BRP delay

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being told end of November best case scenario.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stopped in to dealer yesterday. Didnt have a timeline yet for my expert non turbo. They have only recieved 4 sleds so far. Couple utility and couple kids.

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1665934179418.png

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much of a price adjustment is there on these sleds that haven't showed up yet?

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo still talking about a pandemic while most other industries are starting to catch up…
Well, things could always be worse. They could just not do anything like AC, or deliver sleds that have some serious issues with other components and not be able to ride them anyways.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has something changed that planned delivery for snow checks is now November/December?

Remember then being delivered in September/October as the norm.......

January delivery defeats the whole purpose of snow checking.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the intended delivery is supposed be by mid late October - Mid November. Now I think what they are saying is, they will be Mid Nov - December and into Jan for some. Last year most dealers didn't know what was coming until a week before they got them. One dealer got 300+ units on time, Soooo I guess a guy will have to wait to see how the cards are dealt this year. I wouldn't panic until, it's time to panic.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the intended delivery is supposed be by mid late October - Mid November. Now I think what they are saying is, they will be Mid Nov - December and into Jan for some. Last year most dealers didn't know what was coming until a week before they got them. One dealer got 300+ units on time, Soooo I guess a guy will have to wait to see how the cards are dealt this year. I wouldn't panic until, it's time to panic.
I always make trips end of nov early dec so these dates suck when they keep gettin pushed back i still have my 2020
Summit but jts nice to get the early trip
In and find any issues with the sled before its busy in season and u miss those valuable
Weekends with down time im just praying its not the same ch!t show as my 17 850 was really nervous about ordering one again

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im ok with the end of nov, First of Dec. It gets rid of the urge to play linemine roulette.
The weather is pretty nice at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad you couldn't check that box when ordering. As I'm sure some guys don't want their sled till mid to end of Dec, and some guys want them for Nov long. I know in the past, guys didn't want to pick theirs up till as late as possible as that's when the warrantee clock starts.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's too bad you couldn't check that box when ordering. As I'm sure some guys don't want their sled till mid to end of Dec, and some guys want them for Nov long. I know in the past, guys didn't want to pick theirs up till as late as possible as that's when the warrantee clock starts.
You can in a perfect world. Todays world is far from perfect however. There is a box to check on the snowcheck form to pick your delivery preference.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has something changed that planned delivery for snow checks is now November/December?

Remember then being delivered in September/October as the norm.......

January delivery defeats the whole purpose of snow checking.

Has something changed that planned delivery for snow checks is now November/December? yes, the entire world shut down for 24 months maybe you recall?

Remember then being delivered in September/October as the norm....... Never September, late October at best for mountain sleds pre pandemic.

January delivery defeats the whole purpose of snow checking. Why is that? Warranty doesn't start until you take delivery? It sucks but it doesn't defeat the purpose

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
January kinda does defeat the purpose as your putting money upfront to ensure you do get your order in a timely fashion, jan to me is a failure on brps end to supply the product after jan 15th thats when all the big rebates used to happen on the inseason models. Sled season is short enough as is u can defend brp all u want but mb they shoulda took less snow checks or atleast let the people no whos vins fall in jan to pull there money out and make a dif plan.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
January kinda does defeat the purpose as your putting money upfront to ensure you do get your order in a timely fashion, jan to me is a failure on brps end to supply the product after jan 15th thats when all the big rebates used to happen on the inseason models. Sled season is short enough as is u can defend brp all u want but mb they shoulda took less snow checks or atleast let the people no whos vins fall in jan to pull there money out and make a dif plan.

im not defending BRP, i am just reinforcing the fact that some folks clearly are not aware of what these manufacturers are dealing with. If you think polaris boosts wont be getting delivered in january aswell, your wrong

"jan 15th thats when all the big rebates used to happen on the inseason models" - keyword USED to, there is no rebates anymore, there is no inseason models anymore these are different times man. If you think your getting a rebate on an inseason model after january 15th your going to be sadly mistaken when you end up riding a wooden tobbogan from canadian tire. Those sleds dont exist and those rebates dont exist.

snow checking is ALOT different now, all it means is that if you want a 2023 model you'll get it between November and January. Otherwise your riding something else. all there is to it. So for us guys that want to ride the latest model, thats what we are left with sure it sucks but its the only option and that goes for all manufacturers. Putting your money down no longer means you'll get your order in a timely fashion, it just means you will get your order when you get your order LOL....thas it!

lets face it, if you "snowchecked" during or post pandemic you are lying to yourself if you thought there wouldn't be delays. NONE of the manufacturers made any delivery promises that's a fact.

another year or two and hopefully its back to normal.

Top Bottom