BLUE JEWEL / BLUE RIVER UPDATES and CONDITIONS

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Hey by the way Thanks Bill for the " Q & A "......

I think that the Powder Packers have done a Bang up Job with Grooming this Year

If anybody has any questions please feel free to ask !

We have been working hard on getting a bridge put back that crosses the Blue River and We are VERY Close to that becoming a reality !

It has been approved that YES they will put back the Bridge that was washed away Years ago due to a Ice Jam....

I hope to see that Bridge put in this Year !! Keep Your fingers crossed !

Stay Tuned more to come !

Last edited:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it wont make any one happy but i belive that at one point all areas should be member only. First off it would give the clubs the numbers needed to have a voice.. it would generate much needed capital for improvements and expansion. Members would sign in to each area they ride in , if membership numbers were posted ,on the sleds other members would be able to selfpolice areas. NO membership NO access. if your caught out of bounds then your membership is revoked

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it would be a police state (snowmobileing areas) ,almost like a high priced golf course. Y does it work in McBride,Valemount ,Revey ,
Golden... with trail passes ?? and Not in BlueRiver??????????

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think any true sledder has a problem paying for a trail pass or better a season pass, this would cover the trails in that area and help to fund the clubs who maintain the trails.

By the way. my first trip to Blue was in december, and its awesome course snow is down this year. but it is every year.. The T&T Power Sports easter ride will be there this year were all stoked.... and i would be happy to make a donation to the club....

Terry

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is happening in blue it part due to the very close proximity to MW heli sking and the intense caribou clousers in the area. Belive me the status quo will not last.if the constant intrusion to closed areas continues it will only be a short time till everything is shutdown.
As far as a police state goes, if we are unable to police ourselves it will be done for us.
If you think we have rights and it cant be closed think again, look at a map most of the backcountry already is.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.... and i would be happy to make a donation to the club....

Terry[/QUOTE]

Thats awsome terry, and its time that us customers start supporting the dealers that support the clubs

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!

The Boys are off the Mountain and......

2-3 Feet of POW !!!!

Yup 2-3 FEET ......Ya gotta LOVE that !!

Yahoooooooooooo !!

Dinner Bell ringing I will Post more later !!

Stay Tuned !!......

shellnekov

Reaction score
A membership is not required to ride in Blue River other than in the 3 managed areas. It would be great to have 500 members and $25000. The voice we would have when dealing with government would be enhanced. We have a number of projects that we would love to do if we had funds, Improved access for a number of areas Salmon Ground Hog the North Blue, Parking lot expansions, Cabins in most areas, a proper bridge crossing etc. I assure you that every penny collected is reinvested in trying to improve the sledding experience. By the way there is no set number of riders for the member areas as I said in my last post we just needed a way of controlling and providing the information for these areas, As of today I think we have around 60-70 members and BCSF gets a portion of the $50.00 around $16.00 I think.

Good questions thanks
Bill

Thanks for the reply, I see your point. Although if I was a future BRPP member who bought specifically to ride 3 members only areas, I would be dissapointed to see a fair amount my dollars going to area improvements where membership is not needed. Would seem like the members of these 3 areas would be footing the bill for improvements in areas where people dont have to pay and still enjoy the benefits. Your thoughts?

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I see your point. Although if I was a future BRPP member who bought specifically to ride 3 members only areas, I would be dissapointed to see a fair amount my dollars going to area improvements where membership is not needed. Would seem like the members of these 3 areas would be footing the bill for improvements in areas where people dont have to pay and still enjoy the benefits. Your thoughts?

You cant look at your 50 dollars going towards just improvements in any specific areas in general, you need to think of it as ensuring you have any area to ride in at all, in the future. We really need to support these groups in order to enjoy this sport, regardless of if we ride in any specific areas or not.

shellnekov

Reaction score
You cant look at your 50 dollars going towards just improvements in any specific areas in general, you need to think of it as ensuring you have any area to ride in at all, in the future. We really need to support these groups in order to enjoy this sport, regardless of if we ride in any specific areas or not.

So according to your post, all need to support regardless of if we ride in the specific areas or not. Thats my point, those who dont will not be supporting. Only those who do. All pay to play. The members will be ensuring ridings areas for the future while many many others ride for free. Too many inequities. I would have a hard time convincing my group to get memberships when there are free areas.

ajay

Reaction score
One point that I don't see mentioned is the community support factors that sledders from outside the areas bring in economically and it seems like there is more restrictions put on them. This is no different in my mind than ski areas. You would think that everything possible would be done to entice peeps to come to your town(area) so the communities can bennifit from the $$ spent and support the economy. I wonder what some of the areas would be like if NO sledders showed up from november to april. Maybe a bit off topic but if you want peeps to keep comming to your area and spend their money there; wouldn't you give them something to keep them coming,,,maybe some of the best riding and memories? Prob get bashed for this one:confused:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So according to your post, all need to support regardless of if we ride in the specific areas or not. Thats my point, those who dont will not be supporting. Only those who do. All pay to play. The members will be ensuring ridings areas for the future while many many others ride for free. Too many inequities. I would have a hard time convincing my group to get memberships when there are free areas.

