BLUE JEWEL / BLUE RIVER UPDATES and CONDITIONS

shawn800

Reaction score
well guys i come up from edmonton to ride and if it meant fifty to ride that powder that i had on the weekend so be it i agree if it wasnt for the clubs here we woould be in the same boat when i come up i pay the fifty now is that good for any where in blue or just foam

ajay

Reaction score
Yeah, that's fine and dandy if you ride one place only.... I ride 7 different areas in a season... and some memberships aren't 50 bone.

Yeh I agree, so I want to ride with my wife and 3 kids and you want me to pay $250????? Not likely.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are not all clubs associated with the BCSF in BC? If you buy a BCSF membership that should cover you for all areas. I agree we should support the snowmobile clubs in the areas we ride but............. If you ride 1 time in 3 areas , that is alot of money for 1 ride, especially with a group of 4 or more. I think the areas that are imposing this fee should perhaps post the costs associated with riding there area on a forum such as snow and mud.

Prince George has many areas closed for cariboo and it has not left much for riding area compared to previous years. Our club has put up a great fight and yes if we had more members we certainly would have a better chance of making a statement.

Rant fininshed

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was all sock in yesterday in salmon... i would post pics but left the camera at home but the guys that i was riding with have some pics so as soon as i get the pics from them i wil post ... doo have some kind of tree magnet in them(*!*@#) .... oh watch out for creeks (!#^&*).... tooo late hahahaha

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you got off your sled yesterday, how high was the snow up your leg?

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think the $50 is split between the BCSF and the local club. I also think that a BCSF membership[which is what it is] will allow you to ride on all he permit required trails in the province.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50 bucks is cheap if it will keep some of our riding areas open. You should support the clubs in the areas you ride in, regardless if you are a bcsf member. They are the ones fighting to keep some of the areas open for us. The more members they are representing, the more voice they have. Soon it will be all members only riding and your gonna hafta pay for a membership to ride anywhere. :PDT_bud::tearhairout:Get used to it!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
I am back !!!!!!!!!!!

Hey ...WOW....

My Happy Thread is taking a siit kicking !!....

I will explain everything right away !!

Ohhhhhh Nooooo here I COME !!.......LOL

Stay Tuned I have to set up the rest of My computer bear with Me please.....

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

I am back in Business !!!!!!!!!!

LOVE My New Computer !..." Windows 7 "....

I had NO Time to learn a MAC soooo I went with what I knew....

Ok.....POW-WOW has some GREAT Pics sooo bear with Me I will get them posted as soon as I can I have MEGA Emails soooo Hang in there !!

Oh Ya just so everyone knows.....

NOBODY has Exclusive Rights for any Crown land...not even MW !

I have the Gov't Document here I will be Quoting right from the Document so that it is Crystal Clear what is going on with The 3 Snowmobile Areas in question.....

These 3 Snowmobile Areas are NOT Closed !!!!!!!!!!

Gov't is looking for " Low Impact " on these Areas and have entered into agreement with the Powder Packers to " Manage " these areas and to make sure that there is " Low Impact "

It was a Club decision to ask people to join the Powder Packers so that they have some kind of # to work with so that they Can Manage these areas and to ensure " Low Impact "

I think that with this said bear with Me and I will quote from the document.....

Somebody jumped the Gun on this info. and maybe should have been worded a little different....

It's ALL Good .....

Soooooooooo Come to Blue River and Giver !!!!!!

Stay Tuned A LOT MORE TO COME !!......

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
I will be Posting the Snow coditions in Blue River !!

From the phone calls I have been getting .....

Blue River is the ONLY Place that has SNOW !!.....YAHOOOOOOOOO !!

I will show You ALL how deep it is !.....

Stay Tuned Pics to follow from March 6 2010.....

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
I will be Posting the Snow conditions in Blue River !!

From the phone calls I have been getting .....

Blue River is the ONLY Place that has SNOW !!.....YAHOOOOOOOOO !!

I will show You ALL how deep it is !.....

Stay Tuned Pics to follow from March 6 2010.....
Let Me rephrase that.....

Blue River HAD some Good Snow....

With a few Hundred Sledders in Blue River I think they found ALL that Good Snow !

Last edited:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ok .....Pics

As You can see there was some Virgin still but not so deep....

But Hey !.....They got to make their own tracks !!

Snow is in the forecast !!

Soooooo start Snow Dancin' !!

Yo ULAR .....Where are You ?.....

I have some more Pics stay tuned !.......

Attachments

• All Our Photos 545.jpg
    All Our Photos 545.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 44
  • All Our Photos 546.jpg
    All Our Photos 546.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 51
  • All Our Photos 547.jpg
    All Our Photos 547.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 39
  • All Our Photos 548.jpg
    All Our Photos 548.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 38

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

I am back in Business !!!!!!!!!!

LOVE My New Computer !..." Windows 7 "....

I had NO Time to learn a MAC soooo I went with what I knew....

Ok.....POW-WOW has some GREAT Pics sooo bear with Me I will get them posted as soon as I can I have MEGA Emails soooo Hang in there !!

Oh Ya just so everyone knows.....

NOBODY has Exclusive Rights for any Crown land...not even MW !

