Big Iron Shootout Avalanche @ Turbo March 13,2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apextenn

Reaction score
Re: Big Iron Slide @ Turbo March 13,2010

My condolances to the friends and familys of all involved. Does anyone know if their has been a fund or donation accepted somewhere to help the victums of this horriable incedent i wish i had a chopper but sitting here just wonder what i could do to help. God speed fellow sledders

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I mean this in the nicest way possible, please stop bickering back and fourth and can we try and keep the posting for condolences and updates.

My sincerest condolences to the families.

Quoted for emphasis.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If anyone in Revy has a chance to scan the parking lot for me have a peek for the truck in the quote below. The enclosed trailer is a mirage, the truck you cant miss.

Ok, haven't heard from my brother in law. He goes to the BIS every year. Rides one of SLY's hopped up Yamies, drives and chev crew cab (lifted) looks like a pumpkin orange and black color with an enclosed trailer. If anyone See's it in Revy or the parking lots let me know.

God bless everyone involved and god speed for those that are affected.

Too the media, get off your ass and get your information from the source not from a web site that is hear say, your creating far too much speculation with the general public and not being professional about your chosen career of media reporting.

Dookiller

Reaction score

I think everyone in the sport is truly sadened by this horrific incident. The size of this Avy and the injuries and casualties that have came through so far. with the sheer numbers that were at this, sounds to me that everyone came through in a big way and must have reacted well. Maybe instead of blaming everyone for this event, they should be praising everyone for there efforts and reaction to this incident.....

For anyone who knows anything about Boulder.... There is usually 20 to 50 guys a day on the weekend that play on or around this area. Even if this event was cancelled, there still would have been individuals riding Turbo that day, with people below watching. Cancelling the event would not have prevented this from happening.....

blackdawg

Reaction score

yes,I'm a new member. Been following your site since last night.Have a relative there.Have not heard from.Phoned the RCMP and hospitols.No news.Trying to get a perspective on what's going on.Really appreciate your posts and support........Hoping for the best........
thank you all

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I do not agree with what the media is doing in any way, however, I feel all volunteer S&R people, as well as the RCMP should be thanked for their efforts.

Too often we bash RCMP for not paying attention to stolen equipment and vadalism. However, when a disaster like this happens they are all there or on standby. For all those involved, it's not easy seeing things like this first hand, even after the fact when the visions and news continue to poke people's feelings for such events.

Good on you.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

yes,I'm a new member. Been following your site since last night.Have a relative there.Have not heard from.Phoned the RCMP and hospitols.No news.Trying to get a perspective on what's going on.Really appreciate your posts and support........Hoping for the best........
thank you all

You've just stumbled across thousands of unknown freinds who will be praying for you and yours......

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

just got a PHONE CALL from someone in the media digging... Said they wanted info on the event itself. Told them I was not there and I had no comment. there are pictures on my website from last year, they must be digging deep

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Words can not describe how horrible all this is. Thoughts and prayers for everyone involved, and thanks to RCMP and S&R.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Please everyone, this threads about the Revy Avalanche and not the media, Yes there looking for info, but if every one is fighting them off and calling them names what do they think of us?

Im heading out for a bit and hope things improve,

I would like to say a BIG THANKS to Revelstoke Search and Rescue volunteers for all the help they are giving us in this, this is a large operation that no one really realizes how big it is. And what they have to do to make sure everyone is accounted for. And Im sure Powderpuff and Angie are going nuts today. Also I would like to thank the RCMP for the great media reports they are giving us. And the media is doing a fine job with what they have at this time, this is Big in the news right now.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

apparantly Troy is safe :p
I refrained from posting anything, until I heard that every one of my friends and aquaintances were off the hill and safe. Rebec has an injured leg, and both sleds still on the hill, but he is otherwise okay. RIP to the fallen, and many thanks to the S&R teams out there for doing what they do.

sparky660

Reaction score

I don't snowmobile but have family and friends that do and I am certain that a few of you know them. As a result I know how well knit the snowmobiling community is. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families and friends.

dwillowguy

Reaction score

Come you guy's let's stop bashing each other, yes we are a close knit group so use common sense when answering questions from newbies. A lot of people are fishing for info right now. Listened to news reporters asking why the sledders were in that area even thou there were warnings posted that day....DA that's what we do, but with CAUTION. We are always aware of what could happen and accept it, we come prepared if god forbid something happens. It's the same if you went to Disney Land......on a known fault line and an earthquake happened....wonder if they would be prepared for the after math as well as we are. When we go into the mountains we take the courses ,buy the survival gear the beacons,the probes, everyone I know takes this to heart.....LEAVE NO ONE BEHIND.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My heart goes out to all involved.

If anyone in Revy has a chance to scan the parking lot for me have a peek for the truck in the quote below. The enclosed trailer is a mirage, the truck you cant miss.
I hope that you hear something soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom