BLUE JEWEL / BLUE RIVER UPDATES and CONDITIONS

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
You bet Sledlift !

I have not been to the recent meeting but I would like to go to the next meeting....

Somebody was saying maybe only 500 memberships so I think that since its just the Glacier & Holy Smoke Inn where the most Sledders stay I don't why We both can share 250 Memberships each ! Sounds Good to Me !!

I will keep You ALL Posted stay Tuned !.....

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet Sledlift !

I have not been to the recent meeting but I would like to go to the next meeting....

Somebody was saying maybe only 500 memberships so I think that since its just the Glacier & Holy Smoke Inn where the most Sledders stay I don't why We both can share 250 Memberships each ! Sounds Good to Me !!

I will keep You ALL Posted stay Tuned !.....

only 500 memberships wtf... there should not be a cap .... so if i become a member is there news letters or something

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
I'll try and explain this as I've spent a good portion of time and energy and my own cash to ensure that we can ride in blue River so I do know what I'm talking about. There is also hundreds of other individuls all over the province that have done the same for there respective areas. Without our dedication time, effort and expenses there would be no snowmobiling in BC period. When the SARCO caribou recovery program started 100% of BC was proposed closed to Sledding then we began to negotiate for area to ride and have ended up with SMA`s (sustainable Management Agreements) all over BC, BRPP signed ours in early January so thats when things took effect. One of the changes was members only areas and yes they are not legaly closed to sledding but in order to keep them this way we needed a tool to manage these. There where 2 options 1) post a person at the trail head a minimum of 3 days per week from November 15th until the end of the season. Who will pay this person? It just is not feasable to have 3 people at these areas to give information because no one is going to volinter for this someone would have to get paid and where does that money come from we already run a deficit every year, we are not alowed to groom these areas so there is no source of revenue from this. 2) Member only area this gives us the ability to get the information to the riders on a personal one on one basis it was a cheap and effective way to deal with this problem so we went with it and I hope every one can respect and support these decisions and I feel for the guy with the family that feels he can't afford to buy a membership but you still have other options to ride you don't have to buy the membership, Lifes not fair I want a lot of thing I cant afford to it doesn't mean I get them. To the guys that think they can ride where ever they please go ahead it just ----- it for the 99% who respect the rules. There is no perfect solution to this and belive me there is no BRPP consperisy to get cash out of you guys I wish things where like they used to be but there not so we are trying and need your support and suggestions what we don't need is to get bashed it's hard to s keep going if there is not a sense of support from every one. I hope this clears things up and things will probably change again as we try and work through this.

Thanks for your support
Bill Karas

Last edited by a moderator:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Excellent Bill !

I know what You mean....Robin & I have worked tirelessly in favor of the BRPP for Years now....

I have Volunteered for BRPP for 15 Years and Robin has been there for 30 Years or more

Robin & I had to focus on Our Business as We are just the 2 of us ! so We haven't been as active as We would like to be with the Powder Packers but We are still working hard behind the scenes ....

Robin was out with another member working hard to break and build trail for the Poker run We also donated Hoodies for prizes.

I still Volunteer For Ladies Aux., Branch 213, Community when needed , Blue River / Avola Tourism Group , Services Committee, BRPP, and I LOVE every minute of it !!

Not blowing My own horn about Volunteering I just thought I would let You ALL know that Robin & I are VERY Active in this Community Volunteering and contributing as much as We possibly can at this time......

Blue Jewel Buy's all the food for the Legion Lounge downstairs as I can no longer be on My feet that long so We do what We can to contribute there

I have worked along side Bill for many Years( also His brother before Bill took over the Glacier ) on many different Committees ......We have concurred many Gov't together and had Gov't change their mind .....which is unprecedented for B.C. Gov't ....BUT Together with everyone little ole Blue River took on Goliath and Won !! It was spectacular moment in time and will go down in History fore sure !

I am VERY Proud of that !

I also agree with Bill on Bashing People.....IT MUST STOP HERE AND NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

There are only 150-200 Peep's that live here sooooo You know it is like anywhere else it's seems like it is the same people that do ALL the work !! So the more ...the merrier !!

I am looking forward to Working with everyone in this little Village for many Years to come as I am VERY Passionate about Blue River and ALL its People. !

This Season will be winding down soon and I only see Bigger and Better things to come !

Sooooooo Yahooooooo Great things will happen in BLUE !

Ok......I hope this info. was Helpful to You ALL !

Blue River THANKS YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT !

Stay Tuned for Updates !

Thanks Bill for explaining that for everyone !!

Now lets stick together and make this the #1 Snowmobile Destination for 2011 !!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Oh Ya one more thing !!!

THANK GOD for that GROOMER !!......We are NOT getting any younger !....LOL

Steve is doing a AWESOME Job I have had VERY Positive feedback and they ALL LOVE IT !!

Steve.....You have 100 % of Our Support ! Keep up the Great work !

Look for a Donation from Blue Jewel Robin will deliver it.

It's that Groomer and ALL of Our Help We can become the # 1 Snowmobile Destination !

Thanks A Million ! Great work !

I have had nothing but positive People liking that Groomed Trail !

I know they really LOVE the Drag they are saying ...EXCELLENT !

Thanks Steve !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
One more thing......

There is NOBODY better than anybody here in Blue River !!

We are ALL the same and VERY Valuable to this little Village !

The only " Rivalry " We should have.... should be with another Community on some sort of contest maybe.....( just a thought )

There should NOT be any division of any kind here as We ALL need each other in order for this Little Village to SHINE !

Ok......I am done....I just want to get along with everyone even if We Agree to Disagree at least there is good constructive conversation happening !!

