Best saw for your pack?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's everyone using for saws? I have my ortovox shovel and the handle saw and there's been numerous times I wished I had a better setup? What where and how much? Thanks

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recommend stopping by Vermeer Canada and picking up one of their Arborist saws. They are super light and work for the pros. I also carry around some of the snatch blocks pulleys and carabiners for recovery as they are super light and silly high quality

John Cambell

Reaction score
I just buy a hand fold saw from Canadian tire. 15 bucks... Usually lasts the year if I saw correct. sharp to.... Got me out of many pickles when the skis are rammed between a tree.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just buy a hand fold saw from Canadian tire. 15 bucks... Usually lasts the year if I saw correct. sharp to.... Got me out of many pickles when the skis are rammed between a tree.

They break easy if you need to make a fire to survive.

I also carry a sog brand tomahawk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I use a Gerber 24" blade with a saw/machete combination. Rivet the case right to the tunnel. $42 at Wholesale Sports.

The saws in shovel handles are for doing compression tests on snow. The work for branches but the heavy duty trees take their toll. A good quality Stihl folding saw or an arborist saw would be good. The Canadian Tire saws, SOS, or BCA folding saws don't last and won't stand up to heavy use. If one rides the trees everyday, one needs a good saw.

IMG_2312.jpg

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got this one, in the medium size:

It has a case which is nice, but I have also replaced the blade already, too. Sharp and cuts pretty good. Did a 6" dead tree no problem.

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try a hand chain saw this year.

Had one of those hand chain saws for years it works good for me plus it is always in my pocket. Mine does not have the handles
just the rope loops on the end. And I also have one like this one.

Attachments

• 820909601555.jpg
    820909601555.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 270

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X1000000000000000 on the Stihl Saw for sure. They are strong, cut well.......... I've tested that theory many a time or two lol

camaroman72

Reaction score
Top Bottom