BRP delay

H-D

Reaction score
the way your talking about the sled prices its like you haven't noticed the increased prices on well....pretty much everything else. Its all out of control from groceries to pickup trucks. BRP did a pretty good job of not hitting us up for extra costs on our last years model 2022 orders and was very upfront about the price increase on the 2023. We also got a 15hp HP bump. is there a price for that? sure is. They should have bought a guy a jug of oil or something though if you got shorted a guage. I do think they could have done better there.

Your also not comparing apples to apples here. The new sleds are very very expensive but your talking about a product that just did not exist before, and quite frankly would cost more than 25k to build with zero warranty. For what we are getting its not far out of line. If you want to go order a Naturally aspirated machine and compare it to what a guy paid in 2017 for a G4 it hasn't increased that much.

You posting about how successful the company is and implying that because they made money they should lower their prices LOL. Sorry, not how the world works. Those profits pay for research, development, acquisitions to increase product lines and to ensure we are always getting top notch products. Take a look around the powersports industry, snowmobiles have to be one of the most innovative and ever changing of all of them. That takes CASH. Look at arctic cat. No 185hp turbo with warranty from them.

end of the day we can go back to 2017 and stay there if that's what you want with the prices you liked paying, Or we keep getting new and innovative products at an increased price. I'm sure there are lots of people on either side of the fence but judging by the sales numbers i would say the latter of the two is more popular. Not saying i dont want the sled prices to go down, like i do on eveything else, just saying the increased cost hasnt come without constant improvements. And you need a successful company to be able to do that. You could buy stock in BRP and then they would pay you dividends. That's about the only way your going to get any money back on a sled
Lol yeah ok. Buy BRP stock at a 0.744 dividend return HAHAHAHA ok. I'll be sure and take your advice.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorta what i thought too...

justifying a price increase with the additional HP gain, give me a break. They increased boost, not like they built a new motor here people!

clearly you did not read any of the literature on the new G4. They did not just increase the boost. That would be what the aftermarket, or perhaps Polaris would do.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clearly you did not read any of the literature on the new G4. They did not just increase the boost. That would be what the aftermarket, or perhaps Polaris would do.

so the new G5 is just a G4 chassis with new plastics and more boost but the same frame with addition of a motor mount!?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

New cylinder head, new injectors, and new airbox to make 15 more hp. That's cute. Oh and the important part turn up the boost.

Looks like they are fixing known issues instead.

Maybe they'll actually put a bigger direct injector in, so cranks live longer than 2000k.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the way your talking about the sled prices its like you haven't noticed the increased prices on well....pretty much everything else. Its all out of control from groceries to pickup trucks. BRP did a pretty good job of not hitting us up for extra costs on our last years model 2022 orders and was very upfront about the price increase on the 2023. We also got a 15hp HP bump. is there a price for that? sure is. They should have bought a guy a jug of oil or something though if you got shorted a guage. I do think they could have done better there.

Your also not comparing apples to apples here. The new sleds are very very expensive but your talking about a product that just did not exist before, and quite frankly would cost more than 25k to build with zero warranty. For what we are getting its not far out of line. If you want to go order a Naturally aspirated machine and compare it to what a guy paid in 2017 for a G4 it hasn't increased that much.

You posting about how successful the company is and implying that because they made money they should lower their prices LOL. Sorry, not how the world works. Those profits pay for research, development, acquisitions to increase product lines and to ensure we are always getting top notch products. Take a look around the powersports industry, snowmobiles have to be one of the most innovative and ever changing of all of them. That takes CASH. Look at arctic cat. No 185hp turbo with warranty from them.

end of the day we can go back to 2017 and stay there if that's what you want with the prices you liked paying, Or we keep getting new and innovative products at an increased price. I'm sure there are lots of people on either side of the fence but judging by the sales numbers i would say the latter of the two is more popular. Not saying i dont want the sled prices to go down, like i do on eveything else, just saying the increased cost hasnt come without constant improvements. And you need a successful company to be able to do that. You could buy stock in BRP and then they would pay you dividends. That's about the only way your going to get any money back on a sled
blah blah blah...we all expected a long winded "I love BRP Post".......say what you want because you're one of the sheep. Nothing more than BRP propaganda. You don't get to say "I want sled prices to go down" in 1 sentence and then suck off BRP in the next by saying "being a successful company takes money" and "Look how advanced they are.....". 135% revenue increase tells the story, they make a great sled, it doesn't take that kind of profit to be "successful" with a good product. They're just lucky that none of the other producers are as strong in sleds, or they'd be in trouble.

Stocks LOL - Do the math but you couldn't go out for lunch with that dividend cheque if you took your $25K and bought stocks instead. They jacked the price on products, made big profit, took that profit and used it for an SIB to buy back shares, cancelled them, and drove their own stock price up. You don't realize you paid them twice and you're still defending the price tag.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorta what i thought too...

justifying a price increase with the additional HP gain, give me a break. They increased boost, not like they built a new motor here people!
Exactly!!! Steady refinements all round but for all OEMs ....not like all of a sudden they dropped a 200 lb sled with 200hp running on water ....prices are getting quite insane ... How about referencing all the parts that are mostly unchanged in terms of components/ construction on the sleds for past 10 years ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly!!! Steady refinements all round but for all OEMs ....not like all of a sudden they dropped a 200 lb sled with 200hp running on water ....prices are getting quite insane ... How about referencing all the parts that are mostly unchanged in terms of components/ construction on the sleds for past 10 years ....

All the OEMS?

Yamaha - has nothing
Arctic cat - has nothing
Polaris - changed nothing besides their own crapppy fuel pump

Where are these steady refinements your speaking of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the OEMS?

Yamaha - has nothing
Arctic cat - has nothing
Polaris - changed nothing besides their own crapppy fuel pump

Where are these steady refinements your speaking of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wouldn't call yamaha's sidewinder nothing ...go suck back some more doolaid ... according to you brp is always innovating...still watching your belt temps?

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is every snowmobile thread seem to have someone talk about brp belt temps, maybe of all the ones I've rode with where just lucky for have seen lot's without belt temp issue and get a respectful life out of belt. imo I think one sled had issue and sociol media makes it sound like 100 sleds lol. Yes I do feel pricing is getting crazy and also feel if they schedule a delivery date and then don't make it should do something for the consumer but then vehicle dealers should also do that.imo.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't call yamaha's sidewinder nothing ...go suck back some more doolaid ... according to you brp is always innovating...still watching your belt temps?

Really the yamahahaha guys have a thread about mods to make those pigs ready for mountain riding and in the end the only original thing is the engine albeit with modifications.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is every snowmobile thread seem to have someone talk about brp belt temps, maybe of all the ones I've rode with where just lucky for have seen lot's without belt temp issue and get a respectful life out of belt. imo I think one sled had issue and sociol media makes it sound like 100 sleds lol. Yes I do feel pricing is getting crazy and also feel if they schedule a delivery date and then don't make it should do something for the consumer but then vehicle dealers should also do that.imo.

the belt fiasco is all they have to hold onto from 2008

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really the yamahahaha guys have a thread about mods to make those pigs ready for mountain riding and in the end the only original thing is the engine albeit with modifications.

You can ride the stock in the mountains, but who wants to do that?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guys with skidoo turbos
My brother's 2022 Tdoo has no where near the power of cousins Winder and its an easy flash to over 230hp that he has not done, still stock.
And yes I agree that doo has and is cooking belts since 2008, think innovation would have fixed that by now.....
I have a 2023 expert on order but tempted to keep the Poo for its stiff chassis and way better handling

Me thinks you're a closet drinker with double sugar.......

Top Bottom