Booze on the trail

RCMP DAD

Reaction score
Both my sled and wife's sled have decal's on them saying ZERO TOLERANCE and i live by it. When it comes to booze i have been well known to voice my thoughts to ALL in groups before a ride and many times not been very popular. 99% of the time people go by what i say in groups i find my self riding with, just to avoid the wrath. There are people on this site that have riden with me and know my tolerance.
I have never been known for popularity and don't give a rip, you don't like it, then leave. Most everyone have no issues with it.
Though i have no problem with those who choose to have a beer on the trail during a lunch break.
I also in the same frame of mind with drug's, including pot.

Well said Lund.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only ride the trail to access the good stuff, I never bring beers as it dehydrates you, so I bring water.

Plus its not a good idea to be half corked when ur riding the places I like to go.

But if a guy wants to have a couple pops and tour around I couln't care less.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I only ride the trail to access the good stuff, I never bring beers as it dehydrates you, so I bring water.

Plus its not a good idea to be half corked when ur riding the places I like to go.

But if a guy wants to have a couple pops and tour around I couln't care less.

The dehydration thing is a nasty rumor started by the anti-beer pro-water coalition....everyone knows that...

AND I'd have to be more than 1/2 corked to ride the areas you do

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site RCMP dad, I think for the most part people are responsible, but there are the odd few that tend to give the rest a bad name. When I ride I pack two beer tops cause its the most I'd want to pack around anyways. If your in the Sundre area looking for people to ride with shoot me a message. And if you had anything to do with the arrest of those 3 guys that were stealing trucks and armed robbery's kuddo's to you!

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably one of those guys who is against packing beer...... not drinking it....just packing it

^this^ is so true lol.

I like to have a few... Nothing wrong with a few, but too many while riding isn't an option anymore, especially in the mountains. Hard lessons learned by yours truly and escaped with my life more than once. I can wait now til we get back if I'm gonna cut loose... And always pack out your trash.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we see people in the parking lot at 9 in the morning having one before they start.[/QUOTE said:
You cant drink all day if you dont start in the morning :)

Nobody in our group drinks on the hill. We always have them on ice in the trailer and may drink one while we load up but generally the **** show starts once we reach the hotel. I wouldnt ride with anyone thats impaired the same way I wouldnt ride in a vehicle with them driving.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
I really don't care what anyone is drinking, be it beer, soda, energy drink, whatever... if you don't have the respect to pack out what you pack in then you don't deserve to be able to use the area.. Nature is not your garbage can...

I personally like to pack a couple beers, and when I have one crush the can and pack it away..

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both my sled and wife's sled have decal's on them saying ZERO TOLERANCE and i live by it. When it comes to booze i have been well known to voice my thoughts to ALL in groups before a ride and many times not been very popular. 99% of the time people go by what i say in groups i find my self riding with, just to avoid the wrath. There are people on this site that have riden with me and know my tolerance.
I have never been known for popularity and don't give a rip, you don't like it, then leave. Most everyone have no issues with it.
Though i have no problem with those who choose to have a beer on the trail during a lunch break.
I also in the same frame of mind with drug's, including pot.

Does this apply to Overpayed Alberta oilfield workers as well.........

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time out riding I picked up a blown belt in pieces, beer cans, a solo cups, and bar wrappers all within 5 minutes of riding at Clemina. Drives me nuts. Its not just beer cans. If they pack a spare belt in why cant they pack a blown belt out?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you guys are picking up all the cans etc, Guess i can just throw mine out, i don't like to be weighed down, Friggin aluminum cans are heavy. Lol

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The issue of trash and cans seems to be happening all over.

We ride the creek by Wetaskwin and each ride we collect cans, bottles and trash along the way.

Not sure why it's so difficult to pack it back out.

If they would leave nice cold not frozen beer that would be ok.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, seems to becoming a bigger problem all the time, Seems i bring back more cans , garbage and trash than i leave to go on a ride, Seems to be becoming the norm not the exception

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, seems to becoming a bigger problem all the time, Seems i bring back more cans , garbage and trash than i leave to go on a ride, Seems to be becoming the norm not the exception

This year I will bring some larger trash bags and clean as we go.

Top Bottom