Big Iron Shootout Avalanche @ Turbo March 13,2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Big Iron Slide @ Turbo March 13,2010

Terrible news. Condolences to all those affected.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

The RCMP link is a great reliable source of information. Once again they ask this if you cant see the link posted earlier.

We do ask that anyone who was attending the event and who made there way safely off of the mountain, to attend the Revelstoke Community Center located at 600 Campbell Ave today, in addition to those who have equipment/property or machines still at the site. The RCMP would like to compile this information in order to assist with accounting of still missing persons and to ease the eventual return of equipment.

This is a tragic event that took place and things will get confused by the media, the reports and video's right after the tragedy will vary. The true facts seems to come to light as time goes by. And please we ask, if you know names of the deceased, please do not post them now, there is a time for there families to be notified before there posted on the internet.

We are a tight knit snowmobiling community that needs to stick together and we don't need to be pointing fingers now. Lets just hope the injured get better and have a full recovery and everyone is accounted for without any further losses to life. And all we can do is offer our condolences to the people and there families and friends. And may we all become wiser and learn from our experiences in life.

Ron
SnowandMud.com

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

CBC News is reporting that 19 people have been released from hospital after being treated for minor injuries... let's hope that more good news continues. Also, the RCMP stated in the news conference this morning that many of the 200 who were on the mountain have been accounted for through a variety of means. YAY!! Strength comes when we pray in numbers: keep hoping and keep praying.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So much sadness. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected. I read this thread through tears, and truly pray that the toll does not climb; that we the sledding community experience no more losses of our brothers and sisters (mothers and fathers, cousins and friends); that we all take this moment to think of those lost (this weekend and previously); that we learn from this experience; that this didn't happen in vain and that it brings us closer together as a community, to lean on each other for support.

Huge thanks go out to the Search and Rescue teams as well as the brave souls who had the wherewithal to help!

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This really sucks I am praying that they find every one that was missing and hope every one makes it. Every time I think about it I get a tear in my eye. Please every one if your in the backcountry BECAREFUL!!!

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Deepest condolences to all involved. God bless the families of the fallen, the ones that were there, and the unfortunate individuals that lost their lives. RIP...

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just heard the news this morning and can't believe my ears, my thoughts and prayer to all those involved. I can't imagine being there to witness the mayham as it would have unfolded. Unbelievable, thanks to all that have helped with the rescue efforts. Peace be with you all.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

a friend of mine just told me that he has 2 cousins that have not checked in as of yet ..they attend BIS every year ....not looking good

and if you really want to get closer to the truth just count the number of trucks in the parking lot

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

a friend of mine just told me that he has 2 cousins that have not checked in as of yet ..they attend BIS every year ....not looking good

and if you really want to get closer to the truth just count the number of trucks in the parking lot

Hopes and prayers for you and your friend!

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just heard the news this morning and can't believe my ears, my thoughts and prayer to all those involved. I can't imagine being there to witness the mayham as it would have unfolded. Unbelievable, thanks to all that have helped with the rescue efforts. Peace be with you all.

Showtime..... you just said what I wanted to say.... I can't even put words together right now. God Bless the families.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Every few posts someone should throw out a

"ALL REPORTERS..... DON'T BE SO LAZY CHERRY PICKING SLED FORUMS! COMMENTS CAN BE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT. GET OFF YOUR BEHIND AND DO SOME PROPER REPORTING OR GO BACK TO THE CITY!"

Maybe try and keep track which reporters pick from forums and which report incorrectly.

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok, haven't heard from my brother in law. He goes to the BIS every year. Rides one of SLY's hopped up Yamies, drives and chev crew cab (lifted) looks like a pumpkin orange and black color with an enclosed trailer. If anyone See's it in Revy or the parking lots let me know.

God bless everyone involved and god speed for those that are affected.

Too the media, get off your and get your information from the source not from a web site that is hear say, your creating far too much speculation with the general public and not being professional about your chosen career of media reporting.

Last edited by a moderator:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the rcmp have requested that all riders who went up the mountain yesterday report to the community center.. but sadly I know many of them have left before the request was made.. hopefully someone was making a list as people came off the hill last night.. maybe there should be a way to call in for those already left? just have them give DL#'s or something for way of rcmp verification

me2000

Reaction score

How many trucks are in the parking lot ?

I don't know why there isn't a list of missing people so that those of us looking for someone can watch and those of us that know someone that made it out can say we know they are OK.

Lets not forget that the searchers going in there have their lives on the line too.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Exactly why this thread should be locked, or posts with speculation should be deleted.

Out of respect to those affected by this accident why doesn't everyone just stop posting about this until the REAL TRUTH of the tragity is announced.
Let The media will make up their own story without dragging snow and mud into this.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my condolenses go out to everyone involved and to all the rescuers and people helping thanks and be safe

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If they are pm'ing you send their user names to the mods and they can shut down their accounts...... Media have some decency and respect for people. If you want a story go to Revy and get one.......

agreed. I'm getting sick of being PM'd by media asking for phone calls.. updates.. stories.. frick off your not gonna tell the truth anyway.. just because I had family directly involved doesn't give me any right to speak on their behalf either for the media

me2000

Reaction score

What the heck have the media done wrong ? The RCMP have given us a few numbers and left everything open to speculation.

Why doesn't someone come forward and start talking about the "REAL TRUTH" so that some of us have a better idea about what is going on there. There are lots of ways to talk about things without being disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom