because it wont be long before we are sitting at the cabin eating granola waiting for our sleds to charge so we can go ride around in circles in a geofenced speed controlled area hooked to starlink.
That’s when I recommend you buy a 200 hp Harley and follow me with my laser jammer running. We can get a rush in a different way. Lol. They close the mountains I’m gonna tear the highways up year-round

Top Bottom