Lexy.....Robin told Me He has Not Paid Our memberships yet...Oh Lovely...He WILL BE there tomorrow ! Great here I am making a speech and We are not Paid yet siit....opp's sorry .....that will be fixed tomorrow.

I hope to have Membership 's for Sale at the Holy Smoke Inn for the 2010/2011 Season

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey coming too see you guys! how are the roads? be there tuesday after we ride, not sure where we are going to ride yet, thats what the 6 hrs drive is for cheers,:beer::beer:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Hey Tmix !!

POW-WOW had to Plow Plow Plow up at the North End this morning !!

He said about a good 8 " foresure at Clemina !!

There is a STIFF North Wind blowing here in Blue right now I see the odd flake starting to fall....

We have dropped 5 degrees in the last hour !!! HOLY SMOKE !

Current Temp. @ 1:30pm is 0 C.

I can see that the trees are all white again ! Soooooo.....WE GOT some fresh stuff !!

Not sure how much fell up top .....I have sledders coming in tomorrow so I can let You all know then !!!

Come on ULAR.... Make ...MY ...DAY !....LOL

Stay tuned for more to come !!

newfiedoo

Reaction score
:clapping::clapping::clapping:welcome back pattie....thanks for the great time again this year ..all the boys had a great time and a big thank you to everyone in blue for all the hard work you guys do to keep snowmobiling alive....a few of the guys will be back this weekend i cant make it ....WORKING...hope to see you all soon...thanks again..:beer::beer:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ok.....

Last thing I promise!....LOL

I also know about 15-20 People that do as much as I do and MORE !!

There I am done now....

Last edited:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ok Current Update !

Still a North Wind Blowing out there.....

Current Temp. @ 7pm. is -1.2 and fallinh fairly fast whoa....

The Roads should be good to go these boy's look after the Hi-Way pretty darn good !!

It smelles like there is Snow in the air !.....

Weather just said Snow for the next few days in the North Thompson !.....Ok...I sure hope so !!

Yup pretty nippley out there !

I can hear Sledders roaring down the Mountain ...sound like they were coming down from the North Blue Road !....Right on !!

My phone is ringing Sledders are chomping at the bit !!

I will Post Pics as soon as it starts to really Snow like they say.......

I will be Snow Dancing so Motley Crew & the Walmart Boy's have some Snow when they arrive !!

Stay Tuned more to come !.......

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Welllllllll.......here is a Pic for Ya ALL.....

Not a hole He!! of a lot happening here tonight !!.......Humm.....

Temp. @ 10:30pm is -3.3C. Ok. ULAR Squeeze out a dump for Blue !!

I will report back tomorrow again.....

~~ Chow for now ~~....LOL

Dog Day Afternoon .....

All Our Photos 537.jpg

All Our Photos 539.jpg

Have a Great Day ! :d :beer::beer:

Deasoninc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up there this weekend , looks like some good snow is supposed to dump at the end of the week!!! Heading up on Friday night. :beer::beer:

shellnekov

Reaction score
After reading the BRPP membership posts I do have a few questions. IF you do not ride those 3 areas, would you require a membership? If you were to sell 500 memberships at $50, what would the BRPP do with the $25000 per year it would be making? If BRPP is charging a membership for access to those 3 areas, then would any of the $25000 per year it receives for this access be used outside of maintaining these 3 areas ?

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres some pics from thurs...

Attachments

• P3040013.jpg
    P3040013.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 52
  • P3040015.jpg
    P3040015.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 39
  • P3040017.jpg
    P3040017.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 39

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pic's sledlift. How long did it take to get that XP out? How did the rider do that as i didnt see any marks in the bank usually indicating over the bars. My guess is he ghost rode er' after he chit his pants when he saw the dip!

btw - what area's did you guys ride and how were conditions?

ajay

Reaction score
You heading up to Blue River Ron? Was trying to convince BD to go.
Aj

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pic's sledlift. How long did it take to get that XP out? How did the rider do that as i didnt see any marks in the bank usually indicating over the bars. My guess is he ghost rode er' after he chit his pants when he saw the dip!

btw - what area's did you guys ride and how were conditions?

nope not a ghost rider lol... didnt go over bars but beside haha.... it was in salmon ...conditions were really good

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
After reading the BRPP membership posts I do have a few questions. IF you do not ride those 3 areas, would you require a membership? If you were to sell 500 memberships at $50, what would the BRPP do with the $25000 per year it would be making? If BRPP is charging a membership for access to those 3 areas, then would any of the $25000 per year it receives for this access be used outside of maintaining these 3 areas ?
A membership is not required to ride in Blue River other than in the 3 managed areas. It would be great to have 500 members and $25000. The voice we would have when dealing with government would be enhanced. We have a number of projects that we would love to do if we had funds, Improved access for a number of areas Salmon Ground Hog the North Blue, Parking lot expansions, Cabins in most areas, a proper bridge crossing etc. I assure you that every penny collected is reinvested in trying to improve the sledding experience. By the way there is no set number of riders for the member areas as I said in my last post we just needed a way of controlling and providing the information for these areas, As of today I think we have around 60-70 members and BCSF gets a portion of the $50.00 around $16.00 I think.

Good questions thanks
Bill

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Hellooooo......

Ok Condition update.....

Well it is overcast here in Blue River @2:30pm Temp. is +3.5C in the Shade

I have some Guests ( AKA Motley Crew ) on the Mountain right now so....I can give a Fresh off the Mountain report a little bit later on sooo.....

Stay Tuned more info. to follow !.......

Top Bottom