Broken belt drive

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we will have to wait to see if it actually is a widespread problem. Could be a one off, or it could be a nightmare.

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah kh2110 ur so smart ,
is that what ur momy told u every day

ps , mabey u should fine more intellectual yanks to talk to
cuz my iPhone and me might say a thing or two here on this forum that might not be good enough for ur so called high intellectual grammar
lol
Ur a big wast of time

untill the day I get kicked off here

oh wow..........I can't make this **** up folks

If they are made out of differant types of material (aluminum / steel )They will react differantly to tempature an expand and contract unevenly
And the glue would have a hard time coping with the difference and let go
Ie : going from heated gayrage and then out side to -15 and then hiting hard throttle

LMAO..........how heated is your gayrage? Bwahahahahahahahah

Although I am not an engineer on glueing steel
Lol
Could this have a factor ??
Just a thought

You're not an engineer?.......Hmmmmm..........really?

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm actually wondering now how long till the first law suit is filed by someone unable to stop due to a broken belt and causing a crash........PEOPLE......SOMEONE IS GOING TO DIE! or at least get severely maimed

wow dude, you high?? how many sleds over the years have had chaincases? how many of those didnt have a rotor on the driveshaft and only the jackshaft?

and how many died because of it?

LOL

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is really that concerned about the rotor location and was also thinking about a drop and roll, CMX has the kit for you.
cmxds1.jpg
cmxds2.jpg
cmxds3.jpg

I believe it's $2500.

BM

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow dude, you high?? how many sleds over the years have had chaincases? how many of those didnt have a rotor on the driveshaft and only the jackshaft?

and how many died because of it?

LOL

Dude......it was a joke.......if you haven't got that by now, I can't help you

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do find it kind of funny.......I remember getting flamed last year about mentioning the fact that if the belt were to break......and now we have proof that it isn't indestructible as some led people to believe.....you have no way to stop!

great design putting the brake rotor on the jack shaft.......bwahahahahahah!!!!!!

If you want to make a good joke dude, more people than yourself have to get it!

Last edited:
Reactions: cs5

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to make a good joke dude, more people than yourself have to get it!

hahahhahahahaha...NOOOOO ch!t......

what ever he does...it shouldnt be stand up.

oldiermk

Reaction score
changed a quickdrive belt today. 18 miles. operator abuse. No hard throttle or brake input for 100 miles or 160 km or youre going to shred a belt.

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So on a good 80 mile day, keeping in mind that IF the glue holds, how many belts is a guy going to need per day ?

you left out IF

and I'm guessing 80 miles is going to be a stretch for 1 belt

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you left out IF

and I'm guessing 80 miles is going to be a stretch for 1 belt

Confusion above about the belt and the drive shaft.. I believe the dude that just blew the belt in 18 miles understood he didn't follow any procedure recommended by Polaris (which is why he put operator error). If you bought a condom and popped a hole in it then got an AIDS baby would you go back to Trojan and expect an explanation on your misuse of the product.. Doubtful

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Confusion above about the belt and the drive shaft.. I believe the dude that just blew the belt in 18 miles understood he didn't follow any procedure recommended by Polaris (which is why he put operator error). If you bought a condom and popped a hole in it then got an AIDS baby would you go back to Trojan and expect an explanation on your misuse of the product.. Doubtful
I think they may have dropped the ball by not adding a tensioner.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, if you blow a belt waaaay back in the mountains, either you are going to putz around for 100 miles till you can climb out of that bowl, or even if your belt shreds in a safe place, your weekend is hooped, because you have to ride like a grampa for the rest of the weekend..

That makes no sense. I call B.S.

changed a quickdrive belt today. 18 miles. operator abuse. No hard throttle or brake input for 100 miles or 160 km or youre going to shred a belt.

KH2110

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Koolaid tastes best cold......

ride it like you stole it from day one and never look back........only real way a sled should be broken in............bwahahahahahahahaha.....unless its a 2013 pro. Then you have to follow the procedure and checklist of what not to do and what to do and how to do it........yah right. This chit is going to be an epidemic!!! the writing is on the wall........greatest failure of 2013......could polaris outdo themselves over the whole 900 fiasco?

Last edited:

Graveler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
koolaid tastes best cold......

Ride it like you stole it from day one and never look back........only real way a sled should be broken in............bwahahahahahahahaha.....unless its a 2013 pro. Then you have to follow the procedure and checklist of what not to do and what to do and how to do it........yah right. This chit is going to be an epidemic!!! The writing is on the wall........greatest failure of 2013......could polaris outdo themselves over the whole 900 fiasco?

yes.....

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "ride it like you stole it" breakin has never been proven for a 2-stroke like it has for a 4-stroke.

The guys that do this haven't had issues, maybe some have, and the guys that do the normal procedure also haven't had issues, some have. I'm more worried about the break-in overall, belts, etc than guessing if I get 1 extra HP.. 2.. who knows if it even does this..

Top Bottom