Yes, that is exactly what i am saying. The fees dont just go to specific areas, they support the whole system. So why should a non payer get to ride the same areas that i support when my fees are paying for the maintenance. I have been paying for years, not always for the area i might ride in on any given weekend, but always support the areas i ride in the most. So you want to ride in areas that are paid by people who do pay? You are the guy you are complaining about. Pay the user fees and get your buddies to pay, it is no different than taking out your own garbage. You are reponsible for you.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ok.....

....WOW.....

Back to updates for Thursday.... !

Current Temp. in the Valley Bottom is +1.2C. Overcast

Looks like it is Snowing up Top !

We are expecting Snow for the next few days.....

The Guys were in 2-3 Feet of Powder Yesterday !

I will report back again later when they get off the Mountain !

POW-WOW will be out tomorrow and will be taking Pics sooo Stay tuned for that !!

I am trying to figure out how to limit the # of People staying in Valemount Sledding Blue River .....

Maybe show Your room receipts or We can Stamp Blue River on you.....

We need to Limit that as We are being over run with to many Peep's from Valemount that think it is funny to go out of bounds .....Some don't really care... about what is going on here as I have talked with some of them and they just don't care !!

I think if You are staying in Valemount...then stay there and Sled there !

I don't ever hear Oh We are staying in Blue River so lets Sled Valemount ....I have never heard anyone doing that !!

Blue River needs those Tourism dollars here !!

Yes I know this is a FREE Country but hey....lets HELP Blue River first .

Show Your Stamp or receipt where You are staying, and then We can Manage the #'s better .

I hear that everyday from the Sledders staying in Blue ..." Holy a lot of people staying in Valemount are here in Blue and sometimes running a muck and going out of bounds...NOT FUNNY !

I heard a few of them saying We sledded in the Park !....Lovely...

I LOVE ALL Sledders but there are a few Rotten Eggs where ever You go !

You ALL want to Help Blue River then book into Blue River We have a lot of rooms here !

The Holy Smoke Inn , Blue Jewel Cabins , Glacier , Sandman , Bone Creek Cabins ,Blue River Motel , also there are a few other People that have their Homes open for Business , also there are a few empty places for rent here by the month.....

So as You can see Blue River has a lot of Rooms available.....

Hey don't shoot Me for Posting this 98% of People in Blue River feel this way....

YAHOOOOOOOO Snowing lightly in BLUE !!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !....

Pretty Strong South Wind blowing here.....

Darn Sun came out and now We are sitting at +4.3C. Sunny / Cloudy....

Lets hope that the Wind is blowing in some Precip. !!!

Stay Tuned more to come !!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy Patti that seems pretty harsh. Iam sorry i dont stay in blue as it just makes no sense for me although we almost always buy our fuel and snacks there and most often eat before we leave town. I WISH I had a place in blue but there really wasnt anything when i was looking.
I always pay more than my share for passes and have written numerours letters and emails to dana foster, mike weigle and the MOE on behalf of blue river and the sledding community. I know its a drop in the bucket compared to you guys out there, but i do what i can.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Scotts ...

I know it IS Pretty Harsh...sorry

I am VERY Grateful for what You do for Blue River and it is MORE than a drop in the Bucket it really HELPS !.....Thank You !

I am just looking at the BIG Picture.....If We are looking for Low Impact ....We have to start somewhere....

Maybe I am wrong to say that but I sure hear a lot of People saying that to Us !

sorry but if it comes right down to that and there is members staying here and We have to turn them away because of Low Impact how do You say nope reached Our limit today ....Guests of Valemount got here first.....then what ??

Hummm.....sorry ....what would You do in Our situation if it comes right down to limiting the # of Peep's in a area ??

I would love to see solution to this please HELP ! ( In case it ever comes to that. )

I really hope not....

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I,ve been saying all along the only soultion is to go to a members only status.if you dont have a membership you dont ride,end of story. Members would log into the areas they ride in so you know who is where and when. Members would have their numbers on their sleds so if someone rides out of bounds others can see who it is, not just some dude behind a helmet. Two or more infractions and your membership is revoked.
Keep in mind that you have been a nonstop blue river premotor to try to bring in customers. you wanted blue to be busy, well my dear, now it is.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scotts ...

I know it IS Pretty Harsh...sorry

I am VERY Grateful for what You do for Blue River and it is MORE than a drop in the Bucket it really HELPS !.....Thank You !

I am just looking at the BIG Picture.....If We are looking for Low Impact ....We have to start somewhere....

Maybe I am wrong to say that but I sure hear a lot of People saying that to Us !

sorry but if it comes right down to that and there is members staying here and We have to turn them away because of Low Impact how do You say nope reached Our limit today ....Guests of Valemount got here first.....then what ??

Hummm.....sorry ....what would You do in Our situation if it comes right down to limiting the # of Peep's in a area ??

I would love to see solution to this please HELP ! ( In case it ever comes to that. )

I really hope not....

I sure won't go out of my way to support people who try to privatize my public land for thier benifit,too much like the Heli ski operators.I know.... you need money too.

Top Bottom