BRP delay

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the new gauge a $1k touch? Did they refund that or just steal from you?
On sled I ordered it was almost a $2000 option which I didn’t take .
In saying that even the standard gauge it was suppose to come with was substituted for a smaller one in order to supply the sled .
Crazy times

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is that still the case currently though? 2-3 years ago forsure not so sure vehicle manufacturers would be doing anything to compensate you now. i have trucks arriving missing parts and not only are we being hit with the missing parts but also 1500-3000$ in random extra cost that was added from time of order by the manufacturer.
Simple for me I don't need any of it. Doesn't come the way I ordered it for agreed price I don't pick it up.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new 2021 skidoo gauge vs the original G4 gauge is not was not a optional upgrade for additional $$$$ I don’t think. Does anyone know what the difference in gauge functionality was? Other than the backlight Color, and some graphics. I have had sleds with both gauges, and am not really sure of the difference other than appearance.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new 2021 skidoo gauge vs the original G4 gauge is not was not a optional upgrade for additional $$$$ I don’t think. Does anyone know what the difference in gauge functionality was? Other than the backlight Color, and some graphics. I have had sleds with both gauges, and am not really sure of the difference other than appearance.
The 2021 has a mode and a set button vs. previous was one button. Functionality is the same. Shitty! I want to see temp and rpm on screen at same time. If 2021 gauge can do that I haven't figured it out but have only rode that one on and off the truck.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On sled I ordered it was almost a $2000 option which I didn’t take .
In saying that even the standard gauge it was suppose to come with was substituted for a smaller one in order to supply the sled .
Crazy times

Huh? 2021/2022 You can not order an expert turbo with one button gauge

There was only 2 gauges. A one button gauge or a two button gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2021 has a mode and a set button vs. previous was one button. Functionality is the same. Shitty! I want to see temp and rpm on screen at same time. If 2021 gauge can do that I haven't figured it out but have only rode that one on and off the truck.

yes the 2021 gauge can do temp and RPM. better yet you should be on belt temp and RPM

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you could only get the Freeride with the one button gauge. At least the 2 2022 FRs I installed trail techs on only had one button.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
only two button ‘22 summits I saw at a couple of different dealers were expert models. all the rest had single button gauges.

H-D

Reaction score
Two button gauges allowed for separate heat control of the grips and thumb.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo delivers cutting edge technology at a premium price.

1657147530610.png

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think some of the folks on this thread need to have their man-card reviewed. jeeezus. Don't pay for ch!t they aren't gonna give you. Getting the latest and greatest isn't worth bending over and taking it from behind (unless you prefer it that way, then you do you).

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hows your fuel pump
I thought there would have been a video from "the guy "out by now explaining how to get those tiny pre-paid, outdated gauges from Doo..... maybe be an app on the new Doo low function flat-screen that works next to a cell tower.

All brands have issues, let's wait till first week December to see how the supply chains pan out.

Or we can start the yearly brand war earlier than normal...................

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These conversations are funny...

2017: Launch of G4 - "Great! A minimal gauge. We don't need anything more! We never see it under snow on the dash anyways..."

2022: "We need a bigger gauge! We need more buttons on the gauge! More colors! More widgets!! We need to see every parameter all the time!"

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These conversations are funny...

2017: Launch of G4 - "Great! A minimal gauge. We don't need anything more! We never see it under snow on the dash anyways..."

2022: "We need a bigger gauge! We need more buttons on the gauge! More colors! More widgets!! We need to see every parameter all the time!"
And what changed in between? Doo riders didn't need a better gauge until the Polaris guys got one hahaha.

H-D

Reaction score
I don't give a f about the bigger gauge, my concern is the price tag. If it's no big deal for them to give the old gauge , then it also shouldn't be a big deal for them to give a discount for not giving the new one. The price of new sleds is out of control, and it's time for the consumer to say something about it. Yeah yeah I know, "don't buy it then". Problem is, nothing will change unless the consumer speaks up. Just like saving our riding areas. Swallow this and tell me you like the new sled prices.

BRP FULL YEAR 2021 HIGHLIGHTS

• Revenue increased 135% year-over-year to $567.3 million
  • Pro Forma Revenue(1) grew 69% year-over-year to $719.3 million
  • Organic Revenue Growth(2) was 22% year-over-year
  • “MGA of the Future” revenue grew organically 47% to $85.5 million
  • GAAP net loss of $58.1 million and GAAP loss per share of $0.64
  • Adjusted Net Income(3) grew 141% to $80.6 million, or $0.80(3) per fully diluted share
  • Adjusted EBITDA(4) grew 157% to $112.9 million
  • Adjusted EBITDA Margin(4) of 20%
  • Pro Forma Adjusted EBITDA(5) of $175.0 million and Pro Forma Adjusted EBITDA Margin(5) of 24%
  • Closed 16 Partner acquisitions during 2021 that generated total revenue(6) of approximately $206.2 million for the 12-month period pre-acquisition

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't give a f about the bigger gauge, my concern is the price tag. If it's no big deal for them to give the old gauge , then it also shouldn't be a big deal for them to give a discount for not giving the new one. The price of new sleds is out of control, and it's time for the consumer to say something about it. Yeah yeah I know, "don't buy it then". Problem is, nothing will change unless the consumer speaks up. Just like saving our riding areas. Swallow this and tell me you like the new sled prices.

BRP FULL YEAR 2021 HIGHLIGHTS

• Revenue increased 135% year-over-year to $567.3 million
  • Pro Forma Revenue(1) grew 69% year-over-year to $719.3 million
  • Organic Revenue Growth(2) was 22% year-over-year
  • “MGA of the Future” revenue grew organically 47% to $85.5 million
  • GAAP net loss of $58.1 million and GAAP loss per share of $0.64
  • Adjusted Net Income(3) grew 141% to $80.6 million, or $0.80(3) per fully diluted share
  • Adjusted EBITDA(4) grew 157% to $112.9 million
  • Adjusted EBITDA Margin(4) of 20%
  • Pro Forma Adjusted EBITDA(5) of $175.0 million and Pro Forma Adjusted EBITDA Margin(5) of 24%
  • Closed 16 Partner acquisitions during 2021 that generated total revenue(6) of approximately $206.2 million for the 12-month period pre-acquisition

the way your talking about the sled prices its like you haven't noticed the increased prices on well....pretty much everything else. Its all out of control from groceries to pickup trucks. BRP did a pretty good job of not hitting us up for extra costs on our last years model 2022 orders and was very upfront about the price increase on the 2023. We also got a 15hp HP bump. is there a price for that? sure is. They should have bought a guy a jug of oil or something though if you got shorted a guage. I do think they could have done better there.

Your also not comparing apples to apples here. The new sleds are very very expensive but your talking about a product that just did not exist before, and quite frankly would cost more than 25k to build with zero warranty. For what we are getting its not far out of line. If you want to go order a Naturally aspirated machine and compare it to what a guy paid in 2017 for a G4 it hasn't increased that much.

You posting about how successful the company is and implying that because they made money they should lower their prices LOL. Sorry, not how the world works. Those profits pay for research, development, acquisitions to increase product lines and to ensure we are always getting top notch products. Take a look around the powersports industry, snowmobiles have to be one of the most innovative and ever changing of all of them. That takes CASH. Look at arctic cat. No 185hp turbo with warranty from them.

end of the day we can go back to 2017 and stay there if that's what you want with the prices you liked paying, Or we keep getting new and innovative products at an increased price. I'm sure there are lots of people on either side of the fence but judging by the sales numbers i would say the latter of the two is more popular. Not saying i dont want the sled prices to go down, like i do on eveything else, just saying the increased cost hasnt come without constant improvements. And you need a successful company to be able to do that. You could buy stock in BRP and then they would pay you dividends. That's about the only way your going to get any money back on a sled

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fyi

Attachments

• B184BC48-EAC0-4305-9DCD-C30ED342597A.png
    B184BC48-EAC0-4305-9DCD-C30ED342597A.png
    393.3 KB · Views: 127
Top Bottom