I have the Gov't Document here I will be Quoting right from the Document so that it is Crystal Clear what is going on with The 3 Snowmobile Areas in question.....

These 3 Snowmobile Areas are NOT Closed !!!!!!!!!!

Gov't is looking for " Low Impact " on these Areas and have entered into agreement with the Powder Packers to " Manage " these areas and to make sure that there is " Low Impact "

It was a Club decision to ask people to join the Powder Packers so that they have some kind of # to work with so that they Can Manage these areas and to ensure " Low Impact "

I think that with this said bear with Me and I will quote from the document.....

Somebody jumped the Gun on this info. and maybe should have been worded a little different....

It's ALL Good .....

Soooooooooo Come to Blue River and Giver !!!!!!

Stay Tuned A LOT MORE TO COME !!......
Helloooooo......From Blue River !

Holy Smokes We went down to -6C. last night......EXCELLENT !

Current Temp. in the Valley Bottom @2pm. is +4C. Overcast Very Grey Dull Day !

But I think ULAR will be coming to Blue River to meet up with the rest of the Snow Gods...

Blue River is Home to the Snow Gods.....LOL

I think Blue River has had a EXCELLENT Sled Season so far !

Lot's of Peep's running around Helping this little Village by Gracing Us with Your Presents...

After ALL....You Sledders is what is keeping Blue River from becoming a Ghost Town !

I THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH !

Soooo as You can see from what is being said about BRPP We need Your Help once again....

This Season is almost over now so I don't think they are expecting You to pay for a Membership right now as Your Membership Expires Oct 1 of every year.

Blue Jewel Tour's are exempt from this as We are a Commercial Operator.

BUT !.....We Buy Memberships every year !

Hey I understand that not everybody can pay out a extra 50 Bone ! I am sure that We ( BRPP ) can come up with some compromise ex. Familys with Teenagers ......that is something We need to sit down and look at what We can do for unique situations...

Soooo again the 3 Areas White River , Finger Bowls , and Foam Creek are NOT Closed !!

BRPP is going to try and manage Low Impact to Ensure that these Areas remain OPEN Now and in the Future.....

Nobody like Change but as You can see Blue River is starting to grow and with that comes Growing Pains !

BRPP is a pretty AWESOME Club to begin with.....just ask Me I am a Proud member of the BRPP....LOL

So hang in there good things to come .....

Remember..." Strength in Numbers " !!

With more Members it will allow the Club to grow and get Gov't Grants to maybe put Cabins in the Back Country , Search for more Areas around here that We haven't found YET !!

Hey .....I know write down Your concerns positive or negative and We can go from there !

We need a starting point in order to Finish these SMA'S and Find New ones to include !

BRPP ....Box 72 , Blue River B.C. V0E-1JO

By the way a unsigned letter will not count with BRPP.

If I can Help anybody with their concerns I will be more than happy to do so !

So once again come to Blue River as it is in the Top 3 NEW Destinations for the best Powder !!......STEEP & DEEP !

Last edited:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helloooooo......From Blue River !

Holy Smokes We went down to -6C. last night......EXCELLENT !

Current Temp. in the Valley Bottom @2pm. is +4C. Overcast Very Grey Dull Day !

But I think ULAR will be coming to Blue River to meet up with the rest of the Snow Gods...

Blue River is Home to the Snow Gods.....LOL

I think Blue River has had a EXCELLENT Sled Season so far !

Lot's of Peep's running around Helping this little Village by Gracing Us with Your Presents...

After ALL....You Sledders is what is keeping Blue River from becoming a Ghost Town !

I THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH !

Soooo as You can see from what is being said about BRPP We need Your Help once again....

This Season is almost over now so I don't think they are expecting You to pay for a Membership right now as Your Membership Expires Oct 1 of every year.

Blue Jewel Tour's are exempt from this as We are a Commercial Operator.

BUT !.....We Buy Memberships every year !

Hey I understand that not everybody can pay out a extra 50 Bone ! I am sure that We ( BRPP ) can come up with some compromise ex. Familys with Teenagers ......that is something We need to sit down and look at what We can do for unique situations...

Soooo again the 3 Areas White River , Finger Bowls , and Foam Creek are NOT Closed !!

BRPP is going to try and manage Low Impact to Ensure that these Areas remain OPEN Now and in the Future.....

Nobody like Change but as You can see Blue River is starting to grow and with that comes Growing Pains !

BRPP is a pretty AWESOME Club to begin with.....just ask Me I am a Proud member of the BRPP....LOL

So hang in there good things to come .....

Remember..." Strength in Numbers " !!

With more Members it will allow the Club to grow and get Gov't Grants to maybe put Cabins in the Back Country , Search for more Areas around here that We haven't found YET !!

Hey .....I know write down Your concerns positive or negative and We can go from there !

We need a starting point in order to Finish these SMA'S

BRPP ....Box 72 , Blue River B.C. V0E-1JO

By the way a unsigned letter will not count with Gov't.

If I can Help anybody with their concerns I will be more than happy to do so !

So once again come to Blue River as it is in the Top 3 NEW Destinations for the best Powder !!......STEEP & DEEP !

thanks again for the great weekend .... you will have too sell memberships to the peeps that stay with you ...

Top Bottom