Box Canyon

BigJim34

Reaction score
Hi All
I am new to the site and was hoping to find out some information about Box Canyon in the Cadomin area I was hoping to go quading up there sept 18. Where is the trail head at compared to the ruby falls trail head? I assume it is north on the forestry trunk road. I am fairly familiar with the area. We are taking my brother and his 10 year old son who will be doubling on his quad. Is it a challenging trail or is it okay to take a youngster up there. How long of a ride in and out?

Thanks for any help that can be provided

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the trail to box canyon is north up the cardinal river road from the ruby falls trail head at the whitehorse creek kiosk which is just as you start to climb the hill up to the cardinal divide you can't miss it

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I am new to the site and was hoping to find out some information about Box Canyon in the Cadomin area I was hoping to go quading up there sept 18. Where is the trail head at compared to the ruby falls trail head? I assume it is north on the forestry trunk road. I am fairly familiar with the area. We are taking my brother and his 10 year old son who will be doubling on his quad. Is it a challenging trail or is it okay to take a youngster up there. How long of a ride in and out?

Thanks for any help that can be provided

If you care to PM me you e-mail address I will send you picture/jpg of the area .

Bruce.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the trailhead to the end of the canyon is about 10k. Real easy riding,quite scenic. Gotta stay on the trail though.

Top Bottom