Best saw for your pack?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone way more than I expected for this thread, going to try a few and see what happens, maybe it's being on a cat or the lack of common sense but I seem to climb trees a lot

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks everyone way more than I expected for this thread, going to try a few and see what happens, maybe it's being on a cat or the lack of common sense but I seem to climb trees a lot

Are you actually climbing them or just "hugging" 'em with your skis??????

Friggin' trees enyways........:D

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
With regards to the reviews of the Gerber saw/machete on eBay, here are a couple of photos of my Gerber. It appears to me that the handle is quite well attached. Maybe one gets what one pays for and those complainers are buying the cheaper model!

This was at Wholesale Sports for about $45 and as I said before I am into the 3rd year with it. I don't use the machete that much but the saw is used darn near every trip.

Friggin' trees enyways.............:D

IMG_2756.jpg IMG_2757.jpg

rapptorracing

Reaction score
I have a Fiskars that I used to trim some shrubs around the house, piece of garbage, I wouldn't bother taking it into the bush. I have a large Stihl arborist saw that that has been cutting out windfall on trails for last five years, keep it in seat pocket with spare shovel. Would like to upgrade to a Echo top handle chainsaw. The Stihl with plastic sheath is definitely the way to go, I will buy another just for the sheath.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Went and bought the corona at lowes today for twenty bucks, should do the trick for now but seems a little flimsy side to side, as Doug says, you get what you pay for, when this ones done I will try the stihl.

Top Bottom