Big Bore kits

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Ok guys stay in the closet.

Everyone! party and ride at Doo ryder's place this winter. I will bring some sleds with our motors for you to try. hope you have room.

Ted,

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have SHR 860.... seemed to work great till the piston skirt toasted the motor it only had 600miles on it, sent it back... well it is fixed and back in so will be testing it out dec 1 - 6 in blue i hope it don't blow up again.... i would be interested in going to that party just to see how they all compare

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have SHR 860.... seemed to work great till the piston skirt toasted the motor it only had 600miles on it, sent it back... well it is fixed and back in so will be testing it out dec 1 - 6 in blue i hope it don't blow up again.... i would be interested in going to that party just to see how they all compare

Pick me up on your way by. Mine's stock but i've been eyeballing a kit (to stay on everyone's good side I wont say which one)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
book me for this one too,,, hells I run a stoker:p

lol

as much as we joke about this.

we really do need to have a competition.

so much internet sledding going on with all the forums in regards to turbos and bigbores.

just need to pick a hill and get some facts. and photos. lol

i know how well each work. alot dont.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol

so much internet sledding going on with all the forums in regards to turbos and bigbores.

i don't care about a competition i just want to see where mine sit with the rest of them ...

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we would all love to see the outcome of this "Battle of the bores"

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure who builds a 925, its kind of embarassing

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV1xyVXAzQI[/media]

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol

bahahaha

internet sleding,, I love it.... and yes there is many,,,

its all in fun and every one rides different thats the big part, I sure as hell dont go straight very often so to me its the instant power and hook up as well as how easy I can throw my machine around. well I do love power as well:d

see y'all soon for COMP day or maybe we just call it test day so NO feelers are broken and everyone shows up. but really it would be fun keep me posted

let it snow

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save me a spot for the big day too! Still haven't decided on what to do, 860, 1160, or different sled with turbo. So much to do, so little time!:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
york basin in the crowsnest pass has one of the best hillclimb/drag racing hills anywhere.

Easy to setup a sled for a one shot deal, let's run them for 3 days in all sorts of conditions etc (climbing, boondocking, tight tight tight trees at slow running, etc) and see who is still running at the end of the weekend and which one performs the best in a variety of conditions and riding styles. Every sled must run premium pump gas.

Having a "one shot wonder" is great but all that means is it's setup for that type of riding and a builder can show up with a race fuel hot rod and beat everyone in an uphill drag, but in reality the setup is not something you would ride everyday (hard hit clutching that engages at 7000 rpm) or the motor will not last more than 1 day of hard riding without a rebuild or uses some exotic fuel like C16 to really make its power.

Just my thoughts.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do i sign up for this little contest?:p
I'd love to bring my sled and see how much of a difference the BB makes

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy to setup a sled for a one shot deal, let's run them for 3 days in all sorts of conditions etc (climbing, boondocking, tight tight tight trees at slow running, etc) and see who is still running at the end of the weekend and which one performs the best in a variety of conditions and riding styles. Every sled must run premium pump gas.

Having a "one shot wonder" is great but all that means is it's setup for that type of riding and a builder can show up with a race fuel hot rod and beat everyone in an uphill drag, but in reality the setup is not something you would ride everyday (hard hit clutching that engages at 7000 rpm) or the motor will not last more than 1 day of hard riding without a rebuild or uses some exotic fuel like C16 to really make its power.

Just my thoughts.

i like your thinking:beer:. its very true. you need to see those sleds fill up in the morning

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score

Just my thoughts.

Modman I don't think there is many one shot wonders around here(western canada) maybe in haydays events, thats about it. I don't think your going to have to worry about that.
On our motors I set up the piston clearances on all our motors, our nikasil is done our way and to our thickness spec, ported for elevation mtn riding, torque. all heads/motors are set up to run pump gas and make the most power. Thats how we set up our customers.

Ted,

Top Bottom