BRP delay

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in at Turple Bros today, and they have phuk all to sell besides a few dirt bikes and lawn mowers.

Edit: They do have a real pimpin fish pro seadoo if anyone is looking. Half tempted to buy it as an investment....

Last edited:

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it will get delivered. There isn't any documentation for delivery date guarantees unfortunately. With the pandemic they were letting people back out last year, that is now over. A good dealer would still give you your deposit back though. Even if you ordered it with a PRIDE wrap, they will still sell it.

This is a different market for any industry period. If your putting money down on a preorder your doing that because you want one whenever it arrives, not because you care if you get it November 1st. Because if you dont get your name on it your not getting one, ever. That goes for anything from snowmobiles to bulldozers.

If you told your sales person to guarantee you a delivery date, they just wouldn't take your deposit.
lol all I have is a text message and etransfer for deposit. No contract or price but I trust my sales guy, If he can get me one I will get it and price will be fair:)

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing I didn't flog my 17. Dealer will refund my $500 anyways if i choose to opt out

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has me thinking that I may hold on to my 2021 till I receive my new one. Currently my 2021 is at 17500 because I have 2700 km. But if these are not available the price of them goes up. Had a guy offer me 16k the other day, hung up the phone.
Definitely hold on to the current sled. Plenty of people sold before their new one arrived and missed some or all of the season.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the world is going to be a in a very different place when these new sleds arrive. Some will have resigned new mortgages, fuel costs & groceries will have set in.

Then they get the call about their new sled that is months late....I see dealer inventories growing.

Deposits are held by the manufacturer & they don't really care about personal problems.

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the world is going to be a in a very different when these new sleds arrive. Some will have resigned new mortgages, fuel costs & groceries will have set in.

Then they get the call about their new sled that is months late....I see dealer inventories growing.

Deposits are held by the manufacturer & they don't really care about personal problems.
I agree. A hard-core sledders average income used to be 60 to 100,000 per year. Give or take. The new “ poor “people will make $100,000 and still be broke.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the first time in 25 years i am sled less. Zero in the stable. I didn't get my machine until January last year and if i don't get it until January or later this year I'm going to survive. Im not going to complain because there's actually nothing I can do about it. Maybe try something different out. I hear cross country skiing is nice. I appreciate BRP being upfront about this and warning us way in advance. Hopefully the other manufacturer follows suit because its coming for them too. To be honest I'm not surprised. They have fought hard to beat this problem but unfortunately its bigger than BRP. Anyone that snow checked shouldn't be upset, this should not be a surprise. No promises were made. Your warranty doesn't start until you take delivery so hold on to your rigs until the new one shows. Chances are you'll get more money for it then anyway. Be prepared for a HOT used market come November/December. I ordered 3 trucks last june and just got informed they arent getting built at all so i mean there are worse circumstances. Sounds like they will fulfill the orders, and in these unprecedented times that's all we can hope for. I do feel for anyone that sold their machine already, puts you in a bad spot for sure. When you flip the flipper on 180hp all the worry about it being late will slowly fizzle away into the deep stuff.

Yeah, had the same thing with the 4 trucks that I ordered. 6 Months and no build date set, seriously doubt they'll get scheduled at this point as the order banks for 2023's will open in a few months. Snowchecks are similar and people have a right to be upset if they made the committment to drop $26K on a sled that now won't make it on time. What's the point of even having a snowcheck program if you can't meet the committment? Better off to simply build what you can and ship them out to dealers based on their allocations / sales volumes as they are built. Dealers can determine how they want to sell them.

IMO is the used market that's the wildcard and will be interesting. Seen some reasonable stuff out there, and also seen lots of crackheads still asking $26K for their 2021. Many people bought high and think they'll sell higher somehow. Only the desparate or foolish will be buying these overpriced sleds now that COVID disposable income is going to inflation and interest rate rises. The kicker is going to be where fuel prices go and how many people can actually afford this sport next year. Been sledding for over 30 years and love it with all my heart but never seen it this nuts. It might not be a bad year to just take it off if you are sledless. I was 100% going to upgrade and bowed out when fuel prices went up, just run my stuff 1 more year and buy an older sled to fix up to play around near home and not do very many away trips. Its easily between $500 - $1000 to go sledding for the weekend for lots of people if they are staying in a hotel etc. Drop $20-26K on top of that for a sled and its an extremely expensive sport, that's simply not sustainable for a lot of people anymore.

The chip shortage IS GOING TO CONTINUE! Several issues plaguing the industry are the shortage of neon gas (a huge portion of which comes from the Ukraine), as well as high fuel prices are now increasing demand for electric cars (EVs) which have a higher demand for chips. GM is no longer offering seat heaters in an effort to save chips, Ford is deleting the auto-start / stop for the same reason. Intel says there will be delays of chip production into AT LEAST 2023, which means the 2024 models will also have delays and even if they can make enough chips, they still need to meet existing production AND go back and retro-fit all the stuff they've shorted in the past 2 years (so they actually need even more than full production). Don't anticipate your new sled arriving until Jan / Feb of 2023. Expect that this same annoucement will be repeated for 2024 if you planned on snowchecking.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya its hard to get a truck from GM right now. had some on order for almost a year and looks like they might never show up...

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sat beside the local Ford dealer at a golf tournament yesterday having some cocktails after the golf was done. We started talking about his low inventory. I asked him how many chips are in a diesel one ton. He said depending how its outfitted for accessories it can be between 75-80. That number blew me away. No wonder there are shortages

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the first time in 25 years i am sled less. Zero in the stable. I didn't get my machine until January last year and if i don't get it until January or later this year I'm going to survive. Im not going to complain because there's actually nothing I can do about it. Maybe try something different out. I hear cross country skiing is nice. I appreciate BRP being upfront about this and warning us way in advance. Hopefully the other manufacturer follows suit because its coming for them too. To be honest I'm not surprised. They have fought hard to beat this problem but unfortunately its bigger than BRP. Anyone that snow checked shouldn't be upset, this should not be a surprise. No promises were made. Your warranty doesn't start until you take delivery so hold on to your rigs until the new one shows. Chances are you'll get more money for it then anyway. Be prepared for a HOT used market come November/December. I ordered 3 trucks last june and just got informed they arent getting built at all so i mean there are worse circumstances. Sounds like they will fulfill the orders, and in these unprecedented times that's all we can hope for. I do feel for anyone that sold their machine already, puts you in a bad spot for sure. When you flip the flipper on 180hp all the worry about it being late will slowly fizzle away into the deep stuff.
You can always get a Cat to get you through the dry spell.......... lol
I had no sled till mid January last year, survived, barely.
Not selling the Poo until the Doo PDI is complete this time.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With what has been posted about vehicles being delayed or no delivery (Maxwell,Lilduke posts) I can see the delay could be longer and only few sleds at a time. Rknight least has his old sled but for guys that sold there's already will any look at the rental companies or take half the season off?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody should be surprised by a delay.
Any complex equipment is suffering supply chain woes.
Chev, Ford , Doo, or any build brand is not in control of delivery time lines.
Just what the world is.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farm equipment is brutal as well cant even get tips for the drill there solid steel which makes no sense to me, also ag tires im certain common sizes are non existent

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just as long as the ambassadors all have their sleds for the early season everyone will be happy right? haha

🎃🎃🎃🎃

well, guys like dave and cody didnt get their sleds until WAY late last season. I expect it to be the same this year for them unfortunately. Sucks for them but customers would be pretty mad if theirs show up first.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, guys like dave and cody didnt get their sleds until WAY late last season. I expect it to be the same this year for them unfortunately. Sucks for them but customers would be pretty mad if theirs show up first.
I was joking. But people were all pissed last season because a certain guy was "flexing" his 20 new sleds on instagram and some people werent too impressed.

But ya i would expect paying customers to be a top priority.

Me i dont care, i have 2 sleds ready to ride. Maybe pick up a turbo if the right deal comes along. If not wont lose any sleep.

Top Bottom