P3020007.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 46
  • P9180027.jpg
    P9180027.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 58

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When my dad still had his 660 grizzly he had 28" ITPS on it and they were good in the snow and mud and rock and every thing else that i could find to go on. LOL:rolleyes:

Justin:cool::eek:

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fat tires don't cut it in deep snow. Wide tires push snow rather than cut through it. You need the tallest, narrowest, with the biggest lugs. I've found that with this combo, the only limiting factor is high centering the frame

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you said " I don't want tracks" and I can respect that but who would you rather be? Check the video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_GzfLM2lcE&feature=related[/media]

polcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how well a paddle type tire would do in the snow.
Anybody tried it ?

krazy ken

Reaction score
I use 27 mud bugs for plowing and can make some wick piles, wife and kids have swamplites and they go good in the snow, wives is a Kodiak 450 with 26. Did put a clutch kit in this year to help her in the mud, not scared to get dirty this girl.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as the tires are wide, its like pushing a plow. You need something to cut through or push the snow aside. If you have to spin the tires for any distance chances are good that you;ll need a shovel. It's hard to compare a sled with paddles to a quad with them because the track supports the weight of the sled while the frame on the quad acts like an anchor.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got 27" 589's on my outty,great in snow and cleans out really well in the mud. Ice, ya not so good ....IMO:beer:

WILDMIKE

Reaction score
I've been running Kenda Bear Claws for a few years now, and as far as winter riding goes, I have no complaints! I ride with my 4X4 buddies, with the mud lites, and mud bugs, and stock tires...the mud lites seem to be a hard compound tire, and are awesome in mud, good in snow, but rather poor on the ice. Other buddy runs the mud bugs, he loves them so far, no complaints. And I run the bear claws on my 250sx, I may not pass them on the straights, but in the mud I can keep up to the 4x4's and even embarrass them sometimes! In the snow, they are o.k, don't paddle through the fluffy as good as the lites, or bugs, but I can keep going after I hit ice, the other buddy's usually need a tug! Not saying the claws are the best, just saying they work awesome for me! (In the winter I ride rivers, and trails, with usually a ton of ice.)
My 2 bits...Anyone else run Bear Claws?

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the wife was running bearclaws on her kodiak for years..even wore 1 set totally out,when it was time to replace them we went with the bearclaws again,they work great in the mud and are a stable tire.improves the quad 100 percent for steering,sidehilling,who goes a 100 kmh down the trail anyway(ok except rknight111...but anyway..if i didnt allready have mudlites(work great in the mud ,so so in the snow..tend to slip sideways on ice)i would go with bearclaws or the itp radials..good luck on your choice..now move over here comes that noisy grizzly:bike:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I just put over 500km on my foreman 400 this weekend and I run Bearclaws...we were out with 4 sleds and 5 Quads and I was going anywhere the sleds coulld go, well almost I sunk in a 6' drift but I would have been stuck regardless tires. I love the bearclaws and ride all year long, I can push through 3 feet of powder and even in the deeper stuff it's just a matter of going 10 feet forward and then 5 feet back to get another 10-15' not very efficient but quite impressive. I can ride the ditches and ride up over the drifts just like the sleds if I hit them with enoough speed.

But like any tire unless it is studded steep hills and ice could be a problem...one of the hills on our usual route is iced right up with no defined rut side to grab extra traction from....the 3 automatic quads were able to get up due to sheer speed, unfortunately my little 400 with a manual shift was not able to build enough speed quickly enough to run up it.....first time I've ever had to be towed up a hill by a sled...

anyway in short.....my opinion= can't beat the bearclaws in the snow.

jaredvh

Reaction score
Talk to Rej, he is on here under the username "mudbitchguy" and he is the Supergrip tire rep. He is excellent to deal with...

Top Bottom