Brian Jean

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i suspect Kenney will not go down easy, he’ll let Nothead win rather than loose his himself, not sure if it’s a caucus vote for his leadership or a membership vote? I would like to see Jason Nixon take a run at him.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He should have been the leader instead of Kenny. He would of handle this covid thing better than kenny but then again just about anyone would have done better.
I don't think Kenny will step down with out a fight.

I think that for a conservative leader regardless of location you were screwed. Restrict people and business right lose there minds don’t do anything left lose there minds. Left had it easy stay home here’s money problem solved. Right had to navigate the knifes edge go back on there word as things changed all around a mess.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The UCP will likely lose to the NDP if Kenney remains leader for the next election.
That was my point
So if Kenny is still the leader and and people will not vote for him you are giving the ndp your vote

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that for a conservative leader regardless of location you were screwed. Restrict people and business right lose there minds don’t do anything left lose there minds. Left had it easy stay home here’s money problem solved. Right had to navigate the knifes edge go back on there word as things changed all around a mess.

Yep
NDP want it like Australia. Everything locked down

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was my point
So if Kenny is still the leader and and people will not vote for him you are giving the ndp your vote

Yup, that's pretty much the choice. I'll begrudgingly vote for Kenney again if that's the choice, but the grass on this side ain't nearly as green as it used to be.

Time will tell, if the UCP doesn't find a new leader in advance of the next election you will see a lot of Orange seats in Calgary and Edmonton, the question is will it be enough for Notley to return as Premier?

The UCP have allowed themselves to be painted as arrogant, out of touch elitists, and unfortunately the current scandals don't help this image. It really isn't much of a leap for the media to dredge up Redford's baggage to add to the dumpster fire. Brian Jean could be a way to step beyond this and use an outside figurehead to regain some trust in voters.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A month and a week. PC's had 43.97% of the vote, Wildrose had 34.28%.

I think people should have a look at the careers of Kenney vs Jean and see the stark differences. Jean has a Bachelor of Science Degree, Law Degree and Masters of Business Degree, and has actually worked in a field outside of politics, including hospital foundations and non-profits and his political stance has remained mostly unchanged over his career. Kenney is a college dropout (in philosophy of all things), and is a political whore renting himself out to whatever cause of the day might hire him, including the Saskatchewan Liberal Party, and flip flops his ideals to suit whatever the narrative is of the day, his recent policies on Covid demonstrate this is still true.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A month and a week. PC's had 43.97% of the vote, Wildrose had 34.28%.

I think people should have a look at the careers of Kenney vs Jean and see the stark differences. Jean has a Bachelor of Science Degree, Law Degree and Masters of Business Degree, and has actually worked in a field outside of politics, including hospital foundations and non-profits and his political stance has remained mostly unchanged over his career. Kenney is a college dropout (in philosophy of all things), and is a political whore renting himself out to whatever cause of the day might hire him, including the Saskatchewan Liberal Party, and flip flops his ideals to suit whatever the narrative is of the day, his recent policies on Covid demonstrate this is still true.

The big problem I see with Jean is he picked up and left after losing. Had he lost the leadership race and stayed on in the party and waited for the next chance then obviously yes. But leaving and trying to come back will be near impossible. I think he would make a good leader, I just don't see it happening now.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big problem I see with Jean is he picked up and left after losing. Had he lost the leadership race and stayed on in the party and waited for the next chance then obviously yes. But leaving and trying to come back will be near impossible. I think he would make a good leader, I just don't see it happening now.

That's definitely a possibility, how much of that was his doing and how much was him being pushed from the party is something the public will also never know, he did also loose his son and later his house in the Ft Mac fire and that may have played a role in that decision. He has also been quoted as saying he was "disgusted" by Alberta politics at the time, so I'm tempted to believe may have felt cheated with the leadership race.

After the UCP leadership race it was alleged interference took place by Jeff Callaway who was also running for leadership, it was believed he ran a kamikaze campaign against Jean favoring Kenney. The Alberta Election Commissioner even levied $200,000 in fines against the UCP in relation to this. The election commissioner was later fired by Kenney, the fine dropped, and the issue swept under the rug. It's also interesting to note that the only 2 UCP members kicked from caucus were also former Wildrose members. Really isn't hard to see that the PC party just wanted to absorb the Wildrose Party and then continue business as usual.

It'll be interesting to see what happens anyway, hopefully it gets resolved before the election happens because it could really turn into a sh!tshow and a lot of the UCP dirty laundry might be aired for the public to see, and only the NDP benefit if that happens.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well to be fair look at what he went through from loosing his house in the fort mac fire to being the leader of a party and loosing it after a merger.
I think there is nothing wrong with taking a break.
He delivered a rock solid interview during the Fort Mac fire, he even admitted his house was lost during the interview.

mtnluvr

Reaction score
Kenney is going to ride this pandemic mess out and then “step aside”. This will leave the new leader a somewhat clean slate to run on for the next election. Kenney won’t fight it for a minute .

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would take integrity and a back bone, something I don’t think he has. Like Brian but not sure if he is strong enough.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kenney is going to ride this pandemic mess out and then “step aside”. This will leave the new leader a somewhat clean slate to run on for the next election. Kenney won’t fight it for a minute .
I sure hope so
That would be best cast scenario

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do members think of Derek Fildebrandt? I think he would have been good for Alberta, just putting it out there.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do members think of Derek Fildebrandt? I think he would have been good for Alberta, just putting it out there.

Political suicide for any party that wanted to run him as a candidate.

Some of his notable moments:

Suspended by Brian Jean from the Wildrose. Suspended from the UCP by Kenney.

Hit and run, denied it and claimed it wasn't him, convicted in a court of law.

Rented out his apartment on Airbnb that the taxpayer was already footing the bill for through his housing allowance.

Hunting and killing a deer on private land without permission, charged under the trespassing act and the wildlife act. Donated the deer to the food bank.

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Political suicide for any party that wanted to run him as a candidate.

Some of his notable moments:

Suspended by Brian Jean from the Wildrose. Suspended from the UCP by Kenney.

Hit and run, denied it and claimed it wasn't him, convicted in a court of law.

Rented out his apartment on Airbnb that the taxpayer was already footing the bill for through his housing allowance.

Hunting and killing a deer on private land without permission, charged under the trespassing act and the wildlife act. Donated the deer to the food bank.
Why should conservatives be expected to run so clean when the left are a pile of degenerates

Top Bottom