Best saw for your pack?

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the chainsaw in a can at Princess auto and found out you get what you pay for It broke the first time I used it. Just the handle broke and you can still use it. If anyone finds another kind let us know

daves

Reaction score
Just get a bone saw at bass pro.and they also have a nice little hatchet that's about 10 inch long ,its about 2 pounds

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the chainsaw in a can at Princess auto and found out you get what you pay for It broke the first time I used it. Just the handle broke and you can still use it. If anyone finds another kind let us know

I looked at the princess auto saw after I had bought the pocket chainsaw from the Devil. The Princess Auto saw even looks crappy in comparison

Thegeneral

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buy a new folding saw just about every year once they get a little dull I buy a new one.
I also carry a 21 in bulk saw with 2 or 3 spare blades for taking out the big trees

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buy a new folding saw just about every year once they get a little dull I buy a new one.
I also carry a 21 in bulk saw with 2 or 3 spare blades for taking out the big trees

How many trees are you cutting down? Lol. Maybe you need a permit!
J/K

Thegeneral

Brad62

Reaction score
Got a pocket chainsaw years ago to keep in my pack when I was surveying. Not sure where I got it. I saw them at wholesale sports yesterday in south edmonton. There are two kinds out there, ones that use chain from a chainsaw, and a flat saw tooth blade kind. I got the chain saw type and works great. Cuts large trees pretty quick and you are using both hands rather than one.

Hylode

Reaction score
X2 Have a few folding ones and the Stihl is the strongest by far

SmallMood.png I like the Stihl Compact / Sharp !! and comes with a nice case that slides into and bag nicely !
Just my 2 cents !!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's where I got mine. Hard to find somewhere other than MEC for this stuff.
Maybe Campers Village.

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
I use a Stihl as well. Great saw. I was hung up on a tree in Gorman a couple years ago and was using the saw from the handle of my SOS shovel. The thing broke on me, gashed my hand. I'll never use one of those saws to cut trees again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 199

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a folding snowbunje saw, nice metal construction has been holding up well. Had a Gerber previously and it lasted for one tree.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have that stihl one too. I love it. Cuts like a hot knife thru butter. Makes short work of any size tree. I also have 3 different folding saws as well as the saw on the end of my HMK shovel but continue to use that Stihl.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a Stihl as well. Great saw. I was hung up on a tree in Gorman a couple years ago and was using the saw from the handle of my SOS shovel. The thing broke on me, gashed my hand. I'll never use one of those saws to cut trees again.

The saw that comes in the SOS shovel handle works well but will break easily if you use it wrong. It only cuts on the pull stroke if you put pressure on it while pushing, it will snap. I use the Fiskars saw that has the blade stored in the handle, been using it about four years now, since I busted the SOS one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom